How low do you take carbs when dieting ?

4acesbro21

Elite
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if their is a certain amount of carbs you should take when dieting , im currently on 50g of carb a day amd hit abit of a standstill with loosing body fat , although i have been far from as strict as i know I should be and i stoped doing cardio because i lost 7lbs in 1 week when i first started , my current total calories is 1,500 which is really nothing when i was on 5,000 2 months ago and weighing about 16lbs more ... Ive totally ****ed up this cut i droped to many cals to fast because i wanted quick results fast... But im past that stage now and just want to move on and do what i can do in this last 4 weeks , i was going to restart cardio this week and then 2 weeks from when i plan to go im basicly dropping carbs to like 10 or 20 a day and increasing protein ,, this system has worked for me om the past but this time has been a total mess about dropping to much to quick
And im finding because i lost weight intialy i ended up not stiking to diet and in theory im dieting 4 days on and 3 off ..

Here is a pik to let you see were im currently at bearing in mind i beilve ive lost a bit of muacle due to inexperince in this diet
0b9ee1a57355eb0aa9b423fa0feb07a6.jpg
c247ae5cddf120cc1299714cab65d0f8.jpg
bb33798693075d5c98f09eb06eae9086.jpg

Last edited:

4acesbro21

Elite
Reaction score
Could do with som1 with abit of experience in diet to give me tips , i think this keto diet is really hard at times but its all i know in regards to loosing fat ,,, even if you could head me in the right direction for future of good bulking and cutting diets and timescales of which to put on and loose weight

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im cutting right now.I take carbs in the morning like a banana or oats.Then once again post workout.Ive been doing this for years everytime i get fat this is what i do.Im on 500mg cyp and the fat is burning quick as hell.My guess is 3 months ill be ripped then ill start bulking.Its really hard and u wont be at top strength but with the test it makes it easy.Not on gear i dont recommend doing this because it will eat your muscle up

4acesbro21

Elite
Reaction score
get a diet guy like spongy to make your diet.Hes technical and knows every trick

Have you ever used a coach etc ? Was think about paying a good pt or somone then it takes the guessing out it and i can just follow som1s instructions no questions asked.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Have you ever used a coach etc ? Was think about paying a good pt or somone then it takes the guessing out it and i can just follow som1s instructions no questions asked.

I wish I did.A good coach is a huge advantage

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
If I go Ketogenic I like to keep carbs <30g per day. It is the caloric deficit that is the driver though.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
If your having problems with diet adherence then that's as clear a sign as your going to get that keto might not be for you and/or your deficit is too large. Either decrease the size of the deficit or add some carbs in and follow a more moderate approach rather than restricting any macro by an extreme margin.

I personally adjust carbs based on how a person feels; some people feel like shit when carbs are too low, others feel like shit when carbs are too high (sleepy, fatigued, etc). I also take into account training volume because, quite simply, low carbs + caloric deficit + high training volume = muscle loss

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If your having problems with diet adherence then that's as clear a sign as your going to get that keto might not be for you and/or your deficit is too large. Either decrease the size of the deficit or add some carbs in and follow a more moderate approach rather than restricting any macro by an extreme margin.

I personally adjust carbs based on how a person feels; some people feel like shit when carbs are too low, others feel like shit when carbs are too high (sleepy, fatigued, etc). I also take into account training volume because, quite simply, low carbs + caloric deficit + high training volume = muscle loss

One thing I liked about every nutrition class I took was they all said one thing that was always the same. "The best nutrition plan is what works for you."

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
One thing I liked about every nutrition class I took was they all said one thing that was always the same. "The best nutrition plan is what works for you."

I dare you to adopt that approach when questioned about nutrition...see how grateful people are when you respond with "it depends" :)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dare you to adopt that approach when questioned about nutrition...see how grateful people are when you respond with "it depends" :)

Yeah believe me I have already gotten shit quite a few times. I am fortunate though that most people that ask me are actually asking not being an askhole.

Reaction score
Just posting to find it and edit tomorrow... u seem totally lost and i guess i can help you. cya tomorrow!

New Threads