Keto diet protein %

vukasinami

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I am doing keto first week now and just too see with who did run it and have sucess for the range of macros.
Stats
36y
100 kg
Calories 2100 with deficit
Carbs 30 gr
Protein 210gr
Fats 140
I am on gear also prop and tren ace
Very concirned for the standard ratio of fats towards a protein.
Is my ratio good and will i loose muscle if i lower protein.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I think your protein needs are your protein needs so the questions is more like are you getting an adequate amount now. My guess is if you're somewhat lean at 100 kg, you may be pushing it if you drop much under 180 grams of protein. I'm not big on that diet but that's just me. Others have had success with it but not for more than a few weeks.

Truthfully, I think you shouldn't go any lower. The Tren may also help you during this cut but it can't do it alone.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
60% of cals from fat
30% protein
Rest is carbs but I try and just keep them at trace levels

TheHercWithAMouth

Reaction score
It's hard to lose muscle on gear....like you almost have to TRY and do it. If you're trying to lose some fat though why not just carb cycle? It's simple and way easier to stick to than keto. Keto is horrible for people who lift.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It's hard to lose muscle on gear....like you almost have to TRY and do it....

That's a common misconception. You have a daily protein turnover rate (PTOR). That is the amount of protein that is cycled through daily. In a calorie deficit, it is easy to slip into catabolism.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
All confused now

If you are comfortable with a keto diet, then go with it. Drop the carbs next to nothing and be in a slight calorie deficit. Keto is extremely effective.

Decide your caloric intake.

Decide your protein requirement. I'd go at least a gram per pound.

Take your protein in grams and multiply by 4. Divide that number by your total caloric intake. This is the percent of calories that comes from protein.

Take the remainder of your calories (subtract protein calories from total caloric intake) and divide by 9. This is your fat requirement in grams.

Your remainder calories from fat can be divided by total calories to give you your fat percentage.

Don't eat any carbs. You're bound to snag a few. But they shouldn't be a significant portion of your intake. If you go above 50 grams or so, it can be difficult to stay in ketosis.

Professional dietitians may disagree on if you should use a keto diet. This is simply a basic keto diet calculation.

vukasinami

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks cornelius,i know standard diet was 30 % on protein intake.
And they say always you should take a gram per pound of body weight for anybody who lifts

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have ran palumbos version of the keto with a higher protein percentage and it has worked
You have to also take into account training activity and intensity ....
Pretty much the main thing to focus on is keeping carbs low

vukasinami

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah Bane,yesterday i was doing loading and it was problem to shuffle all of that carbs in.

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't need to load any carbs in unless you sit at a plateau for too long.
I'd carb load for one meal and not often. Especially not when you first start the diet.

Palumbo says every two weeks for the first two weeks and John kiefer says after 10 days and then once a week.
I don't buy it. Maybe for a competitor.
If the carb load doesn't work, Then readjust macros fat/protein ratio. If that doesn't work then you look at training and cardio. Could always adjust calories as a last resort.

These are just my personal experiences...
I just started a keto diet again.
I ****in hate them. I hate them because I look flat. My strength drops and I do not feel like I make any gains whatsoever and I like gains.
Yet you can not argue with the fat loss a keto can give you.

vukasinami

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Also very happy with keto.
But i will try loading on a 2 weeks or something longer

New Threads