Sumo deadlift?...

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I love how people say sumo is easier blah blah blah range of motion blah blah blah. If its easier then make the switch and show me how much easier it is. Sumo is better for my leverages but every week my hips are destroyedddddddd But its worth the pain cus I will fukking pull 7 hunjjjjjooo

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love how people say sumo is easier blah blah blah range of motion blah blah blah. If its easier then make the switch and show me how much easier it is. Sumo is better for my leverages but every week my hips are destroyedddddddd But its worth the pain cus I will fukking pull 7 hunjjjjjooo

I don't think sumo is easier, I just hate it because I suck at it. I have thought it's less of a range of motion which could be an advantage but I don't knock it, Whatever works. I've tried it a couple of times. My PR deadlift is 605 and I'd be lucky to pull 500 sumo.

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score

Form I'm sure sucks but here is my sumo bitches
Lick these nuts
600lbs for 3 reps

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score

Form I'm sure sucks but here is my sumo bitches
Lick these nuts
600lbs for 3 reps
Like i told u in PM that's more of a hybrid type deadlift. U could make some minor changes and be pulling a lot of fukking weight sumo. You're just a strong fukker to begin with. Lol. Dick

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Like i told u in PM that's more of a hybrid type deadlift. U could make some minor changes and be pulling a lot of fukking weight sumo. You're just a strong fukker to begin with. Lol. Dick
My thoughts exactly lol.

It's a Coan style sumo. There really aren't any rules. You do what works for you.

BigJohnny

Elite
Reaction score
I suck @ pulling either way, but I REALLY suck at sumo!

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only time I ever didn't hate sumo is when I pulled like Salty. Closer stance, Ed Coan style. Seems like it could be very powerful. Conventional for me now because I ****ing love it. But like Dave Tate says, once he started gaining weight he would go from conv to sumo to conv and so on. Getting thicker and bigger changes leverages. One style may work for you at 220 but could be shit and have to switch at 242 etc.

New Threads