2 Girls... and DNP :)

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
WEEK 1 - to catch you guys up to speed... copied from another board I am on...

Those of you who know me, this is one of the very few compounds I have never ran till now. I have always read and researched about it but never had any interest in trying it, and probably may have said that I don’t think I will ever try it… till now… because of a girl I am working with. She came to me and asked for my advice BUT she was set on having DNP in her plan. So… I think this is a perfect opportunity to do a thread about it as it seems there isn’t enough info for women and the very few that have, never finished it to let us all know how it went… hell not even general info about DNP is easily found or is very outdated.

I will most likely post as I see fit, originally I thought to do one post thread after the run but now, since we are a week in, I figured it will be better so I can get feedback and an idea to others considering it as we go through it… plus everything is fresh and I can compare week one to week two later. And I noticed there has been a lot of buzz around DNP lately.

So here is the juicy stuff. Thanks to MrRippedZilla plus a couple other members on another board who have given me first-hand experience and tips to make this run successful for both of us. Thank you!

We are keeping diet and training the same for comparison purposes and the deadline that we have to meet. We are doing low carb diet in a caloric deficit to take full advantage of this cutting phase and hopefully not over heat too quickly. She is all for it and has worked with me before.

Me
5’6, 135lbs, 15%

The girl
5’8, 175lbs, 24%

We are both fairly defined and lean but she has been in a bulk with another coach and he has set her back a bit so I aim to get her out of it and show those hard earned lines again! Wish us luck!

From all the discussions I had and what I was feeling comfortable with, I went with a lower dose to start until we figure out our tolerance. I used 100mg as my minimum to get a 10-15% increase in metabolism as well as took my weight into an account. For my girl, because of her weight, we went with 150mg to start for the first 3 days. We will be increasing 50-100mg at a time every 5 days after the initial 3 (or so I thought).

Day 1 – we both took it in the evening – I took 100mg and she took 150mg
Within the first 20-30 minutes, we both have started to feel warmer. Nothing crazy, just overall warmth. Also, I don’t know if it’s just me reacting to it but I got gassy within that time as well, the kind when you have steak and its after math! ;) I also got extra thirsty so I ended up drinking a bit more than planned that night.

Day 2 & 3 – 2nd day was smooth sailing just a bit warm. Training was all good and full intensity as well. I was sore the next day though. Otherwise no changes to report yet. Day 3 we went up to 150mg for me and 200mg for her. All 3 nights we slept well and nothing unusual. I should mention that I tried a silly thing, while at work, I had a cracker and some hummus, let’s just say that the heat kicked in within 5 minutes! Also that night, my workout kicked my ass. I was sweating and felt run down. I think my intensity was a bit much.

Day 4-7 – the last 4 days have been interesting, I noticed that I am holding water and it’s annoying but it comes with the territory of DNP. The scale actually went up for both of us on day 7 but body fat stayed the same. Day 7, I was at 137.4lbs and she was at 176.2lbs. I imagine it has to be the water we are holding now, well since day 4, as my jewellery is pretty much stuck on my fingers (which is a bitch to train with them on! Grrr…) Day 7 was also the first day we full on tested a theory and because it was time to carb load as we have been very strict the first days (except for my cracker incident! Ooopsy!). And let me tell you this, holy shit, within 5-10 minutes of consuming them, my face went red and I felt very warm all over and even started sweating instantly (I was at home and not even doing anything and still sitting at the table finishing my food!). Training and cardio are still good BUT we are both sweating like crazy! So I figure that if we stay at this dose, we can train almost at the same intensity as without DNP, maybe a bit less cardio though as it kicks our asses! She’s doing 15-20 min high intensity and I’m doing 20-30 min low intensity cardio the last 2 days. See how it goes.

Day 8 – so far I have to say I am very impressed how DNP is so easily manipulated and you can control the level of heat. It is starting to get cold where I am and snow coming soon so neither one of us minds the warmer feeling. I have a few people already ask me if I’m getting sick as I think DNP is in full force and I am sweating just sitting down and my face is flush. She looks the same way from what I saw this morning at the gym. Lol But again, it is still comfortable and we are both sleeping well. Our weight is still the same as day 7.

Day 9 – we plan on bumping the dose to 200-250mg for me and 250-300mg for her.

