2 Girls... and DNP :)

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
Happy Monday Everyone! It's that time again... end of week 6...

Day 37 – Entering week 6 with a little different feeling. The DNP has definitely peaked and our bodies have adjusted to it well the last 2 weeks. So well that we aren’t getting any of the sides that are so bothersome. Sleep is still great, the fatigue isn’t bad at all and the sweating isn’t uncontrollable. Although it never was. But now, we just feel warm and good! Yes, we actually feel good on it. I also look leaner even though I’m still “feeling” puffy and soft.

Day 38-42 – The girl got her “monthly visit from Aunt Ruby” and let’s just say… oh my is she ever cranky!!! Lol… I can say that I DO NOT miss that time of the month at all! Mine still hasn’t returned since I’ve only been off cycle for a few weeks.

Day 43 – Today marks the end of week 6! WOW… I know I say this each time but I am still amazed. This compound isn’t as bad as some say it is. It is quite efficient and easily manageable. Plus pretty awesome in the winter as it is -20 (or-4 F degrees) out with the wind chill and I’m fairly content and comfortable where normally I am beyond freezing and hate it as I can’t get warm no matter how many layers I have on. As bad as it sounds, the warmth is my favorite part about DNP!... Go ahead, judge me for saying that. lol...
House is up a little to 63-64 daily but comfortable. My workouts have been pretty good too.

I should also mention that I have come across an opportunity which I am going to go for and will need to stop my run soon. Well, one more week then I will have 12 days to get everything showing and in tip top shape as I need to be “drier” for this. Plus I do not want to feel bloated or holding water as to me, I can see it in pics and makes me feel uncomfortable. I have to be either 100% ready or nothing!

As for the girl, we are continuing with the plan and she is going to keep going as planned. I will also continue logging her progress/findings. I will try to get more details from her. I will also go through the taper down and post-dnp details most likely next week as I am trying to plan everything out and ensure it’s good. Then final findings once the final result shows itself.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
Update - End of WEEK 7

Day 44 – Entering week 7 is a bit bitter sweet for me. As this is my last week before tapering down. Once I finish my taper off week and wait a week to see final results, I will give you guys a review of my experience and thoughts from a “looking back” perspective.

Day 45 - 46 - have been good for both of us. Even with Christmas coming and the feasts that we both will most likely be indulging in (to a degree). The dose is still leveled out as we barely feel anything now unless at the gym or in hot stores while shopping. Otherwise, we are very comfortable.*

Day 47-49 - Christmas festivities have been great! I kept my carbs to a controllable amount and didn't touch the deserts. I did wear a sleeveless light dress so I was good and no one suspected anything out of the ordinary 😉 so I was pretty much able to enjoy as if no dnp was involved. Hehehe

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS!!*

Day 50 - today Dec 26... the first day of tapering down. I went from 300mg to 250mg for the next couple days. (That's the plan). The girl continues as is.

Diet will stay the same and so will the training and cardio. I personally had "easy express" workout days the last couple and cardio only yesterday.*

Up to this point, I have noticed that I have been recovering from workouts a lot slower than off dnp. My body is sore longer. Even after low intensity cardio! Which is kinda odd but funny to me. My sleep is still incredible with insane dreams. And no I still do not use any sleep aids.*

Even though I am kind of sad to finish dnp, I'm excited to find out what it did for me. Although I WILL miss the warmth. That's probably my favorite part of dnp.*lol

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
UPDATE – END OF WEEK 8

Day 51 – Entering the taper off period, my second day and I am already feeling a touch of cold. I’m not liking it. LOL – my dose is 200mg.

Day 52-53 – dose has been at 200mg. Workouts and diet is still the same.

Day 54-56 – dose has been down to 150mg and I definitely feel a difference. My house heat is up to 65-66… lol

Day 57 – Today, January 2nd is my last day of DNP. I finished it off with 150mg this morning. It will be odd tomorrow not taking my dose as I have the last 8 weeks! Now I have this week to get it out of my system and see what really happened. I’m kind of excited as I kind of noticed today that my body looks different right now.

Looking ahead, I am definitely looking forward to a carb load on Friday and hope for the best! Lol

As for the girl, we weren’t in too much contact this past week with all the holiday craziness but I know she is doing well. I will be checking in with her this week and give an update next week as that will be her last week and she will start to do her taper off next week sometime.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
You say youl miss the warmth. I was thinking of trying dnp this winter because I thought that'd be the only season in south Texas that I could get away with it. But it's been in the 80' so all week so I think I'd probably overheat as I work outside.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
You say youl miss the warmth. I was thinking of trying dnp this winter because I thought that'd be the only season in south Texas that I could get away with it. But it's been in the 80' so all week so I think I'd probably overheat as I work outside.
If you decide on running it, stick to a very low dose... every 100mg gives you a boost so I wouldn't go past 250mg... also depending on your size.

