6 weeks in and still low t

Reaction score
Ok guys so I had my levels checked today, and all I got to say is wtf! My free t was 8.8 and total was 296. The doc was pretty surprised, but no real theory other than I metabolize it super fast. The first week was 200mg and 140mg since. However, he bumped me to 180mg and will be the dose for another 5 weeks until next bloods. Any ideas why im still so low? Does it just take some more time than others?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. Normal dosing doesn't work for me. Don't care why. Just bump my dose please.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, that's why you do the blood work. He'll get you dialed in. Have you noticed anything? Morning wood is typically the first sign. Did he say where he wants you locked in at? TRT is more about health and better feeling of well being than a number on your blood work.

sgf

Reaction score
I'll be having my first sets of bloods on TRT in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to seeing what it is....don't feel a huge difference at this stage. Still no morning wood.

Reaction score
Well, that's why you do the blood work. He'll get you dialed in. Have you noticed anything? Morning wood is typically the first sign. Did he say where he wants you locked in at? TRT is more about health and better feeling of well being than a number on your blood work.
Well after the first couple weeks I had morning wood and my libido was up. The last 2 weeks nothing, and have felt ran down worse than before. He wants my free t to be around 20.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Well after the first couple weeks I had morning wood and my libido was up. The last 2 weeks nothing, and have felt ran down worse than before. He wants my free t to be around 20.
You're not taking HCG, right?
My guess is your were running fine until your natural testosterone production shut down and you were only running on your injection dose. I would thing the bump in dose would help make up the difference but I'm no Doctor so..

Reaction score
You're not taking HCG, right?
My guess is your were running fine until your natural testosterone production shut down and you were only running on your injection dose. I would thing the bump in dose would help make up the difference but I'm no Doctor so..
No HCG. Makes sense, I've been thinking about adding HCG actually.

Reaction score
Ok guys so I had my levels checked today, and all I got to say is wtf! My free t was 8.8 and total was 296. The doc was pretty surprised, but no real theory other than I metabolize it super fast. The first week was 200mg and 140mg since. However, he bumped me to 180mg and will be the dose for another 5 weeks until next bloods. Any ideas why im still so low? Does it just take some more time than others?

---------------------------------------
I have a similar story:

Before Treatment:

Total T 430

Free T 4.7 (7.2-24). --treated due to sxs and this number.

After 5 weeks test cyp 100 / week:

Total T 456

Free T 7.2. (7.2-24)

Labs didn't change much and only mild improvement in symptoms.

Suppose I have lots of SHBG binding free T and quick metabolizer

Dose increased to 200 / week, after 5 weeks

Total T 850

Free T 16.9

E2 21.8

Hct 44

Labs perfect. , feel much better---

Last edited:

New Threads