OH I forgot to mention, I am still on a Primo run along with t3 (and of course GH). I have dropped all other compounds I was running. I have another week left of primo then the only thing I will have is T3. I also think that I will only do a short run of DNP of 3 weeks as the first week has been a trial to see how we tolerate it. For the girl, we will be running 3 weeks then week off and then another 3 weeks if all goes as planned… if all goes well, we will introduce var for her in 2 or 3 weeks… I guess see how things are when the time comes….so this may be a touch longer of a log and I plan on continuing to add as she progresses even though I will be done. I think ;) hehehe

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
OK, end of WEEK 2! We are both still alive! lol

Day 9 – weight has dropped for me from 137.4lbs to 137.0lbs (still up from my original 135.0lbs) and for my girl she went down a 0.8lbs, from 176.2lbs to 175.4lbs (still up from the original 175lbs). We are now both holding water and everything seems puffy, I feel fat bloated (yes, OK go for it! You can now call me fat!) Also, we both increased the dose to 200mg for me and 250mg for her.

Day 10-14 – weight down again, for her to 174.8lbs and I remain the same on day 10. These next days have been interesting as both of us are still feeling warm and overall OK. Our training intensity with cardio has changed a bit. We are both doing a short 15min cardio session with a lot less intensity. We both feel better this way. I do find myself tired a lot, could be a combination of things as I am in my late 30’s, eating in a deficit and limiting my carbs plus on DNP with t3 (no other ‘superhuman’ supplements after I stop my primo). So much for finishing off with sdrol or var…hehehe… still can’t believe I am trying DNP. As for the girl, she seems to be tolerating it well.

Day 15 (Nov 21) – Today is a sad day for me. Last night was my last Primo pin and now I am only on GH, T3 and DNP. It makes me sad when it comes to an end. I love how I feel and look on it!

Morning weight has shifted in the right direction! Yay! I’m back to my original 135lbs and she is down to 174lbs. We are STILL both holding water. I’m really not a fan of that look but it comes with the territory of running DNP. (Yes, I’m a mental case). Also, we are both going steady since day 9 with our dose and may increase again. See how today’s training will feel. We both have agreed that doing slower pace cardio for the 15min is sufficient as well as our training intensity is still going strong BUT we get extra sweaty and tired quickly when working out.

Our diet has changed very slightly and we have been low carb all the way through 2nd week and no carb load as per MrRippedZilla

We both feel a lot better and still definitely notice the heat when the minimal carbs are consumed earlier in the day. I am still walking around warm and flush faced but it’s all good! I could even say that I am comfortable wearing a tank top in high 50’s and my heat at home is now set to 65!!! lol. Again, this is pretty cool for me and I’m good with it! The only thing I noticed I am not doing well with is the heat in stores while grocery shopping! It actually makes me sweat a lot and feel nauseous. I have also added some pedialite with my water intake (I mix half with my water) and I think it helps with cooling me off…or at least it seems that way! lol

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
UPDATE TIME at the 3 WEEKS mark! WOW already! (This was posted on Monday at our 3 week end mark)

Day 16 – Weight is down again for the girl! Yay, girl, 173.8.lbs and me, 134.5lbs.

Day 17 – SUCKS! Back up to 135! The girl no change. BUT fingers aren’t as puffy today but my face is. :( We also upped the dose to 300mg for me and 350mg for her. Yes a bigger jump than we have up to this point but I feel we can do well. So maybe that’s the cause as our diet has remained the same.

Day 21-22 – WOW 3 weeks as of now! We are still good. Weight changed again, 171.6lbs for the girl and 134lbs for me! Still holding water which I expect till the end. lol Although what I noticed is, I think DNP is playing tricks on me and trying to rob me of the last little bit of breast tissue that I have covering my implants. I say this because they have been tingling and last time I remember that happening is when I started to lose my breasts to AAS prior to my investment. I have also been off my regular cycle for a week now... :(

Also what we have noticed, except the girl more than me but there are too many variables to say exactly why she is getting it and I’m not as much. And just a warning, this is gross… BUT she has found that she goes to the bathroom a lot more often. It’s all normal but she even goes once or twice in the middle of the night and all throughout the day! It's not bothersome, just something we noticed. We get cleaned out more. lol
We are both eating plenty fiber and drink pedialite mixed with water so I know we are doing things correctly in the hydration department. Our supplementation is minimal and we are actually wanting to add ECA or clen. I think ECA for her though as I will feel more comfortable with her taking it. As for me, I may do a 2 week clen (with the t3 and GH as I am already taking those with DNP)

I think this week will be the final week! 3 weeks of DNP and I can safely say that it was a successful run. I can’t wait till I drop this water and see what really happened! Lol

