Building a thick how.. salty style

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
So your solution is to butcher the movement by using momentum to get the weight moving...not exactly the best approach unless the OP is a PLer and only cares about lifting as much weight as possible :)

Why not strengthen your weakest link instead of ignoring it?
Or pick another movement that minimizes the involvement of the core but still allows you to maximize tension on the back muscles....like seal rows?

Good cable row technique should involve some upper body movement where your retracting the scapular (chest comes up, shoulders go directly back, etc) but any more than that is just plain poor form.

HEY!!! Easy there bub! The smart ones care about form too!

We're powerlifters, not "strongmen"

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There's a wide debate here that makes it interesting to me . Probably both ways work well depending if your looking for strength or looking for hypertrophy one being better for the other . Jenners fuking ripped and she uses strict form while salty is a beast and well beasts that shit out . Both seem to work depending on what your looking for

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Row that damn boat! Hold your form for most of the work but give it hell on the last few. This is back work, it's not supposed to be pretty.

I feel my form was very on point
I'm not a sexy blond hair blue eye chick with huge tits working out here

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Salty,

I like to do my lower cable stuff first and then polish off with the pull downs. I also prefer a small straight bar that I can track over my hips with an over hand grip. It seems to take some of the bicep out of the movement.

Yates was all about the straight bar
I need to add that in more
Thanks snake

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
I concur..............................................

Thanks guys
Shits been working good for me and my core and back had control of the weight the entire time. I do see those guys who whip there entire body all over the place to move the weight

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's ok I'm sure the guy who raped u will help u with your form

We actually parted ways. Our career paths didn't match up and we weren't willing to make the sacrifice.

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
I get what you're saying, and strengthening your core is a great thing to do but it will never be as strong as your back.
Low rows are a solid movement for back development. But I've never seen a huge back doing them like a girl. Ronnie Coleman, Shawn Ray, Kai Greene all do them like Salty. To get a big back you need to hate **** the weight not play with it.

Plus by doing it this way your getting a full back contraction from the lower back to the top.

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
I've been doing it wrong all along...... My life means nothing now.

I didn't know I was supposed to look like a fing clown with a huge dildo up my ass doing these. Next time I'll make sure to have a butt plug in so I sit up straight like this

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I picture a skinny little female doing it super strict. Then I picture a mass monster doing it saltys way. Lol

Move the fukking iron and you'll grow. Move the heavy iron with not so perfect form and put that mass on. If u wanna look like a girl then use perfect strict form for 30 reps. But I'm sure the pump was great.

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
I picture a skinny little female doing it super strict. Then I picture a mass monster doing it saltys way. Lol

Move the fukking iron and you'll grow. Move the heavy iron with not so perfect form and put that mass on. If u wanna look like a girl then use perfect strict form for 30 reps. But I'm sure the pump was great.

It was painfully bad ass pump man. I'm not going the tranny route so i think I'll stick with the heavy beast weight. Not building a girls body even though nothing is more sexy then a woman that lifts weights, just use your sexy form that drives us men nuts and I'll use mine.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Lol I've been on the forums for like 7 years and never multi quoted. Don't know how.

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Lol I've been on the forums for like 7 years and never multi quoted. Don't know how.

That like asking me to write a digital computer program in code. I have no fing idea how to do that shit

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Guy can't even do a cable row correct u think he knows how to multi quote??? Pffffffff

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Me and salty should train together some day. He reminds me of myself.

New Threads