Doing abs wont get you anywhere?

Reaction score
Is that true?If you want a ripped abdomen you only need to watch out on your diet?

CardinalJacked

Squat King
Reaction score
abs are just like any other muscle. If you wanna build it up and show, then you gotta work them

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Ab workouts increase the fullness of the muscle belly, sure. Doesn't do you any good if you've got too much fat to show it.

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
They are just harder to show since most ppl store most their fat in that area. That's why ppl say abs are made in the kitchen.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
U can have great abs and never do a crunch.. It's all diet until u can see them.. Once u can see them that's when I like to start training them

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you want little skinny boy abs, don't work your abs and diet down. If you want a set of meaty man abs, work them and diet down.

I actually like smaller abs then big blocky ones

Reaction score
alot of stuff you already do in the gym work your abs without you even knowing it, eating right is what tones you and brings out the abs, if you want to make them bigger and show better thats when you hit abs hard just like any other muscle.

Reaction score
If you have fat on your abs then it is true. Your belly will appear bigger. First you will need to get rid of the fat, after that you can build the muscle and show off your awesome abs. Good luck ;)

Live2Train

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I never do abs. I do a lot of high intensity training along with a lot of standing compound lifts while keeping the core tight the entire time. You don't have to do crunches to have abs I can guarantee that. Then again, I might be lucky, because I stay cut and around 10-12% BF all the time without keeping a strict diet or doing any cardio.

Reaction score
Man, getting abs by doing ab exercises is one of the worst myths out there. Doing crunches or ab machines will not get you abs for sure. We all already have them - and if you don't have the fat to cover them you'll see them just fine. Doing ab exercises will not remove this fat. Proper diet will. You can always work your core through squats, lunges, deadlifts, push ups, planks... strong core is a foundation of a strong body! You don't need a single crunch fot that, hah