After madcow 5x5 intermediate

Reaction score
Madcow 5x5 advanced, westside barbell, cube method, Texas method, or something else

Completed stronglifts 5x5. Looking to keep gaining strength and size. Would prefer to stay with 3 day per week workout

Reaction score
Are you stalled out? Keep making gains? If you still are why change it up? Stats?

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
What are you goals, stats, and current lifts like?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
5x5 sucks. There I said it.

Tons of options. They all work so long as you do.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
You actually think that? Id be curious as to why.

I don't know nuthing, especially compared to POB, but I did the strong lift 5x5 when I started back in the lifting thing 4yrs ago, I actually saw pretty good and steady gains for months. Eventually I stalled out, got tired of repeating and changed up everything. Been averaging a few different methods each year ever since just to not get bored. Currently following cube method, I am personally loving the diversity of different exercises and intensity levels of this program, I feel beat up after each session and the cardio aspect of it is amazing too (just from the intensity aspect).

I'll run this a few months and probably switch to a wsbb format and after that, I dunno, no goals or aspirations, just like lifting and don't feel right all day if I don't lift.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You actually think that? Id be curious as to why.
mad cow 5x5?

It sucks

Its boring

It causes imbalances

It teaches the lifter nothing

It really can't be run forever

Its boring

Many other reasons.

Did I mention boring?

Reaction score
It sucks

Its boring

It causes imbalances

It teaches the lifter nothing

It really can't be run forever

Its boring

Many other reasons.

Did I mention boring?

You did mention boring yes, I do agree with you. I think its a good way to start with the main lifts, but I do not believe it somthing that should be ran a long time. Its just good to hear its not someones absolute staple. It seems like thats all you hear about. How that program gave them the best results out of everything they have ever done and always go back to it when the hit a wall.

New Threads