NAHHHH! Just kidding… MrRippedZilla and I have been talking and we have come to the conclusion that with everything going well, might as well keep going. We will do a final increase to 350mg and 400mg for the girl. I won’t say the total weeks we will run it yet, but I can comfortably say there will be a few more updates for those interested.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Thank you for doing such a great detailed log of your run. It's stuff like this that is good for everybody who's researching, curious, interested. Want to subscribe to be like Paul Harvey, and get "the rest of the story" as it evolves.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
Thank you for doing such a great detailed log of your run. It's stuff like this that is good for everybody who's researching, curious, interested. Want to subscribe to be like Paul Harvey, and get "the rest of the story" as it evolves.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Fsuphisig

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed log
3 weeks in a deficit, with dnp, and your not lighter ? Something seems wrong there right ? Even with water shouldn't you be losing like crazy? Gh, low carb, t3, dnp. If your not losing weight with all that, something has to be wrong , imo.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed log
3 weeks in a deficit, with dnp, and your not lighter ? Something seems wrong there right ? Even with water shouldn't you be losing like crazy? Gh, low carb, t3, dnp. If your not losing weight with all that, something has to be wrong , imo.
Well that's what I keep thinking but the weight was up and down the first 2 weeks. We were actually a couple pounds heavier during first week from the initial day 1. And the last week and a half we have been going down a little but not as drastic as some say. I know me, I'm feeling very fluffy which typically is not like me. So I'm wondering if women hold more water while on it versus men. I'm also fairly lean to begin with and my body naturally takes a while to get down below 13%. There has been more changes this week though. And I'll add the update on Monday.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to share as I'm up for it. This is our first run with dnp.

Fsuphisig

Elite
Reaction score
I have never used it myself , will continue to check the thread for updates.
With my clients, mostly men, I consider refeeds important for many reasons physically and mentally. Your metabolism might be out of order from the constant deficit and other drugs. Maybe ask your coach if one or two days a week above or at maintenance could be added. Cheats only accelerate my fatloss, I'm not a woman though.

Utm18

Reaction score
Nice log. Interesting to hear the final results whem done.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Well that's what I keep thinking but the weight was up and down the first 2 weeks. We were actually a couple pounds heavier during first week from the initial day 1. And the last week and a half we have been going down a little but not as drastic as some say. I know me, I'm feeling very fluffy which typically is not like me. So I'm wondering if women hold more water while on it versus men. I'm also fairly lean to begin with and my body naturally takes a while to get down below 13%. There has been more changes this week though. And I'll add the update on Monday.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to share as I'm up for it. This is our first run with dnp.

We both know what's going on here, mind over matter...

Beyond dropping calories further (depends how big your current deficit is) or increasing the duration/frequency of the LISS sessions, I honestly wouldn't do anything else.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score

Beyond dropping calories further (depends how big your current deficit is) or increasing the duration/frequency of the LISS sessions, I honestly wouldn't do anything else.

You're right, it's a big mindf#%$ for sure. I am not used to this fluffiness but it's starting to come down. I think it's how I tolerate it. Or it's in my head as I don't have all the lines and dryness as I did prior to it. I guess time will tell.

Our diet is on point and we are about 250-300 in deficit. I feel without the carb loads and/or refeeds, I adjusted our numbers a few weeks back since that time you suggested we stop those and we are good diet wise. I am under 80g of carbs daily and she is at 100g.

We have decided to add additional 10mins to our morning cardio. See what happens in the next couple weeks.

Also, I have been thinking more and in reality, we aren't doing badly. Most logs have guys well over 250lb mark and that's pretty much 2 of me and she's not very big either. So having a 5-6lb loss while holding water and about 9lbs for her and still holding water isn't too bad. And if it's fat then that's bonus. I guess we won't know till we are finished what the final numbers will be.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
It's that time again! End of WEEK 4!

Day 22 – Weight is dropping for sure. We decided to keep our dose the same. I think our bodies have adapted well. Things have been great up until this point. Well as good as they can be with all the OK sides from DNP. This is where we both feel it’s still a “safe” dose based on all the references we have seen and read plus all the advice from members who have ran it successfully and I don’t mind being somewhat in the lower end of dosing with 300mg for me and 350mg for her. We still get very warm after eating and especially if it involves any carbs.