But temperature plays a role for sure as we have been in the 40-50's here and my house was at 62 the whole time till this past week. And it's been very comfortable but I'm starting to feel cold now. I'm normally feeling very cold at anything below 70-75.

dirkmcgirk

Reaction score
No problem! Anytime and glad to be able to add to the community ��

I was considering running a similar protocol to you despite being twice your size. Basically run it 3-4 weeks at a super low dose. 1st few days at 100mg and by the end of the week 200mg. Stay static at 200mg till the end of week 4 and quit. what do you think? This would be in concert with T3 and a moderate to low carb diet.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
I was considering running a similar protocol to you despite being twice your size. Basically run it 3-4 weeks at a super low dose. 1st few days at 100mg and by the end of the week 200mg. Stay static at 200mg till the end of week 4 and quit. what do you think? This would be in concert with T3 and a moderate to low carb diet.

I think it can definitely be beneficial. Every 100mg increases your metabolism by 10% so you will definitely get a boost. I actually liked running it and my body adapted well to it. I think you can safely run it for extended period of time as I did and even 10 weeks as the girl I am working with is still doing. I know I haven't posted the final results but I want to wait till I am a full week completely off dnp and today is day 4. I am actually quite pleased with it.

Many members, especially the one who I have been talking with a lot @MrRippedZilla also said that you can run small doses for extended period of time without a problem.

I think on low carb and a caloric deficit, you can make some decent progress in 4 weeks. You should be OK to do longer if you wish too. Plus being on a low dose will allow you to be almost at full capacity at the gym with training and cardio as I noticed that once my body leveled out. I really enjoyed it.

Also, I was on 50mcg of T3 during it as well which also helps when running it for extended period of time versus those brief few days infernos as some say they did.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
UPDATE – END OF WEEK 9 – GG’s OFF DNP full week after 1 week taper off…

Day 58 – OFF DNP… wow this may be a trick or my body has eliminated a lot of it already as I am actually feeling a little cold today. Temperature is at 37 today and I definitely felt a chill. My heat at home is now adjusted to 66 the last couple days and I feel as if I need to adjust it again.

I have boosted all my supplementation since last week, basically doubled everything I was taking. Including NAC, B12, Magnesium, Vit C, Multi, etc… I am drinking additional electrolytes too, just in case. I did feel as if my fasted cardio session seemed easier today and I increased the level of it and went full 30mins without any problems at a higher level. Will see how my workout goes later.

Day 59-60 – my hands and feet are back to feeling like icicles… also find it chilly now and it’s now winter warm coat time! The temperature has dropped outside to between 5-10F as well and my house heat has increased again to 68 but still felt very cold and I’m pretty much wearing a snow suit inside compared to just a couple weeks ago! lol

Day 61 – It’s Friday (Jan 6) and it’s CHEAT DAY!!!! I have been incorporating more carbs this week and have been eating a bit more than I have the last few weeks… what amazes me is the strangest thing. This week and every day I wake up, I look different! In the best possible way, I see that my body has changed quite a bit in the 8 week total run even at the low doses (even with the first week and last week being super low doses due to tapering up then down). Actually didn’t think some areas had much wiggle room but apparently I was wrong. My waist being one as I am fairly square/straight shaped but have been seeing my mid section trim more to a curvy look. So that’s a bonus!

Day 62-63 – I have noticed that my appetite totally dropped this weekend, I’m hardly wanting to eat anything and I am not craving anything. I’ve had to resort to drinking a few protein shakes through the day just for quick fix but even that was a struggle. I have started off my days with good breakfasts like bacon, eggs, and even a pancake! YES! I decided to treat myself but still stayed within manageable numbers. It’s been a busy weekend and I actually didn’t get to do my full workouts or full cardio due to my schedule this weekend. But I am OK with that. It was a profitable weekend to say the least. Lol… So it was worth it.

Now the fun stuff. My results!

So I did the measurements and I wanted to show for a comparison.

I started off with:

135lbs and 15%bf – today I am 12.4% and 123lbs (loss of 2.6% - 3.51lbs fat) 12lbs total – which I am sure majority is water as I was hovering around 128-130lbs while on dnp and there is definitely fat loss and possibly a tiny amount of muscle but not too much was lost, plus the fact that I am 7 weeks off cycle too (since Nov 21). So I’m very happy overall.

Measurements that have changed:
Chest (under boob) still the same at 32”
Waist went from 25 to 24”
Hips went from 34 to 33”
Thigh went from 21 to 20.75”

As for the girl, she got her “evil red” again, a few days early this time but she says she feels good otherwise. We haven’t been training together this past week again but she has been checking in. She is feeling less bloat now. She is still holding water but she says she noticed her tummy isn’t as bloated. Could have been “evil red” related too… on top of DNP.

