Post/Pre-work out food

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
I love milk. Drink half a gallon a day. Cant stand cottage cheese. I dont like cheese. Alone at least, if its on somthing I'll eat it.

I see a lot of people doing that to their peaches! Why ruin perfectly good peaches with crap like that?!

Because....Murica :)

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
What I like....

Preworkout

1/4 pound chicken 1/4 pound brisket cup of mac & cheese cup of bbq beans 4 slices of soft wheat bread washed down with around 24oz's of rootbeer.

Postworkout

In & Out Burger double double animal style fries and chocolate shake.

Georgia

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I try to eat an apple/banana or a scoop of PB before I work out (along with a scoop of pre-workout hehe).

Post workout I make a bee line for Panda Express and get the plate (two entrees) with both entrees being grilled chicken and either brown rice or steamed veggies. About 60-70+ grams of protein...I eat it every single day. I love it. Just eat (modified by your goals of course)

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
hello brothers and ladies.
I would like to start a thread on pre and post-workout Foods. I hear a lot of things, and I would like to get a lot of input from other bodybuilders.
Pre-workout is the hardest for me I try to eat a banana but most the time I don't like to eat too much before I go into the gym because I'm told not to, however after workouts I love eating cottage cheese, peanut butter, anything I can find with protein in it. I don't stock up on calories enough before I go into the gym, that's what I slack on. But I'd like to hear experience on other people's personal experience. Thanks

I don't eat pre-workout. I like to train fasted, I also find it sometimes makes it hard to train with a full belly.

Post-workout I usually get in a carb fix, to replenish those glycogen stores and to take advantages of my engine burning all hot at that time.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
What I like....

Preworkout

1/4 pound chicken 1/4 pound brisket cup of mac & cheese cup of bbq beans 4 slices of soft wheat bread washed down with around 24oz's of rootbeer.

Postworkout

Hahahhaha! #fatty!

Reaction score
Man that looks good never thought of the muffin pan idea thanks. I'm gonnna try it

So1970

Reaction score
I work 6 hrs on 6 off so I eat all the time. Fruit before a workout eggs after. Then peanut butter,meat , anything with protein the other 6 meals.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
No reason to train on a full belly. Pre workout meal should be an hour to two hours before u train. Don't eat a full course meal then go squat til u throw up. Lol

So1970

Reaction score
Nature's little, neatly packed amino acid. If your doing large numbers per sitting, remove some of the yolks. So if I'm eating 6-8 eggs for breakfast, I'll only keep 2 yolks because, well, I dunno. Just doesn't seem American to eat only egg whites

Love unborn baby chicken

SkinnyAssShotgun

Reaction score
What I like....

Preworkout

Postworkout

Moved to Washington about a year and a half ago, can you believe they have no In and Outs here!

Reaction score
Preworkout I usually eat two cups of oatmeal with two scoops of protein mixed in....or two scoops of oatmeal and I'll straight up drink two cups of eggs whites. Sometimes I'll do 6 eggs cooked as well.

Post workout I usually eat whatever at the moment but I always make sure I get protein etc in. If it's after legs I'll eat a damn pizza lol.

Reaction score
Oh yeah...I also throw in a honeycrisp apple usually after the meal while I'm in the car driving. Then my preworkout etc. I can't train on an empty stomach.

SkinnyAssShotgun

Reaction score
I find it hard to train on an empty stomach but it's also worse if I eat too much I like a light snack.
Thanks for the advice I got some ideas out of some of the comments but I'd like to try out.
I like oatmeal are small protein shake before I workout.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Them egg muffin things gave me a chub. Im going to go buy a muffin pan after my kids wrestling meet. I gotta try those.

Im with my nizzle dizzle on pre workout. I feel a zillion times better training fasted. I have so much more energy and just feel better all around.

Post workout dosnt have any specific plan outside as little fat as possible. Tons of carbs and protein PWO and im good.

Reaction score
I don't eat sht before I work out. I wake up, drink my preworkout on an empty stomach (so it kicks in super fast), workout, then eat a 1,000+ calorie meal. That's what works the best for me.

BrutesorGods

Reaction score
First thing in the morning: (shake) rice milk, banana, strawberries, unflavored whey, unflavored preworkout
<gym :D>
When I get home: (shake) rice milk, banana, blueberries, chocolate whey, almond butter
<work :(>
1 hr later: 4 eggs, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, bacon or sausage scramble that the wife whips up for me

New Threads