Day 23-28 - Another thing we have incorporated is ECA stack for her and clen for me. (yes clen, I always prefer Albuterol but for this run, clen seemed to be the better choice plus I have some left) She is using ECA twice a day and I am at about 10mcg of clen a day and I feel it’s plenty. I tried to go up to 12.5mcg but it was too much! I don’t like the cracked out feeling of clen… just reminded myself why I like Albuterol that much more! lol

Day 29 (Dec 5 today) – so we are a month in! WOW! 4 weeks done! OH and we are still alive and well! I do want to mention that people have noticed we look better (some even say, different but in a good way) and not as bloated as we were in the first couple weeks, I think our rosy cheeks give a deceiving look of well being too… hehehe… at this point, the weather is cold and we are perfectly content with wearing light jackets and feel good. Again, while shopping, it’s nauseating because every place I walk into has their heat cranked.

We will not be increasing the dose further. I think this is where we need to be and our bodies are good with it. We have adapted well and can definitely feel it when we are training and cardio but once we stop we are OK. Also, not finding that I am ready for bed too early. My routine is nearly back to the way it was. We also plan to bump our cardio up to see if it makes our progress faster with additional 10 min which will bring us to the old 30 min fasted cardio but low intensity in the mornings. I don’t feel as drained…. So with that said, smooth sailing so far. We will continue for another few weeks, if all goes well, the plan is to go until end of December and her deadline, I found out she actually has 2 additional weeks than she told me originally so we are good to go till then where I believe we will be tapering off and then the big reveal to see what really happened!

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score

You're right, it's a big mindf#%$ for sure. I am not used to this fluffiness but it's starting to come down. I think it's how I tolerate it. Or it's in my head as I don't have all the lines and dryness as I did prior to it. I guess time will tell.

Our diet is on point and we are about 250-300 in deficit. I feel without the carb loads and/or refeeds, I adjusted our numbers a few weeks back since that time you suggested we stop those and we are good diet wise. I am under 80g of carbs daily and she is at 100g.

We have decided to add additional 10mins to our morning cardio. See what happens in the next couple weeks.

Also, I have been thinking more and in reality, we aren't doing badly. Most logs have guys well over 250lb mark and that's pretty much 2 of me and she's not very big either. So having a 5-6lb loss while holding water and about 9lbs for her and still holding water isn't too bad. And if it's fat then that's bonus. I guess we won't know till we are finished what the final numbers will be.

@MrRippedZilla do you think I am missing something or not doing something right? What would you change? Any thoughts or am I being over critical?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
@MrRippedZilla do you think I am missing something or not doing something right? What would you change? Any thoughts or am I being over critical?

Your being overly critical :)

Beyond increasing the size of the deficit, I honestly don't think there is anything that needs changing. 5-6lbs in 4 weeks, plus the water retention, really isn't too bad IF the diet induced deficit is where I think it is (fairly conservative).

The 250-300cal deficit, break it down for me...how much is that % wise considering you & your clients maintenance levels?

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
Your being overly critical :)

Beyond increasing the size of the deficit, I honestly don't think there is anything that needs changing. 5-6lbs in 4 weeks, plus the water retention, really isn't too bad IF the diet induced deficit is where I think it is (fairly conservative).

The 250-300cal deficit, break it down for me...how much is that % wise considering you & your clients maintenance levels?

I hope you're right... I am actually feeling pretty good this week. I think we have both adjusted very well.... maybe reduce cals more? We haven't been craving anything... I'm actually having a hard time getting all the cals in the last week or two.

My original set up was based on 135lbs - 1,537 cals BMR but 2,037 TDEE/maintenance so I was consuming a 40%p/40%f/20%c of 1,737 cals, this week adjusted to lower weight (130) and it's 2,002 TDEE but consuming 1,750 cals a day, same breakdown... I can easily go down to 1,500 but we aren't doing the refeeds or carb loads so that's why we are doing that instead of 1,200-1,500 cals like before.

She's at 2,410 cals maintenance, consuming 2,100 cals and same breakdown as me.

Percentage wise, I'm at 12.5% deficit and she is at 12.9%.... thoughts?

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
"2 Girls... 1 DNP"

I expected filthy porn when I clicked this post! #dissapointed #2girls1cup4life

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I hope you're right... I am actually feeling pretty good this week. I think we have both adjusted very well.... maybe reduce cals more? We haven't been craving anything... I'm actually having a hard time getting all the cals in the last week or two.

My original set up was based on 135lbs - 1,537 cals BMR but 2,037 TDEE/maintenance so I was consuming a 40%p/40%f/20%c of 1,737 cals, this week adjusted to lower weight (130) and it's 2,002 TDEE but consuming 1,750 cals a day, same breakdown... I can easily go down to 1,500 but we aren't doing the refeeds or carb loads so that's why we are doing that instead of 1,200-1,500 cals like before.

