Taking T3 and the effects on T4 in the body

Runningwild

Elite
Reaction score
Hey,

So I imagine if you take t3 it would signal your body to stop producing t4 since the body produces t4 and it converts to t3. (Correct me if I am wrong with any of this) But my questions is that if you take t3 and it lowers your natural t4 levels, is there any negative affect of having low t4 but elevated t3. Would it make anymore sense to take t4 with t3 to not put your body out of a natural balance?

I am just curious and started to think about this the other day, not currently taking either.

Reaction score
also curious. i have armour thyroids also slin and gh. heard there's a synergy of muscle gain and fat loss.

Reaction score
Same question here, as I already take thyroid medication for under active thyroid.

Reaction score
So I’m no expert but you tell me if it would be beneficial to deplete your stores of T4, in essence meaning that if you quit taking T3 you will have little reserves to generate T3 from (T4 is converted to T3).

I personally supplement T3:T4 in a 1:5 ratio (25ug T3 to 125ug T4 ) if I’m cutting hard and need the T3 to keep my metabolism going. Thyroid bounces back within 1.5 weeks for me using these dosages.

TLDR; Lower T4 maybe isn’t bad for you but might cause recovery to take longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Threads