Stand Alone Deca Cycle Debate

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Back in the late 80's & early 90's I ran a couple of nandrolone decanoate at 100mg eod cycles for roughly 14 weeks a piece no pct.

The first stand alone deca cycle I ran I went from 140 to 160 and at 160 looked bigger than a couple friends of mine that weighed 180 and 190.

The second time I ran a deca only cycle I weighed in at 180 and gained another 20 pounds on it and looked way bigger than a normal 200 pounder.

Not to mention the epic strength gains no bloat fat or ridiculous amounts of water retention no gyno.

Nowadays the standard issue say's you need run test with deca, have caber on hand if you don't want get limp dick, have AI on hand.

I agree with all the new knowledge and scientific approach to combat sides and stay safe this and that also lost some gains due to no pct.

But on the deca stand alone cycles I had great size and strength gains no limp dick as a matter of fact remember humping two different chicks within hours of each other with the same dirty dick on many occasions because I was so damn horny I would wreck the one pussy cum then need to go get some more pussy.

Are test, an AI and caber totally necessary ?

Or are they only good to have around for just in case ?

Last edited:

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well speaking from experience , I wouldn't run deca without test. Im not willing to take that chance or experiment like you did, I can't afford to have a dead PP now with the whole caber situation that I say u have to keep at hand depending on ur history with prolactin because this cycle not once did I have to use it. Everyone is different and what works for u might not work for me . Having a AI I wouldn't fk around with that. I have the at all times and use. Now like it is always said u have to try and the only way you going to know what's going on and if it's working is with BLOODWORK other than that u just playing a guessing game.

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Well Z, we know better now so stick to close to the current cycle layouts. Don't fuuk with Deca if you're not 99% sure about it going in. Deca is a grab your balls and jump AAS and once in, getting out the back door is far away.

As for bangin' all that tail; you were much younger then and that's just normal at those ages. Therefore I don't think you should give Deca all the credit.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am not sure about the 80's, but if you were to tell me that this was after the 1990 steroid ban, I'd tell you that it was testosterone you were taking and not deca. Deca is more expensive. Test is cheap. Better markup and the average rookie wont know the difference.

Last edited:

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did this also but it was 2001 so maybe it was just test . it was Mexican gear that some buddies brought back with them from spring break . I ran what I thought was 250mg deca for 15 wks I got good results . I dieted hard lost 20 lbs or so (i was fat ) made some moderate strength gains . I would never try that again though knowing what I know and I don't know much :)

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I've ran a deca only cycle. It sucked. Was good at first but after about 8 weeks my cock didn't work. Floppy cock syndrome. Def run test

Reactions: DF

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
I know some guys that ran deca only with no problems.... But Z... Why?

I mean, if you were going to run one drug alone why would you want to choose deca?

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
I ran a deca only only cycle when I was 18, it was Norandren 200, I took 1 cc for 10 weeks. I had great strength and weight gain, i also knew nothing about pct and recovered naturally. I felt like shit and had no motivation to go to the gym for a long time after I stopped and I lost most of my gains

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How long after beginning taking it should you wait before having the bloodwork done?

Also, on this one site where you can buy deca, they say to take proviron with it. It's confusing, because I've always heard it was caber. Do you have any idea why they said proviron instead? They don't mention Caber at all.

Well speaking from experience , I wouldn't run deca without test. Im not willing to take that chance or experiment like you did, I can't afford to have a dead PP now with the whole caber situation that I say u have to keep at hand depending on ur history with prolactin because this cycle not once did I have to use it. Everyone is different and what works for u might not work for me . Having a AI I wouldn't fk around with that. I have the at all times and use. Now like it is always said u have to try and the only way you going to know what's going on and if it's working is with BLOODWORK other than that u just playing a guessing game.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
How long after beginning taking it should you wait before having the bloodwork done?

Also, on this one site where you can buy deca, they say to take proviron with it. It's confusing, because I've always heard it was caber. Do you have any idea why they said proviron instead? They don't mention Caber at all.

They are trying to sell as many steroids as possible.

Ive heard proviron has a slight A I effect this and that but I wouldnt count on it.

The safest way to run the nandrolones is with test also have caber and an a i handy.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I've personally never understood the "AI on hand" mentality. Run it from the beginning. Long term you're better off having an e2 crash than rocks under your nipples.

Reaction score
always have all the proper tools
I am a PhD converted to bodybuilding 25 years ago and tend to believe and know the more knowledge and understanding one has to any space is the real answer.
1) always have post recovery, on a microcellular level it's all relative
2) Run test with Deca but don't mix them in the same syringe. Don't have time to explain the antagonist issues
3) your first year on AAS is a free be after that always have pct, hcg, etc

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why can't u mix deca and test in the same syringe? This should be good

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't really see how this is even debatable.

Deca doesn't cover the same pathways as test and since your going to be shutting down your own production....it makes perfect sense from a health standpoint to at least add in a TRT level dose.

I don't see how its going to be magically better for bodycomp, strength, whatever compared to deca + plus test.

The whole AI/DA thing has always been individual specific.
Some people need an AI, others don't, with experience (and bloodwork) you tend to get a good idea of what camp you'll fall into. I've always been a fan of DAs for reasons that have nothing to do with this thread so won't comment too much there due to my bias on the subject.

Also, trying to justify a decision based on an experience you had 20-30yrs ago, when you know the recent data is against you, isn't a very good use of logic Z. Just saying.

Of course I don't have the experience you guys have so if someone can come up with an objective (none of this it worked for me bs) reason why deca only cycles are superior, then I'm all ears :)

Reaction score
Long story short these 2 anabolics are always competing for senior status. By separating the drugs don't intermix this giving you less aromitization. It's called osmosis, very simple truth. Now with that being said, mixing test and eq is of greater value vs the previous theory. As you know never mix tren e and test e as the test e will slightly cancel.out the tren. Now if one chooses not to shoot separately I don't think it makes a significant difference early on but after long term use it absolutely does 1000%.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
...these 2 anabolics are always competing for senior status...

Do they actually "compete", I always seen it as a "first come first served". There's a connection, the receptor is occupied until synthesis is complete. If the receptor is occupied that's it. So if I'm not mistaken, the "competition" is in fact a race to the receptor site, no?

Runningwild

Elite
Reaction score
Long story short these 2 anabolics are always competing for senior status. By separating the drugs don't intermix this giving you less aromitization. It's called osmosis, very simple truth. Now with that being said, mixing test and eq is of greater value vs the previous theory. As you know never mix tren e and test e as the test e will slightly cancel.out the tren. Now if one chooses not to shoot separately I don't think it makes a significant difference early on but after long term use it absolutely does 1000%.

So this is only if the oils are mixed together but doesn't apply when both hormones are released in your body

Ryand

Reaction score
Deca only = risk not worth reward.

Unless you wanna be a muscly lady

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Oh now u can't mix test and deca in the same syringe? Ok well I've been doing that for years and have no problems with that. And the test and Tren competing for receptors is bullshit in my opinion too. So much ****ing regurgitated bullshit bro science garbage it's ridiculous