BactiZapper Infrared MicroSterilizer to steriilize vials?

Reaction score
just came across this.

BactiZapper Infrared MicroSterilizer

The BactiZapper™ has an asbestos-free core element that uses infrared heating to produce 815°C (1500°F). It completely sterilizes in 5-7 seconds. The BactiZapper uses well-proven technology to provide instant sterilization of platinum inoculating loops, needles, glass tube/pipette mouths and various metal &
borosilicate glass instruments used in quality control and research. It also has a lower temperature setting (500°C) that can be used as a "standby" and extends usable life.

The ceramic heating element is safely enclosed in a perforated stainless steel guard chamber, protecting users from accidental contact with the extreme temperatures of the core area. It is extremely compact, convenient and can be used in anaerobic and aerobic chambers.

its on a medical lab supply website....

I was thinking this to clean my vials...

but I have never heard of anyone talk about this equipment....

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well 1500 would definitely work to sterilize and destroy any toxins left behind. Spore formers wouldn't stand a chance.

It would be too hot for the stoppers of course though.

Reaction score
Thanks POB. appreciate it. I forgot all about the rubber stoppers getting to hot ha. what method do you use for the stoppers?
I'm thinking a bowl of alcohol. dipping it in that and putting it in a dry Tupperware (that I sterilized of course with alcohol that I shaked with it inside and then emptied it and put the lid back on etc... you get the idea..) container with the lid to dry then putting it on the vials. should do the trick!

I use sterile vials already sterile and syringe filter, but even for personal use its getting annoying when I'm running multiple compounds. so was looking to upgrade.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on a bactizapper. Sounds like a bug zapper. The oven at 350 for 20 minutes will kill anything that could cause harm. As far as sterilizing with alcohol...alcohol isn't a sterilizer. Yea it will kill most bacteria but it doesn't kill it all. There are ultraviolet lamps that are used to sterilize plastic and rubber since you cant use heat on those. Its called ultraviolet germicidal irradiation. Its a disinfection method that uses short wavelength ultraviolet light (aka uv-c) to kill or inactivate micro-organisms by destroying their nucleic acids and disrupting their dna leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions. The most common uv light is uv-b but uv-c has a higher frequency of UV light that can kill germs. Uv-c light is highly effective at penetrating thin-walled germs like viruses and bacteria.

Even with utilizing all the sterilization methods you can, infection is still possilble due to the X factors...which are the air, your skin, the top of your stopper that is unsterilized due to being exposed all day every day, or even the needle that your using. With all this being said I have gotten a couple infections over the years even after extensive sterilization. I couldn't point out what caused if but I am sure it was to do with atmosphere. I still used the rest of the gear out of that vial and never got another infection. I know it wasn't what was on the inside that did it. The infections were tiny though and easy to get rid of. I don't use alcohol to swab the vial nor my skin. Hell I will even inject being all sweaty right after the gym. Its not like your going to lose a leg or your life...well as long as your not a moron and just let the infection grow thinking it will heal itself. The body is an amazing thing and its a lot harder to get an infection than most people think.

New Threads