She’s entering week 10 and the final week! I think she has made great progress and I will post her comparison once we get it all done. She says she is happy with where she is at and is looking forward to seeing the final result and numbers. She says that she is also starting to crave things today which is odd as I didn’t experience that and she didn’t have a problem in the earlier weeks either.

So overall, I have to say, I would consider DNP again if need be or if anyone comes to me for advice then I will be comfortable guiding them through it (if they are set on it) as now I know what to expect and how it feels from my own experience and the girl that I have been working with… is it wrong that I’m tempted to use it through winters just to warm myself back up :p …just a tiny little dose… I really do hate winter!

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
@MrRippedZilla - I have a small dilemma... apparently this is something that my body skipped but it is happening to my girl. She is in the tapering off period now and she is craving carbs like crazy! We have kept her diet the same (low carb - under 100g) and she says she is craving breads, bagels, pasta... very starchy things this week! I told her to incorporate some berries in her diet in case there is some sugar needed as well as drink more water.... any idea how she can overcome this craving? I have read that people go through it quite intensely but how can she combat it as what I suggested isn't cutting it. lol

As for me, my appetite has been really reduced since stopping dnp... I'm focusing on more protein and have been guilty of living on some shakes for several meals this week versus real food. :(

It's crazy how 2 people, on the same compound have such different experiences! It's actually pretty cool.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
@MrRippedZilla - I have a small dilemma... apparently this is something that my body skipped but it is happening to my girl. She is in the tapering off period now and she is craving carbs like crazy! We have kept her diet the same (low carb - under 100g) and she says she is craving breads, bagels, pasta... very starchy things this week! I told her to incorporate some berries in her diet in case there is some sugar needed as well as drink more water.... any idea how she can overcome this craving? I have read that people go through it quite intensely but how can she combat it as what I suggested isn't cutting it. lol

As for me, my appetite has been really reduced since stopping dnp... I'm focusing on more protein and have been guilty of living on some shakes for several meals this week versus real food. :(

How lean has she been previously? What was she used to maintaining, bf% wise, before her coach ****ed her up?
Carb cravings are common, I and many others get them, but its interesting that she's suffering as she's tapering off...it may have a lot more to do with the weight/fat loss than DNP per se.

Depending on her past, and her set/settling points specifically, there may be very little that you can do about this and mental discipline becomes the primary determinant of her success.
Even if it is due to DNP, my hunch is that NPY is involved and that is a tough little path to side step without experimenting with other drugs (how willing are you/she to do that?).

Some non-pharmaceutical suggestions that may or may not help:
- You can try manipulating her food choices (more fibre, lower caloric dense foods), playing with meal frequency (higher or lower, try both), depending on what times of the day she feels the most ravenous you can play around with nutrient timing, etc.
- Reducing the size of the dietary deficit by reintroducing some carbs is an obvious step to take but depends on how "fixed" her time frame to hit this goal is.
- How far away is she from her post-dnp refeed? You could increase the duration of the refeed, when it comes, so that it lasts 2-3 days at maintenance cals in order to allow her to get more carbs in (warning: I have no idea how good her post-carb satiety is and this may turn into a full binge).
- Taking a full diet break, a brief period of a few weeks eating at maintenance, post-dnp in order to help renormalize some metabolic stuff (again, may not be possible on a strict time frame).

Appetite suppression involves multiple pathways (that's why you don't a DNP equivalent for it in terms of efficacy) and if it does have to with NPY and/or genetic limits then she's in for a rough ride without extra drugs I'm afraid.
Even if she's willing to go the pharma route, it would involve a lot of experimenting to find the right choice (due to the multiple pathways involved) and I'm uncertain if she should go down this path (your a different story due to your experience and so on).

Carb cravings are one of the main reasons why people get poor results on DNP - not that any of them will openly admit that they pig out of course :)

Last edited:

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
UPDATE – END OF WEEK 10 – me - OFF DNP 2 weeks…The girl completed her taper off week…

Day 64 (Jan 9) – going into taper off week for the girl. She’s using the same set up as I did. Seemed to work for me. LOL

Day 65- very strange as my girl said she is having insane cravings. And cravings that she didn’t have before for starchy carbs but not so much sugars. We have increased her cals to the same set up as we had the first couple weeks. Hopefully that helps.

Day 66 – her cravings are getting pretty bad to a point she said when she woke up at night she wanted to eat something like bread or pasta as she was hungry! And that was in the middle of the night. Weird. I need @MrRippedZilla help!

