Need to run a mile and a half in 4 days. How to train for this

Sapper

Reaction score
Brookes tennis shoes, give them a try if you haven't found anything you like yet.

glycomann

Reaction score
Im applying for a federal corrections position but this specific location is asking for this specific test which is by far the hardest of the 3 test allowed (the location of where you apply decides what test you take but this one is very uncommon)

Bro it was hard. Im sure for some its not. Ive never ran. My cardio is doing stairs sometimes, small amounts of HIIT (very small amounts, less than 10 minutes), working out in a fast pace, keeping my heart rate up stuff like that but i wasnt ever gonna be ready to do this in 13 minutes with 3 days of preparation. After the first day i ran, my shins were sore the next day and i kept running every day to practice. It got counter productive to a point. Listen, i knew i wasnt gonna do it in 13 minutes. You have to keep a pace of 7.5 mph consistently to do it in time. I woke up at 5am after barely sleeping, nervous as hell, drove almost an hour to go over there but you know what, im glad i did it. Im super proud of myself for trying. I did better than i thought i was going to do. My shins were so swollen that my foot felt like it was completely locked. I had to run super awkward to finish the last half mile. With all the pain and agony i just thought about my son and that i cant quit even if i fail, my best is good enough for me. One day ill do it. Im going to use this to try to run and do more cardio. Get in better shape overall not just all muscle. It was a huge learning experience.
i don't know if you were on AAS at the time but next time drop it at least a month out. It will help your cardio a lot.

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
Brookes tennis shoes, give them a try if you haven't found anything you like yet.
imma look into them for sure
i don't know if you were on AAS at the time but next time drop it at least a month out. It will help your cardio a lot.

yes i was. i found out 4 days prior to the exam. Didnt have much time. I wish i had a month to drop everything. Im sure i would have gotten a better time.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I dont get it..Im much better on gear and pro athletes seem to love it..Shouldnt gear make u better?

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
I dont get it..Im much better on gear and pro athletes seem to love it..Shouldnt gear make u better?

Maybe he was referring more to tren. Most other compounds don't seem to have a big effect, if any at all.

Sapper

Reaction score

Test E/Eq/Masteron I run like a ****ing race horse. Test E/Tren I get shin splints and winded about 1 mile in.

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
Old post but just wanted to give an update. 3 months ago i finished at 17:32. Ive been training a few times a week. I have another test coming up soon. Ive done a mile in 7:30 and yesterday i did the mile and a half at 12:53 so I know i can do it now. Ill work on bringing the time down to get the best score possible.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
7 30 is good time for a mile.. my best as a kid was 6 something..I was a fast little fuk

Reactions: IHI

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
shit 6 something is quick as fuk. Thats my goals. Run like a 6:30. 10 minute mile and a half would be crazy, at least for me

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
ran on the treadmill 1.5 miles in 12 minutes exact.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
7 30 is good time for a mile.. my best as a kid was 6 something..I was a fast little fuk

7th grade middle school was my best ever at 6:32, i remember that because i went into a major asthma fit immediately after lmao, but i beat this little gymnastic chick that was strong as a ****ing ox and always made us boys look stupid for the pull up, sit up, push up portion of the test

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
If this were close to the original post date, I would just say: "Four days to run 1.5 miles eh? Why dont you just walk? Youve got four days to finish...."

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
If this were close to the original post date, I would just say: "Four days to run 1.5 miles eh? Why dont you just walk? Youve got four days to finish...."

giphy.gif

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
Yea man been working my ass off on that. Hopefully on the next physical I kill it. Maybe I can even be the first to finish it from my group. Last time I was dead last

Reaction score
Yea man been working my ass off on that. Hopefully on the next physical I kill it. Maybe I can even be the first to finish it from my group. Last time I was dead last

Thats an awesome goal to have.

Your definitely not going to be in the back of the pack this time.

Any chance you know what the best time was the last time you tried?

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
half the guys failed. from the half that passed only 1 or 2 actually looked like they dominated it. Looking back now im thinking, the best time was mid to high 11's.

New Threads