Frenchie's log

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well I tried hook and it was hurting everywhere ! Thumb, wrist, hand, ...
I moved from straps to over/underhand grip which is already a big change for me, I will start with that for now. I already feel like my grip is strengthening :)
Thanks for the belt advice, I'll look into it. My trainer at the gym when I started lifting told me that I shouldn't be using one, not using one would help strengthen my lower back ...
I should use it for deadlifts only ? Or squats too ?

That trainer is a moron. The belt isn't a replacement for your muscles. It's not magical. Get the belt and I will teach you how to properly use it.

Frenchie

Reaction score
Day 2

Competition bench press
1*3 @9 :110​
drop 10% 4*3 @8 to @9 : 100kg​
5 count paused squat
1*3 @9 : 100kg
drop 10% 4*3 @8 to @9 : 90kg​
floor press
1*7 @9 : 100kg
Rep drop 4*5 @8 to @9 : 100kg

I was exhausted and in no mood to train but still managed to get a decent workout. My chest could handle the floor press way better than last time.
I am looking forward to the full hormonal test on monday because it has come to a point where even sleeping 8h, i can't have day without a nap. And not out ouf lazyness ! let's not talk about the libido I don't have ... I am actually happy that the doctor found free test 2.8pg/mL since I have read it could be the reason to all this. I was starting to think that it was just me.

Frenchie

Reaction score
Day 3

• Competition Squat 15*2 @6 to @9 : 100kg
    I should have put a little bit more but I still felt a great pump in my legs and I can see day after day my squat form getting better and more "stable".
  • Sumo Block pull 3*1 @9 to @10: 200kg
    I actually did 4*1 since I did the first set at last week's weight and it was way too easy.
  • Bulgarian split squat 5*7 @7 to @9: 30lbs dumbells

Day 4

Same as last week :
  • Lat pulldowns 5*10 @8
  • Triceps pulldowns with the rope 5*10 @8
  • Leg curls 5*10 @8
  • Straight bar biceps curls 3*10 @8
  • Adductor and abductor machines 3*20 @7

I added barbell rows on the smith machine 3*10 @8 after biceps curls.

Feelings :
I really liked day 3, I had a three hours (yup ...) nap before going to the gym, I made a small caloric bomb with peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, some protein and a can of pepsi and damn I was feeling great at the gym !
I underestimated myself a little for the squat but the overall training was great, loved the 15 short sets, loved the sumo block pull, it was a bit of an agony to do the split squat but well... it was fun. :)

This afternoon will be day one of week 3 already !

Last edited:

Frenchie

Reaction score

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Chalk is good man. U wanna use chalk. Don't cancel the order.

Frenchie

Reaction score
Hello !

I didn't log in last week so I don't remember all the weights but I am still going to write what I did.

Week 3

Day 1
  • Competition Deadlift 1*3 @9 - 160 kg
  • 10% drop 3*3 @8 to @9 - 140 kg
  • Double-paused bench press 5*5 @8 to @9 - 90 kg
  • Deadlift to the knee 1*5 @9 - 140 kg
  • 10% drop 4*5 @8 to @9 - 120 kg

Day 2
  • Competition Bench Press 15*2 @6 to @9 : 100 kg (My chest was still sore from two days before)
  • 5-count Paused Squat 1*3 @9 : 100 kg
  • Drop 10 % 3*3 @8 to @9: 90 kg
  • Floor Press 1*7 @9 : 100kg
  • Rep drop : 4*5 @8 to @9 : 100kg

Day 3
  • Competition squat : 5*5 @8 to @9 : 100kg (I am getting stronger fast with the squat, I will add more next time)
  • Sumo Block Pull : 3*1 @9 to @10 : 210kg (The chalk allowed me to put 10 kg more, much stronger grip !)
  • Bulgarian Split Squat : 5*7 @7 to @9 : two 35 lbs dumbbells

Day 4
Same as usual, without the barbell row this time, I forgot.
  • Lat pulldowns 5*10 @8
  • Triceps pulldowns with the bar 5*10 @8
  • Leg curls 5*10 @8
  • Straight bar biceps curls 3*10 @8
  • Adductor and abductor machines 3*20 @7

Feelings

With regard to grip improvement :
Chalk was definitely a great idea. I feel a big difference and the bar is not slipping anymore ! Or at least way less than before !

With regard to my health :
I went to the endocrinologist today with new bloodwork showing again free test lower than 2 pg/mL (range 9 to 23) and Prolactine at 20.
He did not care about the testosterone saying people live very well with total test at 400, even at my age. He was more worried about the prolactine apparently. Anyhow, He gave me more bloodwork to do, using a different method to measure free test and I have to do it fasting tomorrow morning.
I hope he can do something because I feel lethargic all the time, I only manage to go to the gym after a nap. It's been two months in the US I have been invited to many parties but I always leave at 11pm because I just can't stay awake (even though I don't drink)... I sincerely hope he will find something not right with me.

With regard to the program itself :
I really like it. No much more to say, I like how it's based on compound movements and short sets !
I tried pre-workout again (on the week-ends, i can't sleep if I take it in the evening during the week), I had forgotten the feeling, it allows me to train really well during the week-end. Bought some pre-jym.

