Undoing a slap repair

Reaction score
Hi, i am still having complications after slap repair and a bicep tenodesis a year and 5 months ago, despite of months and months of pt. I've even developed tendinosis (not tendonitis) of my supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendons. I met with my second surgeon and he says that removing the sutures and anchors from my first surgery could help.

I was able to throw close to 300 ft before surgery. Now I am having difficulty throwing over a 100 ft.

I wanted to hear from any one that has knowledge of this before I go through with it.

As far as supplements go, I am about to try gh and tb-500.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is new to me. Get a second opinion and try and find a doc that has experience with athletes.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Hi, i am still having complications after slap repair and a bicep tenodesis a year and 5 months ago, despite of months and months of pt. I've even developed tendinosis (not tendonitis) of my supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendons. I met with my second surgeon and he says that removing the sutures and anchors from my first surgery could help.

I was able to throw close to 300 ft before surgery. Now I am having difficulty throwing over a 100 ft.

I wanted to hear from any one that has knowledge of this before I go through with it.

As far as supplements go, I am about to try gh and tb-500.

Im in the middle of being officially diagnosed with a labrum tear myself. Still waiting for the mri approval. But from reading these last few weeks, seems there's some folks that had a bad first time repair, got a second opinion and 2nd or 3rd surgery and things were made right and they came back stronger than prior tear. So there's hope after the fact, but seems some have a longer road to follow to get there than others. 2 guys at work, I lifter, 1 power lifter were able to just stop lifting upper body for 1-2yrs and let body heal itself..must not have been horrible tear/s, and cane back stronger. But would assume another mrI is necessary to definatively say yes more rehab or no we need to correct something that didn't take

New Threads