MK677 - A Run

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What Is It

Nutrobal (Mk-677)

Nutrobal (Mk-677) is an orally administrated growth hormone secretagogue originally developed by Reverse Pharmacology. A secretagogue is the term for a substance that chemically signals for the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormone. In other words, Nutrobal could be compared to peptides like GHRP-6 or Ipamorelin, only it doesn't require any injections nor does it have any side effects like GHRP-6. This GHS (Growth Hormone Secretagogue) was developed in an aim to combat such conditions as muscle wasting, obesity and osteoporosis. It was also targeted towards treatment of elderly hip fracture patients, so there are a myriad of studies done on safety.

nutrobal mk677 chemical structure
Fig 1. Nutrobal (Mk-677) Chemical Structure
nutrobal-mk677-chemical-structure1.jpg

How it Works

Growth hormone pulse intensity can be increased through 4 possible mechanisms:

Increasing GHRH (growth hormone releasing hormone) release.
Amplifying GHRH signaling in somatotrophs of the anterior pituitary gland.
Reducing somatostatin release (somatostatin turns off GH release).
Inhibiting of somatostatin receptor signaling.
Nutrobal (Mk-677) was found to work through all four of these mechanisms. After ingestion, Growth Hormone (GH) was shown to increase dose dependently, at doses starting at 5 milligrams (mgs) a day.

Benefits

In a study on it's effects on catabolic states, a once daily oral dose of 25mgs was given to healthy young men subjected to short-term diet-induced nitrogen wasting. After 7 days of this dose, the subjects showed a sustained increase in serum concentration of IGF-1 and Growth Hormone; in addition, the nitrogen wasting was reversed, showing great potential for treatment of conditions involving muscle wasting.

Trials testing the effects of this GHS on fighting obesity showed an increase in lean body mass, but neither total, nor visceral adipose tissue was effected. This study gave subjects 25mgs of Nutrobal per day for 8 weeks. The subjects showed an increase in basal metabolic rate after 2 weeks, and an increase in serum levels of GH, IGF-1 and IGF-1 binding protein-3. Increase in lean body mass was hypothesized to be caused by an increase in calorie deposition into the muscle and appetite decrease as opposed to reducing fat storage directly.

A study done for the treatment of osteoporosis and bone mineral density showed some increase in bone density, so there is a true impact on bone mineral density. This can help with injury recovery during your cycle.

Other possible benefits of Nutrobal are associated with improved sleep, improved complexion, increase in energy levels, increase nitrogen retention, increase strength and an improved sense of well being. In addition, some studies also suggest that an increased immune system response was caused by Nutrobal (Mk-677), meaning it boosts the immune system to a degree.

How can it help you?

Elevated growth hormone has literally endless list of benefits to the human body, why do you think everyone tries to get their hands on HGH? That's why Nutrobal (Mk-677) is so effective, it increases Growth Hormone and IGF-1 levels.

As the studies show, Nutrobal can be used for a number of reasons from growing muscle mass, to getting shredded. It does not compete with the levels of growth hormone one can get from exogenously administered HGH, so you can use it with hgh cycles. In fact, by using nutrobal, you can easily get amazing increases of your own natural growth hormone pulses without having to deal with annoying and painful daily HGH injections. It's like using HGH without having to inject daily.

In a multitude of studies, Nutrobal (Mk-677) increased IGF-1 levels by between 39-89%. To give you an idea of what IGF-1 does, here are some IGF-1 benefits:

Increased Fat Oxidation (fat loss).
Increased Muscle gains (lean mass).
Tightening up loose skin.
Healing old injuries.
Healing Bones, Tendons and Ligaments.
In fact, many users report growing up to 6 lbs of lean muscle mass in 8 weeks of IGF-1 only cycles. That's an amazing result, but injecting IGF-1 daily is painful, costly and frustrating. Now, there is an oral-only alternative.

Doses

Results have been shown from doses between 5-25mgs a day, dose dependent results should be expected. Higher doses, over 50mgs, have been reported by some, but I don't see the need to overdo it.

Side Effects

Some of the usual side effects that go with elevated GH levels such as numb hands, some lethargy, as well as slight increased appetite have been reported with the use of Mk-677.

Interestingly, during prolonged administration both IGF-1 and GH were increased with no increase in cortisol.

Some anecdotal evidence suggested there was a temporary small increase in prolactin when beginning administration, so individuals who are very prone to prolactin side effect may want to incorporate a short schedule of HCGenerate ES to prevent problems. I want to stress, this is only an issue for guys who are extremely prone to prolactin sides, which is usually 1% of users. How do you know if you're prone to prolactin sides? If you get gynecomastia from taking trenbolone, you're prone to prolactin sides.

Medical

Nutrobal (Mk-677) was found to be very safe and, in fact, showed to reduce tumors in mice, which was hypothesized to be from an increased immune system response.

WHY I'M RUNNING IT

I honestly couldn't give a toss about the alleged GH enhancing properties - I'm in it for the sleep improvement. As many here know, I've experienced PTSD-related insomnia off and on for years. As MK677 has received promising feedback in the area of increased REM, I'm giving it a run.

