need to gain weight

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Fukking love pancakes. Been crushing those frozen eggo waffles almost everyday before I train. Take a minute to warm up and are pretty fukking good for being frozen.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
Well, if you need 2700 cals but your only getting 2300....not exactly difficult to work out where the issue is :)

Bump the cals up immediately (none of this slowly over weeks shit, your just delaying your progress even further).

^This^

Sometimes, the answers are simple. We are looking for some complex way to reach a goal, when infact, it's quite simple.

Nutrition is indeed a complex matter, yes. But from where you are now, it's simple enough.

Keep eating healthy, eat what you want, how you want, just up your total intake.

Don't worry, the day you want to stop gaining weight , the day you'll want to cut while preserving muscle mass to the max, then it can become more complex.

Don't force yourself to eat "clean food" or "healthy food" if some of it makes you feel bad (gassy, bloat etc...).

BTW, there is not enough data to prove that low GI carbs are in any way superior to high GI carbs. But, that's another subject altogether.
And healthy? Don't get me started. Take Brown Rice for example, That's healthy right? Well, I will give my kids candy or soda pops before I give the brown rice, that's for sure. Arsenic? No thank you, <-google it up.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had 10 pancakes for bfast this morning. Could've eaten more but didn't have time to make another batch. Fukk you Pillar, the pancake crown is mine.

Hahahahaha you know you can't claim winning anything around here with out a vid. I love you Doc but I just can't take your word for it.

Make a vid of said pancake eating and show size and thickness of said pancakes before eating.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Hahahahaha you know you can't claim winning anything around here with out a vid. I love you Doc but I just can't take your word for it.

Make a vid of said pancake eating and show size and thickness of said pancakes before eating.

Next time I make pancakes I will send you a video of me eating them....in the nood

ironhardempress

Lady Member
Reaction score
i appreciate everyone's input! Up to 2500 cals now per advice of one poster. I will be up to 2700 by next week. BTW, speaking of pancakes i make protein pancakes with oatmeal flour and Quest protein and they are YUM

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had 10 pancakes for bfast this morning. Could've eaten more but didn't have time to make another batch. Fukk you Pillar, the pancake crown is mine.

Alright Doc is ready to eat

pile-pancakes-7867045.jpg

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Clearly tool has been taking my advice.... and clearly it has been working.

Amber Jones

Lady Member
Reaction score
Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, cooking meals at home, and reducing your intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, on the other hand, may help to improve mood and lower your risk for mental health problems. If you have already been diagnosed with a mental health problem, eating well can even help to manage your symptoms and regain control of your life.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What does a daily diet look like?
What are your meals on a typical day?
Frequency?
What do you eat for carbs?

gosh darn it y'all..I need a little encouragement. I have trouble gaining weight. I gained about 7 lbs after my first Primo cycle (it was sort of a test run) and was looking muscular and good, and then I went and lost it all when I went on my wedding vacation (3 weeks, not eathing enough, not working out other than recreational activities). I've been diligently upping my calories and of course back in the gym and I have only gained a little less than 2 lbs!! HOw can I lose 7 lbs in 3 weeks without even trying, but then when I TRY to gain it comes on so slow!?!? i realize some of that was proly water weight, but still... Its been almost a month since we've been back! I've got my calories up to 2300 (I've been raising them incrementally by 100/week based on what i htought I was intaking on vacay). I don't want to gain a lot of fat but i know my caloric goal is around 2700. Should I just throw caution to the wind and up it all at once? I eat SUPER clean all the time and always have, so it's super tough. I do not eat bread or pasta and rarely do I eat white potatoes (I eat sweet potatoes on occasion). I could eat a lot of peanut butter etc. but that usually ends up blowing my fat macros. I supplement with protein shakes. Suggestions? Thanks in advance. BTW, I lift 6 days a week, no cardio. I'm 5'10" and (almost) 143. I did my Harris-Benedict and it shows I need around 2700 (that's how I came up with that figure).