cant Gain weight :/

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
eat, eat and eat more

You can take weightgainer shakes twice a day with 2% or even whole milk, put peanut butter and nutella in it... You will gain weight

Reaction score
Hello everybody and thank you very much for all yiur answer. I really appreciate. :)

When it comes to the shake should I go with a for exemple a 700 cal shake and take it for exemple twice a day or take 1200cal shake ? The brand is optimum nutition serious mass... Are there oroodycrs fine?

Reaction score
One guy said it to me here many many yrs ago.

Cheap n pretty healthy.

Lean ground beef
Jasmine rice
Milk

Get use to always having some cooked and ready to eat in the fridge. Of course have other things, but these are cheap and can always be kept around.

When you have flow for more expensive meats, buy em. But u can always afford some 96/4 beef n rice. Milk. Chocolate is popular around here for the extra cals.
Keep lean leaner by tappin ass.

This is my life. Cup of Jasmine 8oz a beef. All day. Cheap, super easy to prep, can eat it cold or warm. Always a good go to.

I have 7 of these in my little work fridge right now.

CardinalJacked

Squat King
Reaction score
Drink fluids with calories. Especially milk.

Drink the **** outta milk.

Reaction score
I'm new to the board but not to the bodybuilding game. Not trying to put the above posts down at all. I like to do things in a way that a person can look at and see what needs to change. Journal your diet and training. A game plan. Just pounding food down would most likely add a lot of unwanted body fat. Yeah a little isn't going to hurt but a lot will...down the road when you want to lean out.

Not sure on what you do for a living, hard labor job or desk job but there has to be a starting point. A baseline. Take your bodyweight right now and multiply that by 12 if you have a sit down job 1872 calories ... 16 if you have a hard labor job 2496 calories and now add 500 to either one. 2372 or 2996. I'd round them up to make it easier to do calculations. 2400 or 3000.

Take bodyweight multiply by 1.25 to start with and that is your protein intake. 156x1.50=234 round down to 230 to make it easier. 230/6 meals equals 38-40g protein per meal. don't have to be exact just get close. So you have 920 calories in protein. That's roughly 30-40% of your daily caloric intake.

Next is carbs. For someone wanting to add weight, hopefully muscle, I like a good starting point for carbs at 50% so 300g of carbs if your base is 2400, and 375g of carbs if your base is 3000. divided by 6 meals and you get 50g per meal or 62.5 (60g) per meal.

Fat? if you are eating beef and whole eggs and chicken you will get enough fat. If you have a protein shake add a tblsp of EVCO, or mac nut oil or avocado oil.

Ok so there is your macros to start from. If you do this religiously for 2weeks and you you see no change in weight or strength then you up your protein to 45g per meal and up your carbs a little bit. When upping carbs I like to up the carbs starting with the post workout meal first. So then after a week or two of this if you added weight and your pictures you have been taking weekly show no signs of added fat then stay right there with your macros until you don't see a change. When that stops, you can up the protein a little more and up the carbs a little more.

On days off of training I would come down to 1g per lbs of bodyweight and eat a lot less carbs as well. Unless you have a hard labor job then keep protein where its at and maybe eat a little less carbs.

Hope this helps. I know a lot of guys just want to pound the food but that can cause a lot of excess bodyfat. Have a game plan and you can actually see what needs to change. When it's time to cut up you just start reversing the process and add a few cardio sessions and so on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Keep at it my dude! There is no shortcuts, i suggest upping the carb count per day to see some weight increase

New Threads