Need to run a mile and a half in 4 days. How to train for this

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
alright so i got back a while ago. I did half a mile in like 4 or 5 minutes without too much cardio trouble, but my shins in the other hand were absolutely killing me. I had to lower the speed and then stop for a few seconds. When i was able to continue i noticed my shins are holding me back, not my cardio. I could push through cardio, its not back but i can't even walk when these ****ers hurt. Im looking online and i see there are shin sleeves/wraps that help, theres also different shoes and it could be my mechanics of running. GK pm'd me some good advice on some shoes imma look into. Ill look into others as well and see if i can buy them tomorrow before i train to see if i notice a difference. Before i saw everyones advice on stimulants i had already taken some pre-workout (half scoop of outfit), 100mg extra of caffeine and 25 mg of ephedrine. Not sure if it helped, but i didn't feel bad at all. I don't have much time to try different things so ill just stick to a little caffeine and ephedrine. BTW i did the mile in 14 minutes. Have to do 1.5 miles in 13 minutes so got a long way to go but if i can fix the shin splints i think i got a shot. After i did that i did some elliptical where i didn't have to move my heel much. I did that at a heart rate between 150-160 for 8 minutes and i was fine. Thats another sign my cardio is at least decent (for my standards, of course). Ill be going as hard as i can tomorrow and saturday and sunday ill do soft jogging in the morning and rest up the run is on monday at 7 am.

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
It's only a mile and a half lol.. you guys make it sound like a marathon

i know its only a mile and a half bro. But i haven't ran a mile since middle school. Never done cardio consistently. Big fuk up from my part i know. For some its a walk in the park, but hopefully one day ill be able to do it fairly easily.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i know its only a mile and a half bro. But i haven't ran a mile since middle school. Never done cardio consistently. Big fuk up from my part i know. For some its a walk in the park, but hopefully one day ill be able to do it fairly easily.

make sure u got good running shoes..Its will help with the shin splints your getting..Your not the only guy whos fukking up on that..Alot of guys dont understand the meaning of being in shape..Its more then just looking good or being strong

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In the future build your cardio with biking..Its easier on the body and more fun then running..Finding something thats fun for u is the key to doing cardio consistently

Last edited:

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
It's only a mile and a half lol.. you guys make it sound like a marathon

I honestly don't think I could go out tomorrow and do a mile and a half in 13 minutes. I smoke. I'm 232 pounds. I never run. Just probably wouldn't happen. Lol

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
alright so i got back a while ago. I did half a mile in like 4 or 5 minutes without too much cardio trouble, but my shins in the other hand were absolutely killing me. I had to lower the speed and then stop for a few seconds. When i was able to continue i noticed my shins are holding me back, not my cardio. I could push through cardio, its not back but i can't even walk when these ****ers hurt. Im looking online and i see there are shin sleeves/wraps that help, theres also different shoes and it could be my mechanics of running. GK pm'd me some good advice on some shoes imma look into. Ill look into others as well and see if i can buy them tomorrow before i train to see if i notice a difference. Before i saw everyones advice on stimulants i had already taken some pre-workout (half scoop of outfit), 100mg extra of caffeine and 25 mg of ephedrine. Not sure if it helped, but i didn't feel bad at all. I don't have much time to try different things so ill just stick to a little caffeine and ephedrine. BTW i did the mile in 14 minutes. Have to do 1.5 miles in 13 minutes so got a long way to go but if i can fix the shin splints i think i got a shot. After i did that i did some elliptical where i didn't have to move my heel much. I did that at a heart rate between 150-160 for 8 minutes and i was fine. Thats another sign my cardio is at least decent (for my standards, of course). Ill be going as hard as i can tomorrow and saturday and sunday ill do soft jogging in the morning and rest up the run is on monday at 7 am.

Dude don't go as HARD as u can the next couple days. I'm telling u. Your legs and body will be beat up from it if you're not used to it. Just go do some light jogging the next day or two. U already did too much tonight in my opinion.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're way overthinking this dude. Going balls out days before and taking all these ****ing supplements is a recipe for disaster and you already can't run for shit. Very brief cardio, no stimulants, rest.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think I could go out tomorrow and do a mile and a half in 13 minutes. I smoke. I'm 232 pounds. I never run. Just probably wouldn't happen. Lol

you should work on it..You have kids and it can keep u healthy and alive longer

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
you should work on it..You have kids and it can keep u healthy and alive longer

I know man. I wanna get a bike and ride the trails around my house. They're so fun. I have to stop fukking smoking. Sick of it.

