Carbs don't make you fat

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And the GI index is BS too. More on that later though...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27901033?dopt=Abstract

The above link suggests that there is not some magical mechanism that creates body fat due to insulin release post carb consumption.

I think a lot of you guys are missing out on better energy and more muscle gains due to your misplaced fear of carbohydrate intake.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
LOL, I went to the gym with my wife this AM. People were yapping on about carbs in the dry sauna. "I try and stay away from carbs" "Yeah, carbs make you fat" blah blah blah. TDEE bitches, calories trump carbs any day and I guarantee these fatties weren't paying any attention to the amount of calories they consumed, they were just dodging carbs thinking they are the end all be all to fat loss.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good carbs won't make you fat..

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Carbs good or bad whatever that means won't make you fat

I dont feel the same on bread as i do on sweet potato ..thats what i mean by good and bad carbs..I react very strongly to carbs in my diet pob ..It can have a positive effect or negative depending on how reckless I am

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I dont feel the same on bread as i do on sweet potato ..thats what i mean by good and bad carbs..I react very strongly to carbs in my diet pob ..It can have a positive effect or negative depending on how reckless I am

Other people are the opposite so it ultimately boils down to personal preference. If you like sweet potatoes then by all means devour that shit like it was good sweaty pussy

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
french fries get me fat..I know the whole macro thing if it all fits it should work..but u gotta admit all carbs are not the same..U get much more out of oatmeal then a soda

French fries are also loaded with fats too don't forget. And at 9 cals per gram in fat it's much easier to blow your cals for the day with that.

If you eat 40 grams of carbs in oats versus 40 grams of carbs from soda your body only sees 40 grams of carbs and it does its thing.

Yeah some people dont feel optimal from carbs like pasta and bread. Some get bloated or kind of sluggish feeling. They do better with rice or potatoes maybe. Some absolutely thrive on a keto diet.

But the important take away that I want to make sure you understand Bundy is that there is no one macro that causes fatness more than any other. Fatness comes from too many calories.

Once that point is understood you then can move on from there and look at what's the best macro breakdown for the way you train.

The right diet is the one that works for YOU. I wouldn't ever lecture at you or anyone for saying - when I eat sugary stuff I don't feel energized I feel like shit. Nothing wrong there at all.

The only time I start avoiding "junk" carbs is when I am watching my intake to lose fat. This is only because when I am starving I would much rather have two cups of jasmine rice versus 3 oreos.

Make sense?

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
I've had 3 carbs built for my various racing engines by Pro Systems. Carbs are expensive as phuck for good ones.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
"
b8f68110fbbc4cfca67299ce37f1318094651fe91b5c067cf6ec14328ff014e0.jpg

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
French fries are also loaded with fats too don't forget. And at 9 cals per gram in fat it's much easier to blow your cals for the day with that.

If you eat 40 grams of carbs in oats versus 40 grams of carbs from soda your body only sees 40 grams of carbs and it does its thing.

Yeah some people dont feel optimal from carbs like pasta and bread. Some get bloated or kind of sluggish feeling. They do better with rice or potatoes maybe. Some absolutely thrive on a keto diet.

But the important take away that I want to make sure you understand Bundy is that there is no one macro that causes fatness more than any other. Fatness comes from too many calories.

Once that point is understood you then can move on from there and look at what's the best macro breakdown for the way you train.

The right diet is the one that works for YOU. I wouldn't ever lecture at you or anyone for saying - when I eat sugary stuff I don't feel energized I feel like shit. Nothing wrong there at all.

The only time I start avoiding "junk" carbs is when I am watching my intake to lose fat. This is only because when I am starving I would much rather have two cups of jasmine rice versus 3 oreos.

Make sense?

yes it does

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Carbs/protein 4cal a gram. Fat is 9, alcohol is 7. It is true. You can have a sweet potato-complex carb, now you fry it and it garbage. empty calories that add no benefit like sofa and chips is what kills our gains or metabolism. Not trying to preach or get long winded i think we all know what good and bad

You're not in a position to be preaching. Respectfully, I encourage you to research human nutrition some more

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
It's factual based info no disrespect the facts dont care who agrees or not.

Which is exactly why you're incorrect but feel free to post objective data to support your assertion so that we may critique it.

New Threads