Day 67-70 – cravings continue but she said she is getting a bit of a chill now so that means the DNP is definitely depleting from her system. She doesn’t think she has lost any water yet and the diet stays the same. She has increased her water intake again to see if she can fight those cravings.

Day 71 (Jan 16) – today is a day off dnp. She said she definitely feels colder outside. Nothing else much to report for today.

Mr.Zilla, to answer your questions, sorry for the delay but I didn’t get to see her as much to get answers/updates right away. Her walk around bf% is typically around the 18% mark and she said that she typically has no issue maintaining that. When she needed to, she was able to cut down to 15-16% but couldn’t maintain it for too long and it was a pretty intense regimen and diet. So I think her genetics definitely play a role here. She definitely needs a lot of help to get below that she said.

FYI: I do find it odd too as some get insane cravings and I am still lacking my appetite. I have literally been living off protein shakes just to get something in my system and a little bit of food.

I did suggest she tries sibutramine as it works well with appetite suppression but she decided to wait it out. May need to incorporate it after if her cravings continue and I think she will also incorporate the T3 while off as well. I guess we will see what this week will bring… her deadline is this weekend!!!  So I will have her results next week.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
If she's at that 15-16% mark then you have your answer - its a genetic, not dnp, issue.

Genetics are what they are and, outside of some of the ideas I gave earlier, there really isn't much we (helpers) can do about her appetite - its all about her mental discipline now.

As far as pharmaceutical options, Sibutramine is an excellent idea and something I've found to be extremely helpful but its important to keep in mind the multiple pathways involved in appetite regulation and, depending on which one is the main issue for her, it may take a bit of trial & error to come up with the right solution for her. I still think its an NPY issue but that's just an educated guess on my behalf.

Be careful with the T3 beyond replacement doses as it may actually INCREASE her appetite even further, which is not what you want. At best, its effect on appetite specifically may be neutral but it certainly won't be suppressive - something to be aware of.

I'll add that this is why you don't see average-fat people getting lean and staying in that conditioning for very long - your fighting your own biology and most lose.

Last edited:

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
If she's at that 15-16% mark then you have your answer - its a genetic, not dnp, issue.

Genetics are what they are and, outside of some of the ideas I gave earlier, there really isn't much we (helpers) can do about her appetite - its all about her mental discipline now.

As far as pharmaceutical options, Sibutramine is an excellent idea and something I've found to be extremely helpful but its important to keep in mind the multiple pathways involved in appetite regulation and, depending on which one is the main issue for her, it may take a bit of trial & error to come up with the right solution for her. I still think its an NPY issue but that's just an educated guess on my behalf.

Be careful with the T3 beyond replacement doses as it may actually INCREASE her appetite even further, which is not what you want. At best, its effect on appetite specifically may be neutral but it certainly won't be suppressive - something to be aware of.

I'll add that this is why you don't see average-fat people getting lean and staying in that conditioning for very long - your fighting your own biology and most lose.
Thank you for all your help and keeping me sane through this fun experiment 😊

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
Just as you thought it was OVER! Lol…

UPDATE – END OF WEEK 13 – (sorry I didn’t get an update up week 11-12 and the big delay but life happens and we both had things going on)

So overall success… 11% less bf combined between the 2 of us!  

Again, sorry for the delay but here are the girl’s findings and results…

Her starting point was 175lbs at 24% bf, after 10 weeks of DNP and starting off with a modest caloric deficit then transitioning to a more aggressive for the next 3 weeks and then in her taper off and off week DNP going back up to more modest deficit as she was craving simple carbs like crazy! I think adjusting the diet a bit has helped her cravings but as Mr.Zilla pointed out, I think she is one of those unlucky ones that her body just fights it naturally once she gets to a certain point. Just a reminder, we started off with low doses of DNP and worked our way up with the lowest dose being 100mg for me and 150mg for her and highest being 300mg for me and 350mg for her. We did use crystal DNP not powder, just to clarify as I have been getting a lot of questions which I guess is weaker compared to the industrial powder but hits your system much quicker and leaves it faster too.

Anyway, the good stuff… as she is now 3 weeks off DNP her weight is sitting at 153lbs! That means she has lost 22lbs in her 10 weeks. As for her body fat, we have measured and she is down to 16% which is an 8% drop in that time. I think she has done amazing as that would translate to 15lbs of fat lost!! I’m super proud of her and she I very happy with the results. We are planning a cycle for her now but feel DNP is not needed at this point. She is excited we got her back on track and she did very well for her deadline.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
We want before and after gosh darnit!!!

That's a hard one as I was on cycle and at the tail end of it when I decided to experiment even though I was happy with my cycle results. I took one in October right after I tried tren with the other compounds and that's posted on my profile but nor right before I started DNP.

As for the girl, she's not wanting to have her pics posted on the internet. She has made incredible progress.

New Threads