MK677 - A Run

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Best night so far. Woke only twice - first after perhaps 90 mins of sleep and then got a 6 hour stretch. Was the longest I think I've slept uninterrupted in perhaps years. Fawkin' brilliant!

Weighed-in this morning, down another half-pound & this after a 'cheat meal' with the Missus yesterday (nothing too overboard - we went for Hibachi but I did double steak / double fried rice and didnt go light on the 'yum yum sauce' either).

So far no bloat, no signs of water retention.

Added the Yohimbine yesterday and took again this morning on an empty stomach to see if I can shake the mid-day lethargy. I'm just taking two doses (one on waking, one mid-day) at present of 2.5 mg each so very mild for starters. Yesterday afternoon I was a bit tired but could easily have been from all the carbs I ate :) Will continue tracking on this front.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Best night so far. Woke only twice - first after perhaps 90 mins of sleep and then got a 6 hour stretch. Was the longest I think I've slept uninterrupted in perhaps years. Fawkin' brilliant!

Weighed-in this morning, down another half-pound & this after a 'cheat meal' with the Missus yesterday (nothing too overboard - we went for Hibachi but I did double steak / double fried rice and didnt go light on the 'yum yum sauce' either).

So far no bloat, no signs of water retention.

Added the Yohimbine yesterday and took again this morning on an empty stomach to see if I can shake the mid-day lethargy. I'm just taking two doses (one on waking, one mid-day) at present of 2.5 mg each so very mild for starters. Yesterday afternoon I was a bit tired but could easily have been from all the carbs I ate :) Will continue tracking on this front.

So, are you cool with the weight loss? Have you noticed any shrinkage in your muscles? Im curious if you are at maintenance with your macros right now, or if you are trying to lose some bf? If you are slightly worried about the weight loss, I wonder if increasing your calories a bit might level stuff out...? Im just curious what weight specifically, is coming off of you...?

Btw, congrats on the sleep dude! Thats fricken awesome.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So, are you cool with the weight loss? Have you noticed any shrinkage in your muscles? Im curious if you are at maintenance with your macros right now, or if you are trying to lose some bf? If you are slightly worried about the weight loss, I wonder if increasing your calories a bit might level stuff out...? Im just curious what weight specifically, is coming off of you...?

Btw, congrats on the sleep dude! Thats fricken awesome.

Aye, good call out. I'm eating at maintenance - not really looking to cut at present. That said - and I'm reluctant to put it this way for fear of sound like I'm overhyping this stuff - the weight seems to be leaving me midsection (fat loss). I'm not flat in terms of my muscle mass, and my strength in the gym is bang on. To yer point, if it continues to drop off, I may need to adjust my current macros.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Aye, good call out. I'm eating at maintenance - not really looking to cut at present. That said - and I'm reluctant to put it this way for fear of sound like I'm overhyping this stuff - the weight seems to be leaving me midsection (fat loss). I'm not flat in terms of my muscle mass, and my strength in the gym is bang on. To yer point, if it continues to drop off, I may need to adjust my current macros.

Okay, interesting.... Well just keep an eye on it.... I was just curious... Thanx brov!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mid-day update - the yohimbine def takes the edge off the lethargy I'd been feeling.

Took 2.5 mg this morning on waking and another 2.5 mg an hour or so ago.

Still a bit of lag, but much more manageable than without.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Similar sleep patterns last night - good quality stint for 90 mins then up to p1ss, back to sleep easily for another 5 hours. Up a bit early as I've got to roll out for work this morning a touch sooner than normal.

Scale weight back up a pound this morning. Is really nothing for my size, could just be water retention - will be on guard for bloating though.

Yohimbine this morning again on waking (2.5 mg) and will get another 2.5 mg mid-day.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seeing the sleep patterns definitely improve. Another night in the same rhythm: an initial 90 mins of solid REM, up to p1ss and then a block of 4-5 hours quality sleep. Woek before my alarm, no grogginess and felt relatively refreshed.

Daytime lethargy is diminishing, could be the Yohimbine or could be is naturally subsiding as me body acclimates to the MK677. Either way, felt less a zombie in the mid-afternoon as I had been.

Down a half-pound of scale weight this morning, thinking then this is just day to day water fluctuations and also dependent upon how intense me workout from the prior day was (eg. trained shoulders yesterday and did some heavy OHP in addition to a ton of volume work and HIIT cardio so dropping the half pound seems logical).

Appetite is spiked - definitely noticeable even with the Yohimbine. I may tweak my macros a bit and see if I can stay lean but perhaps add a couple pounds of tissue and a few pounds on the bar now that the lethargy issue is in-hand.

