Chest Progress Vid Journal Log (Journey to 315 PR)

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
I wear gloves...my wife likes my smooth lady hands.

Reaction score
It still doesn't make sense why everyone is so uptight about my mittens, I happened to always wear gloves when working, now just happen to need wraps, so I bought a 2 in one deal, anyways, the joke is old now lol ... I have a 315 PR waiting for me, Im hoping to get it before 2017 and hot 225 on free bench 10 reps

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Serious question how were u always hurting your back? If u wanna get stronger and are serious about it u can't be scared of getting hurt.

From the looks of it its obvious your form can use some help.

Reaction score
Serious question how were u always hurting your back? If u wanna get stronger and are serious about it u can't be scared of getting hurt.

From the looks of it its obvious your form can use some help.

Herniated lower disc, I think injured few years back in motocross, never let it recover all the way, kept reinjuring by going to heavy in the gym after not going for a while

Any advice is welcome, but I'm not giving up my mittens!! Lol

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
What movements hurt your back? Bench? Squat? Etc.

Reaction score
What movements hurt your back? Bench? Squat? Etc.

Both, including standing curls, any moderate weight pressing my spine down or trying to support my posture during standing curls would tweak something and I'm out for 1-2 months barely walking, at times would hurt my back washing my car, it was a joke, a frustrating one at that.

This is where my silly YouTube Vlogs gave me hope and what actually helped me lifting as much as I do now, I thought I could never lift this much again. The Vlogs forced me to moderate myself, thinking maybe there are others who are just starting out as well so I had to pace myself up to this point, now my lower back pain seems to be gone and I almost at the weights that I was 15 years ago. Squats and deadlifts are still a gray are tho. I use leg press instead and feel comfortable with 115 on DL at 15-20 reps

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Both, including standing curls, any moderate weight pressing my spine down or trying to support my posture during standing curls would tweak something and I'm out for 1-2 months barely walking, at times would hurt my back washing my car, it was a joke, a frustrating one at that.

This is where my silly YouTube Vlogs gave me hope and what actually helped me lifting as much as I do now, I thought I could never lift this much again. The Vlogs forced me to moderate myself, thinking maybe there are others who are just starting out as well so I had to pace myself up to this point, now my lower back pain seems to be gone and I almost at the weights that I was 15 years ago. Squats and deadlifts are still a gray are tho. I use leg press instead and feel comfortable with 115 on DL at 15-20 reps
That's all fine and dandy bro. But it seemed like you were trying to shill your YouTube channel here. I applaud you for being in the gym. But no one (here) cares about you benching or dl 135.

Reaction score
That's all fine and dandy bro. But it seemed like you were trying to shill your YouTube channel here. I applaud you for being in the gym. But no one (here) cares about you benching or dl 135.

It's a journal progress thread, my 6 month journey and my motivation to reaching my goals, I don't care if nobody cares, or maybe it will motivate someone else as well. Every Level I tried to either bump up the weight or push for more reps, and that's how I'm reaching my goals, by keep pushing forward.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I think u have potential to lift heavy again on squats and pulls. U need yo strengthen the area around those discs slowly and steadily and over time it'll be a thing of the past.

I agree with silver man, we welcome everyone here and are open to a lot of shit but no one likes when people try to push their YouTube channels. We see it all the time. People make one post with a link in it and never see them again. Hang around and learn. In sure the experienced guys around here are willing to help u strengthen up those weak points and get u lifting some heavy ass weight. After all this is a powerlifting forum. Hahaha

Reaction score
Attempted the 225lbs for reps, it was my goal by 2017, reached it a bit earlier, time to get that 315 under the belt!!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah congratulations, now take off those ridiculous ugly gay gloves

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
your a very corny guy with the mittens and rocky in the back...but hey fuk it 225 for 10 is good

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
That used to be my rule when I first started training. When I could get 225 for ten reps I would then try 315. When I got 315 for ten reps I tried 405. Always worked out too.

Reaction score
That used to be my rule when I first started training. When I could get 225 for ten reps I would then try 315. When I got 315 for ten reps I tried 405. Always worked out too.

315 for 10 reps is beast, can still hit that?

Reaction score
Tried the 315 on a smith machine, barely got 315 up, i dont think i can do it on free weight just yet, smith prob takes off about 15lbs or so. I still got a little time before 2017 hits, that 315 PR 1RM is coming tho, i just hope i dont hurt myself like before by pushing myself to hard to fast lol

Reaction score
After i tried the 315 I decided to get a last good workout in on the smith machine, The reason i went to the smith machine int he first place is to see if it will help with my shoulder pain and to continue pushing heavy weight during workouts, i tried the dumbbells but that actually put more strain on my shoulder. Now after about 3-4 weeks on the smith i dont have the shoulder pain anymore so i suppose it helped. Will be going back to free bench for now and see how it goes.

New Threads