MY DOSING

I'm running just 12.5 mg nightly before bed, seven days a week.

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

First dose was yesterday afternoon, mid-day as I wanted to experience the full effect while awake to get a sense of the product. I'm running board sponsor IronMag Labs' product. 12.5 Mg brought about some significant lethargy, bit of tingling in the hands - very similar to my experience with GH. Last night then we again hit 12.5 Mgs to test the effect on sleep. I did notice that I dreamed quite a bit more than usual, and that my sleep overall was deeper than what I'm accustomed to getting. I woke up less frequently as well (3-4 times which for me is less frequent than the usual 7-8 times). This morning, bit of grogginess but that fell away after a cup of coffee.

For those interested in the possible effects on fat loss / lean tissue gain, I'll make those observations as well - they're just not my primary objectives in running the product. I want quality sleep.

I'll post here periodically as things progress.

Cheers,

- Savage

Last edited:

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This compound causes severe bloating of the stomach and harsh heatburn based on a few lab rats of mine......

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
all sarms have some interesting things about them. Wish there was a way to test purity of them.

GL on the run man

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
If it's so wonderful why isn't it on the market yet?

Probably because its long half life causes major problems with regards to acute efficacy, desensitization, etc over the long run (aka it stops working after a while). And since GH-boosting peps, including ghrelin memetics like MK, are only worthwhile if effective over the long run...

Oh and some in-vitro stuff about chronic ghrelin causing issues in the brain. Not that I take in-vitro shit seriously but for the sake of discussion:
A ghrelin-growth hormone axis drives stress-induced vulnerability to enhanced fear

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Probably because its long half life causes major problems with regards to acute efficacy, desensitization, etc over the long run (aka it stops working after a while). And since GH-boosting peps, including ghrelin memetics like MK, are only worthwhile if effective over the long run...

Oh and some in-vitro stuff about chronic ghrelin causing issues in the brain. Not that I take in-vitro shit seriously but for the sake of discussion:
A ghrelin-growth hormone axis drives stress-induced vulnerability to enhanced fear

all sarms are so watered down and fuct with its impossible to find "real" ones. Osta & S4 should be great on paper, but things dont work out that way. I knew of a few spots that.......at one time.....had DECENT stuff, but once their orders started rolling in......Got greedy and IDK wtf happened to their stuff.

Again, GL with what you have now & hopefully Iron's stuff is decent too.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
all sarms are so watered down and fuct with its impossible to find "real" ones. Osta & S4 should be great on paper, but things dont work out that way. I knew of a few spots that.......at one time.....had DECENT stuff, but once their orders started rolling in......Got greedy and IDK wtf happened to their stuff.

Again, GL with what you have now & hopefully Iron's stuff is decent too.

Despite the issue of sourcing, which I agree with you on, I still wouldn't mess with any Ghrelin derivative for reasons related to appetite regulation. Any potential for resistance to develop in relation to that area is a massive no, no for me :)

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Thank you for posting some info, I have been interested in researching Mk-677 as well, but have been too busy...

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Night 2 in the sack. Dosing will stay constant until I state otherwise so I'll not reiterate that with every post.

Bit of trouble falling asleep - lots of stress around the job site of late, but once I did we had move vivid dreams. I'm on a bit of a cut and dreamed of a pizza that was so real I could smell the bloody thing. Again I noticed waking up less frequently (2-3 times) and am feeling a bit more alert this morning.

I'm watching the scale too just to see if there's any effect on that front. Me diet and training are locked-in so the only variable (aside from work stress) is the MK677.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
7 hours in the rack last night, pretty much a repeat of the night prior: deep(er) sleep and fewer instances of waking up - maybe just 2-3 times to p1ss and then right back to sleep.

I dumped the 10mg of melatonin I'd been taking just to see if it would have an effect and happy to report the only outcome I can feel is that I'm less groggy & more clear headed this morning even before my coffee. So far this product has worked as advertised in terms of improving sleep quality.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Similar sleep pattern last night - woke up perhaps only twice, good quality sleep in between. No melatonin, no OTC sleep meds.

I did pull my MK677 dose back a bit in the evening - got it in 90 mins before I hit the rack just to see if I could feel the onset (I did) else all same protocols as prior nights.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the update dude. I am following this as I too have had sleep issues for my whole life.

I wonder if there is a "magic window" of time that you should be laying down ready to sleep like there seems to be with melatonin...?

So far, would you say it works the same as melatonin? Or is it too early to say yet...?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update dude. I am following this as I too have had sleep issues for my whole life.

I wonder if there is a "magic window" of time that you should be laying down ready to sleep like there seems to be with melatonin...?

So far, would you say it works the same as melatonin? Or is it too early to say yet...?

Its a bit soon, but I'll give ye what I've encountered thus far.

Tis' a different feel than melatonin for me. With melatonin, I tend to get a bit...loopy?...and then sleep but wake frequently and then wake-up sometimes a bit groggy (admittedly I was taking like 10 Mgs). With the MK677, the onset is more of a relaxed feeling - makes you want to go lie down as opposed to feeling like 'i need to lie down cuz i'm getting punchy' feel. Little morning grogginess thus far either.

