Carbs don't make you fat

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I did not know that. So a gram of 100 percent alcohol has 7 calories? Interesting. Never heard that before.

1 gram of ETOH, ethanol, has 7 calories yes you sexy beast. Now get those post workout carbs in lol

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
POB what you've written in common sense and many people want to believe there is a magic bullet to nutrition and fitness.

Who really wants to hear exercise more eat less to get more fit....when pretty much everyone knows that's exactly how it works. That's why people spend billions on every nutritional fad that comes out. "Eat exactly the same as you do now and with no exercise our pill will get you in shape in 30 days." It's complete horse shlt, but it's what lazy people want to hear.

It's the same with carbs. I've done the Adkins diet and it does work. But, its not because it eliminate carbs. It's because you reduces the overall calories you consume.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Carbs/protein 4cal a gram. Fat is 9, alcohol is 7. It is true. You can have a sweet potato-complex carb, now you fry it and it garbage. empty calories that add no benefit like sofa and chips is what kills our gains or metabolism. Not trying to preach or get long winded i think we all know what good and bad

Fat isn't an empty calorie its required. Soda and chips kill gains and metabolism? Can you support this with something concrete? We don't all know what's good and bad...

What's healthy eating?
Vegan - plant foods only
Keto moron - zero carb
Bodybuilders- eat clean 40/40/20 rule
Me - not eating excessively over maintenance otherwise who cares
And so on.

There is no one right answer.

GearGoddess

Lady Member
Reaction score
I found this to being the most common fear for females... that and eating fat. So many times I hear the "if I eat fat, I will be fat" or "if I eat carbs, I will be fat and bloated" ...so many people do not have common sense and believe in low fat/low carb only...

One of my biggest pet peeves is someone saying that they don't like to diet... yet they don't realize they are on one... no matter what you eat, it's your diet. I may be on a clean diet, cutting diet, lean bulk diet.... you may be on a McDonalds and other fast food diet, juicing diet, other fad diet.... it's still diet... DIET is whatever you choose to eat. Period.

My fave quote, "You are what you eat"

Reaction score
I would be happy to support it. What I stated was in the NASM nutrition course. Tell me exactly what you want and I will provide it. Simply saying sofa and chips are "empty calories" meaning they provide a lot of calories but little health benefit, there for no real support for growth and metabolism.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
I would be happy to support it. What I stated was in the NASM nutrition course. Tell me exactly what you want and I will provide it. Simply saying sofa and chips are "empty calories" meaning they provide a lot of calories but little health benefit, there for no real support for growth and metabolism.

Please explain the following:

1) why is a sweet potato that is fried garbage?

2) how do empty calories such as soda and chips equate to garbage?

3) how do empty calories kill gains and/or metabolism?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
You can have a sweet potato-complex carb, now you fry it and it garbage. empty calories that add no benefit like sofa and chips is what kills our gains or metabolism.

I want you to post scientific evidence supporting that eating empty calories "kills our gains or metabolism". In other words, it is actually detrimental to muscle growth and damages our metabolism.

Hint: I know for a fact that this is bullshit and there is zero data to support you but I want to see you try to justify this BS anyway.

Reaction score
you know just leave as BS that's cool I'm not going to post anything on the matter. Was trying to help and now I regret posting. Peace!

Last edited by a moderator:

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
you know just leave as BS that's cool I'm not going to post anything on the matter. Was trying to help and now I regret posting. Peace!
Bud this is the science and studies section. If you want to post "facts" here, have references ready.
You're more than welcome to share your opinions elsewhere on the board, and in fact I'd even encourage you to do so for the sake of discussion. Just not here.

Last edited:

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
you know just leave as BS that's cool I'm not going to post anything on the matter. You can believe what you want and I will believe what the scientific data I studied and passed supports. Was trying to help and now I regret posting. Peace!

Typical. So in other words you cannot defend your statements which we already know are indefensible.

Breaking news: Doc just had a burger with a fried egg, French fries, and a Pepsi. He unknowingly just destroyed all his gains

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Bud this is the science and studies section. If you want to post "facts" here, have references ready.
Opinions can be shared elsewhere on the board.

I would dry (maybe even wet) hump the shit out of your leg right now.

New Threads