Last edited:

Frenchie

Reaction score
Week 4

Day 1 :

Competition Deadlift - 15*2 @6 to @9 : 140kg (next time I will go for 150kg, I didn't quite reach @9)
Pin press- 5*5 @8 to @9 : 100kg
Deficit Deadlift 1*5 @9 : 160kg
Drop 10% 4*5 @8 to @9 : 140 kg

Two new exercises here and I am not quite sure if I was doing it right.
First, the pin press, I don't quite understand the difference between a paused press and a pin press. I have done it like that :
IMG_0657.jpg
The hooks are at chest level, I went down, put the bar on them and benched. I watched two videos but I don't really understand what pin press does and how to do it. If someone can explain.
IMG_0658.jpg
For the deficit, POB wrote " 1" max", I guess that means one inch, I did it like that but did not feel a big difference compared to usual deadlift.

Besides, I am ordering the belt today !
Thanks for your help. :)

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pin presses break up the concentric eccentric part of the lift.

Frenchie

Reaction score
So like a paused bench press but instead of stopping in the air I stop on the hooks ?
I wasn't sure I was doing right.

Reaction score
The bottom is the stop point when you are doing a pin press. Increases power off of the chest? If I'm not mistaken. It removes all the energy you have stored for the up portion of the lift.

Focus on driving yourself into the bench, away from the bar.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Frenchie can u convert that shit to pounds pleaseeeeeee. Lol fukkkk

And a pin press just makes u press from a complete dead rest, no muscle activation at all during the pause.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So like a paused bench press but instead of stopping in the air I stop on the hooks ?
I wasn't sure I was doing right.

Yup

The bottom is the stop point when you are doing a pin press. Increases power off of the chest? If I'm not mistaken. It removes all the energy you have stored for the up portion of the lift.

Right on trick especially the last sentence

Frenchie

Reaction score
Frenchie can u convert that shit to pounds pleaseeeeeee. Lol fukkkk
Nope ! :D
Metric system world domination once and for all !
940px-Metric_system_adoption_map.svg.png

You mean arching my back more ? (while keeping ass and shoulders on the bench ^^)

Thanks everyone.

Frenchie

Reaction score
Day 2 :

• Competition Bench press - 5*5 @8 to @9 : 100kg
  • Box squat - 1*3 @9 : 120kg
  • 10% Drop - 4*3 : 100kg
  • Standing overhead press @9 : 50kg
  • Rep drop - 4*5 @8 to @9 : 50kg

Day 3 :

That was a really bad training, hips hurting like crazy, no good feelings, way less weight than usual ... it happens ...
  • Competition Squat - 1*3 @9 : 110kg
  • Drop 10% - 4*3 @8 to @9 : 100kg
  • Stif Leg Deadlift - 3*1 @9 to @10 : 180kg (not sure)
  • Hack Squat - 5*7 @7 to @9 : 100kg (I have no machine, I did it with the bar behind my legs, I don't know if that's correct ... saw it on youtube)

Day 4 :
As usual

Week 5

Day 1 :

• Competition Deadlift - 5*5 @8 to @9 : 140kg (Lost my chalk bag, definitely felt the difference ...)
  • Pin press- 5*5 @8 to @9 : 100kg (Failed the last set at the 4th rep)
  • Deficit Deadlift 1*5 @9 : 160kg
  • Drop 10% 4*5 @8 to @9 : 140 kg

Ecksrated, that's just for you : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autoconvert-auto-currency/pbghjbbdfkjffaalmcfgelakmeckapnd :32 (20):

Last edited:

Frenchie

Reaction score
Product Name: Forever Lever Belt™ 10MM
Attributes: ORANGE,
LARGE(34-38),
Product Price: $89.95

Just ordered ! :32 (1):

Frenchie

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for not logging in in a while !
So I have trained for 12 weeks following POB's program and I am very satisfied with the results.

There are things that I could have done better :
- My nutrition was not perfect.
- My deload phase was not perfectly followed, i had a lot of work at the end of the year.
- My endocrinologist suspects an adenoma on the pituitary that makes my prolactin go through the roof, I am supposed to do another MRI in the next days to know if it's the case. I hope my lack of energy lately comes from that. Both of my parents had this, my mother took medication to get rid of it and my father got operated, both around my age, so my high prolactin could be caused by this ... I'll know after the MRI.

I tested myself on the last day, I forgot to take pre-workout, which I usually do when i lift heavy and it messed up my motivation, maybe I could do a bit better on a better day but here is what I lifted :
Bench press : 300 Lbs
Deadlift : 425 Lbs
Squat : 275 Lbs
... i know my squat is dramatically low buuuut it was worse before ! ^^
The funny thing is that I can do 5 clean reps at 245 Lbs but only one at 275 ...

I definitely learnt to squat during this program ! Now my ass has vertical purple stripes ... yay ... hope it goes away soon !

I wanted to hire POB to keep working but I just moved to jersey City (next to NYC) and financially, I have to cut on some "non-essential" stuff.

I think I will go back to a regular bodybuilding program for another two or three months (i just love the pump) and do again a PL program after that.

I learnt a lot during this program and I made progress in term of strength ! Happy :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well done, Frenchie. You're very stong and you improved a lot. Congratulations

New Threads