Finally pulled the trigger...

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awhile back I said I was going to start mma training and never did....well my first lesson was today. I actually learned a lot more than I thought for one lesson. The guy training me is the real deal, certified Jiu Jitsu blackbelt trainer. He has trained with and met the Gracies. He teaches self defense classes, instructs/teaches law enforcement, etc. I have no intention of being an mma fighter at 47 years old but definitely need to learn some skills and get in better shape. I'm doing one on one lessons, so hopefully I'll learn a little quicker.

Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of fun man. Good for you for getting out and learning something new. Its always nerve racking at first but it ends up being a lot of fun. For anything that is.

I've always wanted myself to try something like this too, couple places in my city that do lessons just never got up the nerve to actually try I guess.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Awhile back I said I was going to start mma training and never did....well my first lesson was today. I actually learned a lot more than I thought for one lesson. The guy training me is the real deal, certified Jiu Jitsu blackbelt trainer. He has trained with and met the Gracies. He teaches self defense classes, instructs/teaches law enforcement, etc. I have no intention of being an mma fighter at 47 years old but definitely need to learn some skills and get in better shape. I'm doing one on one lessons, so hopefully I'll learn a little quicker.

Bravo. I can respect a guy who always tries to better himself or try something new to mix things up. Good luck.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol... thought you meant literally... shot your wife for not putting out

Thats a whole other topic if memory serves.

Good on you CCPro BTW privates are the best way to go if you got the coin. Just dont forget to get into the regular classes when you get your legs under you and roll with the commoners they will keep you sharp.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
x2 what BGH said - you'll increase your learning exponentially if you can get in some privates.

What kind of stand-up is he teaching? Separate coaches for striking and jitz?

Good on ya' for getting out of yer comfort zone!

Runningwild

Elite
Reaction score
Congrats man, definitely going out of your comfort zone helps us to progress. I took some Jiu jitsu classes in the past, it was a lot of fun and I was in a whole new level of being in shape

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
Good deal. I have been thinking of pulling the same trigger.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Always good to challenge yourself. Have fun and enjoy.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good deal buddy! Now go choke a mofo out.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
This is great cc! One-on-one must be the fast track to doing this right.

I thought about taking some basic self-defense classes. It would be nice for me to bridge the distance between bitch running and having to put a round in some dudes chest.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is great cc! One-on-one must be the fast track to doing this right.

I thought about taking some basic self-defense classes. It would be nice for me to bridge the distance between bitch running and having to put a round in some dudes chest.

That was one of the best UG Segway's I've seen since the last time Jol got drunk

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's awesome bro . One of the best things I ever did!!! I didn't start till I was 37.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
nice bro. Always wanted to.. Maybe one day I'll pull teh trigger too.. Keep us updated!!

Georgia

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Something I have always wanted to get into as well, but I can't even pin. Proof its never to late to keep learning, changing, and bettering yourself.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score

Welcome to your new addiction!!! Haha awesome though dude, you will fall in love and it will be great for your training...

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had to hook you guys with something!!!

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First day was basic stretching, base, and breaking wrist hold and front choke hold. My understanding is we'll be doing everything, he's more of a self defense guy but he trains and still fights mma. My second lesson is today. It is a little pricey $100 per hour, but first day was well worth it. I'm sure I'll incorporate group training here and there for a little less coin.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm a dumbass...my replies were supposed to be attached with quotes from first page.

Reactions: DF