She's at 2,410 cals maintenance, consuming 2,100 cals and same breakdown as me.

Percentage wise, I'm at 12.5% deficit and she is at 12.9%.... thoughts?

That explains your results, not that your results are bad, just that their limitations are due to to conservative diet rather than anything else.

I'd switch to at least a 25% deficit for you based on the latest TDEE. Get her on 30% while not being afraid of going as high as 40-45% if necessary (she's at a higher bf% than you, plus on a stricter timeframe, so can get away with it).
Protein needs tend to increase along with the size of the deficit (along with how you lean you become) so make sure your both getting at least 1g/lb bw.
Carbs/fats I'll let you adjust based on whatever helps you adhere to the diet but I do like to see fats at least 0.44g/lb for most girls (you don't fall into this category, she does).

Beyond that, give it a week and see what happens - sorry if any of this is repeated info from our PMs, my mind is foggy today.

Last edited:

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
That explains your results, not that your results are bad, just that their limitations are due to to conservative diet rather than anything else.

I'd switch to at least a 25% deficit for you based on the latest TDEE. Get her on 30% while not being afraid of going as high as 40-45% if necessary (she's at a higher bf% than you, plus on a stricter timeframe, so can get away with it).
Protein needs tend to increase along with the size of the deficit (along with how you lean you become) so make sure your both getting at least 1g/lb bw.
Carbs/fats I'll let you adjust based on whatever helps you adhere to the diet but I do like to see fats at least 0.44g/lb for most girls (you don't fall into this category, she does).

Beyond that, give it a week and see what happens - sorry if any of this is repeated info from our PMs, my mind is foggy today.

That makes sense, as we chatted in pm's, when you advised for me to drop the carb loads, I adjusted our calories to keep it more even by increasing the daily totals, that's kind of why we were being conservative with the deficit. That's kind of why I chose that route. I figured it would be OK and still give us enough with a small deficit.

OK so I did the numbers and we will now be, as follows:

Me 25% deficit
1,502 cals - 150g protein / 68g fat / 75g carbs

The girl 30% deficit till Monday then we will adjust to 40% - to give her a gradual drop, I think that's fair.
1,660 cals - 166g protein / 74g fat / 82g carbs
I think next week I will change her macro split to 50p/30f/20c from what we are doing now 40p/40f/20c

We both like how we feel on the low carbs and DNP.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
UPDATE TIME! End of WEEK 5 :)

Day 30 – This week started of with interesting stats and we are ready for what this week has in store for us. We are second week in with Clen (me) and ECA (the girl). Everything seems to be good with the dosing. I also think we have both leveled out with the sides and being on the same DNP dose since week 3.

What I have noticed today is that, at least me, I am sleeping very well. I was sleeping OK up to this point but last night has been a very deep sleep. I also had a hard time waking up. We have added additional 10min of cardio in the morning for a total of 30mins. Maybe that’s what burns us out more now? Who knows… So many variables.

Day 31-35 – The last couple days have been different. We noticed that with our diet being strict but in just a conservative deficit as @MrRippedZilla said, we decided that it would be best to go from a 12.5% and 12.9% deficit to a much larger. We started with 25% deficit for me and 30% deficit for the girl. She is getting a much larger cut for the next few days then next week we drop further to a 40%. We are hoping to boost the fat loss further with a slightly more aggressive approach. This set up still gives me 1,502 cals and 1,660 cals for her then dropping to 1,410 next week. She may hate me after this…. Hehehe or love me more! Lol… we are still keeping carbs well under 100g a day as we feel best on that and least heat which is very manageable.

Another thing that has intensified is sleep, as I mentioned earlier. I even ended up passing out on the couch right after the gym one night, an hour before my typical bedtime and slept till morning. I am also having some crazy vivid dreams and they seem so real. But they are so out there! lol I sleep well and the sweating is under control… well, the house is at 62, I sleep in the nude and only have a sheet draped over me when needed. So you could say that I am quite comfortable as long as there is no comforter or more heat touching me. lol

Finally, this could be partly due to the adjusted calories but the last few days I am feeling as if I work out my entire body and every muscle group. We are still going strong at the gym with low reps and our 30 min cardio but feel like I ran a marathon or something. I guess that could be why I am falling asleep so easily and sleep solid. I guess I could say the workout recovery is slightly longer right now as I even wake up sore the next day!

Day 36 (Dec 12) – end of week 5! WOW! Not too much as of right now but I can say, we are feeling good!

New Threads