One thing I have noticed - bit of lethargy during the day. This was expected and came up often when I researched MK677. I'm anticipating this will subside in the next week. I may add some Yohimbine in the morning with my coffee in the short run to mitigate.

Reaction score
I appreciate the log Noble. I've been interested in MK677 for awhile now. I know one source that has it and I've been real tempted to try a bottle. I suffer from sleep loss due to waking up often during the night as well. Most of the time I'll just get real loaded to help me sleep but I don't always have a steady supply anymore when I have to buy it lol. I'm interested to see if any of the bloating sides arise for you soon. Or the numbness in the hands.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the log Noble. I've been interested in MK677 for awhile now. I know one source that has it and I've been real tempted to try a bottle. I suffer from sleep loss due to waking up often during the night as well. Most of the time I'll just get real loaded to help me sleep but I don't always have a steady supply anymore when I have to buy it lol. I'm interested to see if any of the bloating sides arise for you soon. Or the numbness in the hands.

Cheers, Mate. I did get a bit of numbness the first day when I took two 12.5 mg doses but none since just the evening 12.5 mg dose.

No bloating yet either but I work outside maybe half the time and I sweat like a whore in church so I rarely bloat up. Will definitely keep an eye out for it though.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Morning update. Best night of sleep since starting this run. 7.5 hours, woke up just twice and solid, deep REM sleep (more crazy food-centric dreams...think it was Mexican last night). Woke up feeling coherent - no brain fog.

Only thing I'm doing now is taking the nightly 12.5mg MK677 dose about 90 mins before I hit the rack. This seems to be the sweet spot in terms of timing, as I'm falling asleep soon after getting to bed.

One observation: I'm down a half-pound on the scale this morning, this after a 'high day' (carb cycling) yesterday. Dont know that its related, and a half-pound for me is f#ck all, but found it interesting as typically me body holds a couple pounds after a high day.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Another night on the tonic. Similar to the previous - took me dose maybe 90 mins before hitting the rack and fell asleep quickly. Only woke twice (just that is a big improvement over what I'd been accustomed to) and sleep quality was solid. Woke after maybe 6.5 hours in the rack and forced myself to stick in bed for another 45 mins (off day from the job) just to see if I might fall back asleep (I didnt, but was wide awake and no grogginess so still a 'win').

Down another half-pound on the scale this morning...may be some truth to the scale weight topic. I'm already pretty lean - maybe 10-12% - and not necessarily looking to downsize but if I'm buring addtl fat well, who wouldn't want that. I'll keep an eye on things there. I do a full weigh-in / measurements for me coach on Thurs morn of next week so I'll get a sense of where this weight is coming off.

The daytime lethargy hit me a bit hard yesterday afternoon. Was on the job site and maybe two hours before the end of my shift I felt like I just hit a wall. All I wanted was to lie down and close me eyes. Felt like I was wearing a weighted vest just moving around in the workyard. I've ordered some Yohimbine which should arrive today, and will start taking this in the morning with me multi to see if I can skip the 'zombie mode' in the afternoon.

Cheers,

- Savage

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Sounds like you just need to incorporate mid day nap-time, eh? :32 (1):

Glad you are getting some better sleep tho bro... Do you fair well with Yohimbine? I cant take the stuff, I become shaky jake with the DTs.... Makes me what to crawl outta my skin...

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you just need to incorporate mid day nap-time, eh? :32 (1):

Glad you are getting some better sleep tho bro... Do you fair well with Yohimbine? I cant take the stuff, I become shaky jake with the DTs.... Makes me what to crawl outta my skin...

I tolerate it well - its kinda me go-to stim when I need it. Hit legs this morning, bit of the C4 pre-workout and we f#cked shite up at the gym right proper.

I'm still expecting the lethargy to subside in another week or sooner. If it doesn't, I'll need to reconsider - dont want to have to rely on stims to make it through the day.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Another good night. Quality sleep for maybe 2 hour intervals, then up to p1ss. Yesterday was legs so me body was fatigued. Spent 8 hours in the rack, I'd say at least a good 7 hours of prime sleep and recovery. Woke this morning without an alarm (a REALLY good sign for me) and feeling ready to train again.

I think I've got the dose timing dialed-in: 90 mins before sleep seems to hit me right as I'm hitting the rack. I fall asleep quickly and get 2 hours of good REM in that first 'stretch'.

Yohimbine arrived today, will start small: 2.5 Mg on an empty stomach on waking and another 2.5 Mg after my PWO shake & before my first meal (is best to take on an empty stomach - or as close to empty as possible IME). We'll see how me energy levels faire then a bit later today.

On the scale...fawkin' ell I'm down another pound. I was pretty lean to start with and I didnt add the MK677 with a goal of fat loss, but if I get some as a bonus with no changes to training or diet then I'll take it.

I'm starting to sound like a bloody commercial. I should point out I bought this shite - this isn't one of those "here try our shite for free and write us some flowery reviews". All this is from the heart. So far though, I think the product works well for me needs with the daytime lethargy being the one noticeable side that I need to manage.

New Threads