1st time on DNP, can't feel any effect's, wondering abuot upping the dose, advise please?

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
OK the weight fluctuation is going to happen. Try to keep track of your weight in the morning right after waking up. This should be the weight you are concerned with. Dont even weigh yourself throughout the day, its going to go up as you eat, drink fluids, etc. In the begining when i used to weigh myself throughout the day i used to weight up to 3 lbs heavier so dont get discouraged.
So i converted kg to lbs and cm to feet and inches so i understand better. Sorry if its confusing for you. You are 222lbs. about 5'9". Very close to me. i started at 218 and i'm 5'8"
If you are around 25% body fat u probably dont have to worry much about maintaining muscle so protein doesnt have to be extremely high.
What i recommend for you to do is get off the shakes a little bit and try to eat lean protein. Chicken breast, cod, tuna in water, tilapia those kind of proteins. You also say your eating a "good amount of fruit" most fruits are very high in sugar, while this may help later on when u start feeling lethargic, i think right now its not needed. Try cutting most fruits out and eating 2 small servings of a complex carb, most will say sweet potato or brown rice. eat that with your real food protein. Drop the toast and eggs.
Lastly, the dnp could be slightly under dosed. This is something very powerful and i dont think you should cheap out on it. But you already have it so lets work with what u have.
Try implementing real foods in your diet for 2 more days, see how your body and your weight react to this. IF you dont see much of a difference, then yea i think its time to up the dose.
Most importantly, be patient. You have to find what works best for YOU.
If you want, check out my log. I have a lot of info there.

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
No problem man . If u have questions just pm me.

Reaction score
Not dead, had to stop for a few days as the weather here is too hot.

I was having little to no effect at 250mg, so I upped it to 500mg, I didn't think at this point I was feeling anything and carried on for about 5 days. I did notice I was warm but couldn't overally tell if it was the weather or the pills. Any how on 1 very warm day I was very i'll ended up in bed all day far too hot, took 5 showers and with the fans on full laid naked on the bed all day with no covers. I also felt incredibly tired, walking up 2 flights of stairs felt like my upper legs muscles were breaking off.

So right now we have a heat wave and it's 28c, I don't feel like baking for another 5 days, so I took yesterday off and tonight I will be taking 250mg before bed.

As for weight loss, I have been real strict with my diet, I believe I started at a 16stone and 5 ibs, I now weigh 15stone and 9ibs (bit of fluctuation throughout the day as expected) so in just under 2 weeks I have lost around 10 ibs, how ever I honestly think this was easily achivable for me without the pills as I have done it before.

What I would say regardless of weather or not the pills do their job is that, they make you feel so shit in general you don't want to eat anyway.

Also and a bit embarrasing, with the xenical I am on I have managed to shit my self twice... if you ever need a reason to not consume fatty foods, then shitting your self is a pretty good reason.

I will go back upto 500 but aim to do it later at night and when temps have dropped, it's near impossible for me to do anything while being so hot during the day.

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
Glad to see your still alive lol . All the sides sound normal to me . Good job on the 10lb loss����

Reaction score
Ok so not got back on them yet because of the following, today I put on some socks, when I took my socks off both feet were covered in little red rashes upto around my ankle, but very obvious on my feet all over. Now it's possible something in the socks has caused this, but I have never been allergic to anything before so seems a bit strange, any one had similar effects?

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
no experience with rash on my feet. I heard if you were to get hives u would get it all around but again, i have no experience with it so i wouldnt know too much. Did you take any anti allergens?

Reaction score
Yep Hives it is, yay lol. Dunno if this is cause i've come off the meds or what. Guess I best get curing before I go back on them.

Reaction score
Update - still alive, took some piriton, rash almost gone, back on tabs tonight it's cooler!

Reaction score
Update ::::

ok, so I am approaching my full month in 6 days. I started out some where between 16stone 8 pounds and I am currently 15 stone 3 pounds. I am hoping to drop another 5 - 10 pounds in the last 6 days by eating very clean, except my birthday meal :)

I have been taking from the start 250mg, which was upped to around 500mg, I have missed about 5 or 6 days where I just couldn't take it due to the weather.

the hives went and never came back once i took some tabs for it, I have been eating overall quite well and noticed that if I ate anything fatty like a chinese take away etc, I maintained my weight or put a little on but certainly didn't lose any that day or the day after. So I have tried to reframe from those the best I could.

Other wise I have been doing shakes and generally healthy low calorie, low fat foods with low carbs. Gym sessions have been difficult but not impossible.

I don't think I would have lost quite as much weight without the dnp, Id say at elast half my weight loss has been down to the dnp.

Pro's - weight loss

Cons - heat (a lot of it especially if you're fat and already hot) tiredness, sweating, stomach ache, the runs, hives.

Basically in one sense the stuffs great and I could recommend, in another sense avoid it like the plague. I have vowed to never ever get out of shape again regardless of what's going on in my life. cause DNP ain't fun and dieting even less so.

I'll be taking a diet after the 12th, going on holiday and then when I get back maybe doing another month in a month or so when it's cooled down a bit. Cheers for the advice upto now.

New Threads