Carbs don't make you fat

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Bud this is the science and studies section. If you want to post "facts" here, have references ready.
You're more than welcome to share your opinions elsewhere on the board, and in fact I'd even encourage you to do so for the sake of discussion. Just not here.

Well said.
I edited his post slightly after he claimed to "believe what the scientific data studied and passed supports" - the BS meter was getting way out of range and I don't like having my intelligence insulted so I had to step in.

While Doc is humping your leg, I will gladly treat you to some empty calories...perhaps a cookie or some kind :)

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Well said.
I edited his post slightly after he claimed to "believe what the scientific data studied and passed supports" - the BS meter was getting way out of range and I don't like having my intelligence insulted so I had to step in.

While Doc is humping your leg, I will gladly treat you to some empty calories...perhaps a cookie or some kind :)

Don't worry Zilla, your leg is next in my sights.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure on this but I think POB and I agree on something. I better read over that again; I must have missed something.

Nah we have agreed on this many times. Guys tend to over eat protein and under eat carbs and fats.

T

TriniJuice

Carbs/protein 4cal a gram. Fat is 9, alcohol is 7. It is true. You can have a sweet potato-complex carb, now you fry it and it garbage. empty calories that add no benefit like sofa and chips is what kills our gains or metabolism. Not trying to preach or get long winded i think we all know what good and bad

Who the hell would eat a sofa w/chips?

Hillbillies; Thats who......

T

TriniJuice

Are vegetables worth adding to your diet?
I only started eating them cuz of that BBtrainer, I'd mix corn, string beans, and kidney beans together. Don't mind eating them but do they need to be eaten everyday?
I only see any nutritional value from vegetables if you eat like a gallon of it daily.....they're pretty useless IMO

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
So is there no difference in the speed at which certain carbs are broken down? Complex vs simple in terms of one being better for fueling a set or is all that nonsense too?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So is there no difference in the speed at which certain carbs are broken down? Complex vs simple in terms of one being better for fueling a set or is all that nonsense too?

Do you eat carbs while working out under the notion that those carbs you just ingested are what's going to fuel the next set you do?

Of course not.

So the idea that one type is better than another for training is not accurate.

Glycogen is glycogen.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Do you eat carbs while working out under the notion that those carbs you just ingested are what's going to fuel the next set you do?

Of course not.

Glycogen is glycogen.

Haha!
That is exactly what I do (before, not during). I always thought I needed complex carbs before lifting and simple after. But until I found this place the only people I knew who lifted we're on YouTube and bodybuilding.com

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score

Of course not.

Glycogen is glycogen.

So pretty much you're just addicted to pop tarts then? Lol

Reactions: DF

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Beezy,

Just keep the tank full and you'll never run out.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Beezy,

Just keep the tank full and you'll never run out.

Thanks Snake,
It's only tough in the morning. I get up at 4:30 to lift because it's my only chance. I have no appetite at that time. Plus my preworkout is crap if I eat with it.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I think I need to pick up some pop tarts and keep them next to the bed

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Of course there is a difference in simple and complex carbs. Simple carbs breakdown and digest faster than complex carbs. Like POB said though, the carbs that you eat before a workout isn't what you are going to be using to fuel your workout unless its several hours before.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks Snake,
It's only tough in the morning. I get up at 4:30 to lift because it's my only chance. I have no appetite at that time. Plus my preworkout is crap if I eat with it.

Of course there is a difference in simple and complex carbs. Simple carbs breakdown and digest faster than complex carbs. Like POB said though, the carbs that you eat before a workout isn't what you are going to be using to fuel your workout unless its several hours before.[/I]

I take a scoop of Karbolyn before working out early AM. I have enough gas in the tank for an intense workout. It's 50g of carbs. I have it 30 min prior to lifting, so I'm not sure I agree with BSP that it isn't what is fueling my workouts. I've tried working out with just pre-workout before early AM sessions and it is no Bueno. I'm a big fan of Karbolyn pre-workout.

PM me for a discount code! I kid:)

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I take a scoop of Karbolyn before working out early AM. I have enough gas in the tank for an intense workout. It's 50g of carbs. I have it 30 min prior to lifting, so I'm not sure I agree with BSP that it isn't what is fueling my workouts. I've tried working out with just pre-workout before early AM sessions and it is no Bueno. I'm a big fan of Karbolyn pre-workout.

PM me for a discount code! I kid:)
50 grams of carbs is 200 calories. What do you do in the gym, take a nap?(joking). Anyway, think about that. Do you still think that you are using those carbs to fuel that workout?

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I work out in the morning and if I train on an empty stomach with just a pre workout I feel weak as shit but if I eat like a half hour before I 100% have more strength and energy. If I eat then wait a half hour to start training and take 2 hours to train then yeah I'm using up that food during my workout for sure.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
50 grams of carbs is 200 calories. What do you do in the gym, take a nap?(joking). Anyway, think about that. Do you still think that you are using those carbs to fuel that workout?

Hmm, I should clarify.

Taking one one scoop currently whilst maintaining. Took a pre-workout scoop and intra-workout scoop during that last 4 month bulk. And yes, I feel that 100g of carb/400cal is enough for me to fuel a 2 hour workout.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Set the alarm for 3:30 this morning, pounded a oats/peanut butter/whey smoothie and passed out for another hour and fifteen. Woke up at 4:45, drank the pwo and headed to the gym for week 2-day 1 of PoB's bigger bench plan. Not bad at all... much better than an empty stomach.

New Threads