Reaction score
I've seen some fat Nasty wobbly ****ers do the mile and a half in under 13. They just suck it up and suffer after. 13 mins is all in your head.

Last edited:

Sapper

Reaction score
Tren is the problem. After 3-4 weeks on, my shins are crippled. Drink lots of water bro...unless this is too late.

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Tren or no tren it's a damn 1.5 mile run. If you can't do that on tren or anything then you really are one lazy couch potato and you need to get off your ass and just do it.
It's 13 minutes of your life and your done.
Good luck

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
Tren or no tren it's a damn 1.5 mile run. If you can't do that on tren or anything then you really are one lazy couch potato and you need to get off your ass and just do it.
It's 13 minutes of your life and your done.
Good luck
lazy couch patato? you better be an all pro marathon athlete to be talking that much shit. because one doesnt do cardio doesnt mean they are couch patato or lazy.
If you'd see me work out i guarantee u'd say otherwise. And if you had even been reading before making insignificant comments you'd know cardio isnt the main factor here.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
If you'd see me work out i guarantee u'd say otherwise. And if you had even been reading before making insignificant comments you'd know cardio isnt the main factor here.

You got that right; you can do all the stationary biking/ elliptical/ treadmill shit you want and it's not like pounding pavement. I'm sure given the time, you could crush this; you just don't have time on your side.

90% of the people that say Tren is a cardio killer really have no idea because they can not even remotely begin to quantify it. "I Feel more tired" doesn't cut it.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You got that right; you can do all the stationary biking/ elliptical/ treadmill shit you want and it's not like pounding pavement. I'm sure given the time, you could crush this; you just don't have time on your side.

90% of the people that say Tren is a cardio killer really have no idea because they can not even remotely begin to quantify it. "I Feel more tired" doesn't cut it.
Im a huge advocate of real biking specially up hill...Ive been doing this for years..It keeps me cardio healthy without the pounding

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
Dude don't go as HARD as u can the next couple days. I'm telling u. Your legs and body will be beat up from it if you're not used to it. Just go do some light jogging the next day or two. U already did too much tonight in my opinion.
i get what your saying man. honestly it wasnt too difficult what i did yesterday, just a little uncomfortable since im not used to it but today im doing to get some better shoes for running at a running store. Hopefully that helps.

You're way overthinking this dude. Going balls out days before and taking all these ****ing supplements is a recipe for disaster and you already can't run for shit. Very brief cardio, no stimulants, rest.
luckily i didnt feel bad on them. I wont take pre workout anymore but i might at least take a small dose of caffeine.
I may have missed it, but what exactly is this for?
im applying for a federal corrections position.
Tren is the problem. After 3-4 weeks on, my shins are crippled. Drink lots of water bro...unless this is too late.
Yea man, ran tren for 3 or 4 months. One week unfortunately it not enough time to remove the it from your system. Plus it was enanthate so even longer

not only that, i do a lot of super sets, drop sets, giant sets and i train hard as **** every single day whether im full of energy or tired as fuk. I'm going to try to keep doing cardio and incorporating it into my workouts. Feels good to be able to run long distances.
And yea your right if someone hasnt experienced with it, they have no idea.

Im a huge advocate of real biking specially up hill...Ive been doing this for years..It keeps me cardio healthy without the pounding

yea i gotta find a good way to keep doing it moving forward

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will say from experience it does nuke your cardiovascular abilities. Back when I had to take physical tests twice a year my run time went down by 2 minutes. There's no quick fix for you. Stop trying to find a supplement that will help you because you ain't gonna find one. Like you said, maybe a little caffeine will do some good though. Grab your balls and run your ass off.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
None of this is directed at you, this is all in general...

1. I really don't understand why folks don't do anything to help them cardiovascular wise / endurance wise for the obvious general health benefits

2. If you don't ever do anything to help # 1, of course even 2 min is going to seem like 20 but within a few days of being consistent...that will subside (the problem is folks give up because it's hard, and that's a whole other story)

3. You just have to push thru..just like anything else...try it after having a portion of your lung being removed when just talking to long will make you winded...

4. Just ****ing do it and move on...

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Depends on your goals Jenn. Some of us like to Powerlift and cardio is so unspecific in regards to PL training that it produces a negative result in performance. So for "cardio" some people, myself included, just take shorter rest periods which gets the heart pumping good. Obviously that doesn't do shit for running performance but running isn't the only form of cardio. I don't think he's out of shape, it's that if you don't run then it's going to suck ass when you do regardless of your general health and conditioning level.

New Threads