How to stay safe, secure, discreet

dAi

Reaction score
Hey guys,

When buying online, what are the precautions you guys take?

1. When I browse online, I used to use Chrome Incognito but now I switched to Tor Browser.

2. I used to have a gmx email but I switched to Protonmail.

3. I use coinbase to buy bitcoins but do you guys use a debit card to buy or prepaid?

I am trying to switch to a more secure, safe way when buying online.

any advised will be much appreciated.

thank you

dAi

Reaction score
I don't buy from websites

I hear you. I usually get my stuff locally from a friend who competes but he heard that Iran got that good stuff so I was checking online...where do you suggest to be safe than sorry.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Are you shipping to home? If you buy online your address is going somewhere...

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
^^^ditto what Pillar said^^^ plus, is there not a "paper trail" of stored data leading back to how you made your initial purchase...?

dAi

Reaction score
Are you shipping to home? If you buy online your address is going somewhere...

well I could ship it to the abandoned house next to me but yeah ship it to my house with different name or what you suggest

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Shipping to your house with a different name does nothing but raise suspicion. Do everything else right in your opsec and if you are going to ahip to your house, just use your real name. Then when it arrives leave it in the box on the counter for a week. If the cops show up, you didnt open it because you disnt order it and have no idea who its from or what it is. Lawyer will take care of the rest.

Reactions: dAi

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
Shipping to your house with a different name does nothing but raise suspicion. Do everything else right in your opsec and if you are going to ahip to your house, just use your real name. Then when it arrives leave it in the box on the counter for a week. If the cops show up, you didnt open it because you disnt order it and have no idea who its from or what it is. Lawyer will take care of the rest.

Lol dam u sound like u know from experience

Reaction score
Renting a Po Box, then it doesn't need to sign for the parcel. Or asking your source to use a shipping method that do not need to sign for.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

When you take it in the house immediately write "return to sender" on the package then leave it on the counter for a week.

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
But if they're doing a controlled delivery won't they get you to sign for it to accept delivery? Just don't sign for anything... anyone worth anything won't have you signing for packages

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
Renting a Po Box, then it doesn't need to sign for the parcel. Or asking your source to use a shipping method that do not need to sign for.

I had considered a PO Box or renting an address at the UPS Store, etc but I felt like I would be taking a greater risk of transporting the gear in my car. It is much more likely that I will be stopped for a traffic violation and searched in my mind. Maybe if you could walk from your house to where it is delivered but even that has risks. Having the gear on your person is a much tougher argument in my mind than explaining that you didn't order that delivery that showed up at your house.

Reaction score
if you are careful enough you can do the whole hold for a week w/return to sender on the package. If you do this but they can track the order to you then it doesn't matter....

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
But I thought that's why they did the whole controlled delivery thing. They had a burden of proof they had to provide, which is why they had you sign for excepting delivery, then they would pop you. Now if you were to get the package throw it in your car and head to the store and do some shopping, even if the cops did pull you over is just an unopened package in the mail. I highly doubt the cop that pulled you over or going to randomly search your vehicle, and even if they were watching you to see if you got anything in the mail they probably would've just popped you soon as you got it out of the mailbox. So I just figure, if you go get it out of the mailbox and walk to your car without anything happening, you're probably in the clear.

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Especially if you're only getting a handful of bottles. I don't see them going Through the trouble of letting you keep it in your house doing God knows what with it for a week, or getting it in your car and driving down the street and doing God knows what with it while you're in the car when they would just simply pop you at the scene and call it a day

Reaction score
But I thought that's why they did the whole controlled delivery thing. They had a burden of proof they had to provide, which is why they had you sign for excepting delivery, then they would pop you. Now if you were to get the package throw it in your car and head to the store and do some shopping, even if the cops did pull you over is just an unopened package in the mail. I highly doubt the cop that pulled you over or going to randomly search your vehicle, and even if they were watching you to see if you got anything in the mail they probably would've just popped you soon as you got it out of the mailbox. So I just figure, if you go get it out of the mailbox and walk to your car without anything happening, you're probably in the clear.

Yea, but have you ever signed for something and had no idea what it is? I have. Just because you signed for the delivery doesn't mean you accept the contents of the delivery---it is just the postal services way of tracking that the package is no longer in their control. I find it hard to believe that signing for the package is beyond a reasonable doubt you ordered it. Now if they find a lab in your house, different story.

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just thinking of how guys have gotten hit in the past. Maybe it was just a way of making sure the suspect was there, and to get em red handed with possession. Either way I'd think if they were gonna set it up to get ya, they'd get ya as soon as you took possession of the stuff. Doubt they'd wait a week hoping ya held onto whatever it is

New Threads