HCG and Pregnancy test

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
My buddies wife is taking HCG and has been for a few weeks now, she just pissed on a pregnancy test and my question is could the HCG in her system cause her Pregnancy test come out positive??

sorry if something like this was asked already.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
Yes, taking HCG can cause false positives in pregnancy tests.

They test for HCG to see if a girl may be pregnant, but HCG cannot be detected until after implantation, this results in false negatives if the test is performed during the very early stages of pregnancy.

So you have it both ways.

She needs to do an ultrasound.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
@itburnstopee

So that's why it burns when you pee?

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
It can, but usually only of she gave it to herself during leutal phase of menses.

Unsure if you know, was she getting HCG for fertility? Ask because doses wicked high and can cause false positives.

If she def isn't pregnant, can also be positive if she's also in early menopause, has had an early pregnancy that's lost.

Man, good luck....

I know they were trying to have a baby for awhile but I'm positive she was just using it for weight loss..
I believe she was just pushing 200 iu a day.

Schredder

Reaction score
My buddies wife is taking HCG and has been for a few weeks now, she just pissed on a pregnancy test and my question is could the HCG in her system cause her Pregnancy test come out positive??

sorry if something like this was asked already.

Yes it can, and it will if the HCG is real. Thats how a pregancy test works.....no HCG being produced produces a negative result. HCG being produced due to a pregnancy or HCG coming from an exogenous produces a positive result.

If youre a male this is a way to test if your HCG is real.

Last edited:

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've used pregnancy tests to see if hcg is real; so I'd say yes.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Yes it can, and it will if the HCG is real. Thats how a pregancy test works.....no HCG being produced produces a negative result. HCG being produced due to a pregnancy or HCG coming from an exogenous produces a positive result.

If youre a male this is a way to test if your HCG is real.

It must be a minimum concentration of HCG to produce a positive result and many HCG dosing protocols won't make concentrations high enough to get a positive result.

Schredder

Reaction score
It must be a minimum concentration of HCG to produce a positive result and many HCG dosing protocols won't make concentrations high enough to get a positive result.

The minimum must not be that high then because Ive used a test for a 250iu twice per week protocol and have had a positive show up. However, I cant remember when I took the test in relation to the HCG as it was a while ago.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
I've been lurking in the shadows lol. Dealing with many changes and situations as they come up.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but Doc, you popped in my head a couple of days ago:

Me and some clients wanted to eat something and we went to a Shawarma Stand. I was not up to eat one because I on sort of a cut right now.

Then I asked myself: "What Would DocDePanda Do?

So I ate two.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but Doc, you popped in my head a couple of days ago:

Me and some clients wanted to eat something and we went to a Shawarma Stand. I was not up to eat one because I on sort of a cut right now.

Then I asked myself: "What Would DocDePanda Do?

So I ate two.

Doc would have had 2 shawarma sandwiches and a shish taouk sandwich for dessert!

New Threads