Rip Larry Evans

nightster

Elite
Reaction score
This dude was big guy trying to get in shape. He was at 800 pounds and was very inspiring. He died at 40.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, I am always rooting for the guys just starting to try to get in shape. It's by far the hardest phase of the fitness journey is getting off the couch and going to the gym. I know the feeling well , I imagine for the guys and gals that are way out of shape it must be equally as mentally hard as it is physically , they must feel very uncomfortable being limited and encumbered by there weight not to mention the feeling of being out of place or that eyes are on you while you are in a compromising position sweating . To me the one's who make it through this are the strongest in the gym it is very inspiring to see the fire in a beginners eyes . RIP

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
although I wasn't close to where he was weight wise, I totally understand how he felt. I was 472lbs at 38 years old. I was going to the gym trying to lose weight and struggling to walk! got stared at, laughed at throughout. I eventually gave up trying and had accepted death. then my mom passing away and my son getting in my ear about how my weight was affecting him, I was mortified at how I had put so much stress on him and my wife. I had no choice but to push through all the adversity and get my life back. fast forward 16 months and I and 248-253lbs and feel amazing. I am blessed to have beaten my obesity because like larry evans many never do and die from it. RIP man!

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Give us a run down on who he is brother. Was I should say.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
no problem! this fella was an inspiration to me throughout my weight loss! I wish he could have completed his journey too. sad!

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Used to work out next to him with clients on ocassion. Huge inspiration.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I really don't understand how these guys get to 800 pounds. That's crazyyyyyy. I know these people have problems and are addicted to food or whatever but its scary seeing how big these people get.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Never heard of him. Guess his heart finally gave up?

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
It happens fast man! I was 220 and blew up to 472 pretty fast. I caught my addiction and killed it but some never get to.. I'm back down to 249 now.

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
although I wasn't close to where he was weight wise, I totally understand how he felt. I was 472lbs at 38 years old. I was going to the gym trying to lose weight and struggling to walk! got stared at, laughed at throughout. I eventually gave up trying and had accepted death. then my mom passing away and my son getting in my ear about how my weight was affecting him, I was mortified at how I had put so much stress on him and my wife. I had no choice but to push through all the adversity and get my life back. fast forward 16 months and I and 248-253lbs and feel amazing. I am blessed to have beaten my obesity because like larry evans many never do and die from it. RIP man!

Good job
I have a colleague I have worked with for over15 years who I became good friends with. He happens to weigh over 400lbs. I got him to start working out about a year ago, he has been doing great. We live in different cities so the only way I have to hold him accountable is by phone, but whenever we have shows or meetings we workout together and I dare a MFR to laugh or say something out of line.
I hate it when people make others feel uncomfortable when they are trying to improve themselves.

New Threads