Interesting ride so far, definitely a successful one as per the initial objective of 'Improve Sleep Quality'.

Frenchie

Reaction score
I am considering trying this since I also have big sleep issues and I have read so many things on this compound ... Except for the occasional lethargy.
You should install sleepcycle (buy the pro version, it's like 3 bucks) to follow your sleep. It works really well ! Have been using to see how my body reacts to stopping the espresso before working out (sleep quality increased around 15%). I would use it to follow the effect of the MK.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Another good night. Slept in three 'iterations' so to speak. Have observed that I get 90 mins - 2 hrs when I first lay down, then generally blocks of 90 mins (couple exceptions in there where I went longer). As I understand it, 90 mins is the average duration of one 'REM cycle' so this behavior seems positive - means I'm getting more REM sleep. Feel wide awake and refreshed this morning, going to train back in an hour.

Full check-in with my coach this morning as well - pics and stats. Without having changed me diet, I'm down 2 Lbs since last week (?!) and lost .7 inches from me waist. Again, I was lean to start with and my training / cardio hasn't changed so the only variable is the MK677. Gym strength and muscle fullness are all still good, some increased vascularity in me abs.

Appetite has definitely spiked - going to see this week if we can up my cals and maintain the new waistline.

- Savage

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Another good night of sleep. Woke only twice: first after 90 mins (predictable at this point) and again just 10 mins before me alarm. Definitely finding it easier to relax and fall asleep and getting back to sleep after waking is much easier as well. Only waking twice a night would be a minor miracle for me if it happens consistently.

Up a half-pound on the scale today after adjusting me macros yesterday - bumped carbs on 'low' days by 30 grams and on me 'high' day by 25 grams. Will check me midsection to ensure those addtl cals find the appropriate home and not along me beltline.

Daytime lethargy has all but dropped away. Still using the Yohimbine 2.5 mgs 2x daily but may drop that off as well next week once me body acclimates to the bump in carbs.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bit light on rack time last night as my bloody work schedule is off the rails at present. Sleep I got was good though - managed 6 hours, only woke twice and solid REM cycles (dreamed quite a bit). Feel surprisingly refreshed this morning - thought I might be a touch groggy.

No change on the scale after having bumped my carbs - a good sign of what may be going on with me metabolism. Will keep monitoring the scale and the beltline for any indicators.

sgf

Reaction score
Thanks for the post and for the information. My sleep has sucked for years,so I am interested in reading about something that might really work for me.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Off me sleep schedule a bit last night, Missus and I went for dinner and got home a bit later than I'd expected. Couple interesting observations then:

1) Still managed to sleep 7 hours even with hitting the rack late. Previously, I'd wake at me usual time in the morning (0330 - 0400) regardless of when I hit the rack.

2) Used a cheat meal on dinner and didn't half-arse it (big arsed NY Strip steak, potato, bourbon, Irish coffee and pie for dessert). Only up 1 Lb on the scale this morning. Normally that kind of meal would bump me at least 2 or so. Anecdotally feeling like me metabolism is up a notch since starting this run.

Feeling ready to hit the gym this morning. Chest & shoulders and then 10 rounds on the banana bag as 'penance' for last night. Plus I can always use more heavy bag work.

Cheers,

- Savage

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Another good night. Same initial 90 min REM cycle, then up to the loo. Back asleep was easy, almost able to set the clock now by the 90 min REM cycles. Got just under 7 hours last night, feel good to go this morning and woke just before my alarm.

Daytime lethargy is all but gone. Still taking the yohimbine, may experiment next week with removing that & see how things go with me energy levels.

Dropped 2.5 Lbs day after me epic cheat meal with the Missus, up a half-pound last night - just water I suspect. Metabolism seems to be liking where we're at right now.

Cheers,

- Savage

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bit abbreviated night in the rack due to another early roll-out for work, but still decent quality sleep. First 90 min REM cycle hits heavy each night, I'm noticing.

Down 1.5 lbs on the scale from yesterday, noticing more vascularity in me abs too. I dont directly attribute this to the MK677 as I do heavy bag work for cardio on the regular and me diet is just at maintenance but its a variable worth considering.

Feel refreshed this morning, off to hit legs!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Have you ever had a sleep study?

Couple years back, Doc said I had mild apnea. Didnt have good insurance then so found a CPAP off Craigslist and it did provide some relief but over time I found it to be a pain in the arse and I left it behind. Now I've got better insurance, even a dental plan :) and so I've had a plastic bit that pushes me jaw forward made which I wear to sleep. My Missus says my snoring is all but gone with this gadget.

New Threads