Women and HGH

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Are there any precautions to women using HGH?, any certain protocols one should be aware of?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The only one I know of is if there is a history of cancer.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Can I ask what the GH is for specifically?

Due to higher estrogen levels, premenapausal women tend to have higher natural GH levels than men BUT are more resistant to the igf-1 generating effects:
The effect of four weeks of supraphysiological growth hormone administration on the insulin-like growth factor axis in women and men

This means that if she's using it for body comp purposes then the dosing would need to be higher compared with men and, as a result, the risk/reward ratio becomes more questionable in relation to sides.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Can I ask what the GH is for specifically?

Due to higher estrogen levels, premenapausal women tend to have higher natural GH levels than men BUT are more resistant to the igf-1 generating effects:
The effect of four weeks of supraphysiological growth hormone administration on the insulin-like growth factor axis in women and men

This means that if she's using it for body comp purposes then the dosing would need to be higher compared with men and, as a result, the risk/reward ratio becomes more questionable in relation to sides.
Possible skin toning, and overall muscle leaning. She works out regularly, but would like a little assistance. She is 60 and post menopausal.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had a female on GH for a while. Premenopause. Didn't see the fat loss affects like in men (but frankly what else is new) but did see better sleep, stronger nails which was nice cause I didn't have to listen to oh I broke a nail ever, recovery was quick...

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Possible skin toning, and overall muscle leaning. She works out regularly, but would like a little assistance. She is 60 and post menopausal.

Is she on any kind of HRT?
I ask because, IIRC, GH can increase progesterone levels and any sort of estrogen replacement therapy can mimic the response of premenopausal to exogenous GH use (needing higher doses in comparison to us, etc) so that needs to be taken into consideration:
Effect of menopause and different combined estradiol-progestin regimens on basal and growth hormone-releasing hormone-stimulated serum growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor-1, insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP)-1, and IGFBP-3 levels.

Beyond that, postmenopausal women aren't really in my area of interest I'm afraid. If I had to give an educated opinion:
- I don't see any issues beyond the norm with GH use for health benefits (clearer skin, better sleep, etc).
- I consider GH to be a waste of money for fat loss (what I assume you were referring to by "muscle leaning") because it takes months to do anything worthwhile regardless of her current HRT protocol.

New Threads