First visit to endo the other day..

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Well, I'm doing injections at home (they think my wife is doing them) so they're calling in a script for the test and syringes. I'm figuring when I go back in for my results after the retest, when my level is still super low, I'll start asking questions. Tell him I've been doing research on the half life and all that. If that don't work out I'll just have to take my labs and find another endo. Why in the hell would he want me injecting every 3 weeks? I'd halfway understand every 2 weeks, but why 3? Theres no way I can get steady levels at that rate.

Reaction score
He should have had you do a complete blood work showing test levels, free test, ldl/hdl, estro, and depending on your history and such, lh and fsh.
Know where your numbers are at first, that will be huge help to figuring out what you need to do next

Reaction score
Oh btw, when I had mine done a while back... they recommended 1 shot /month and I actually said "Are you crazy?" then explained how blood plasma levels work and test release and the actual half life (they gave me test E) and that I would not be touching it unless it was at least 1x every 2 weeks max... sure enough, he agreed and then followed up with "the stuff we use for TRT has a different half life" ... i said "sure" and that as that...

more fluctuation in your blood plasma levels the more sides your going to see!

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My first thought was, find a different doctor. Mine is a PCP and prescribes testosterone and syringes. I buy syringes online, split my weekly dose in 2, and inject twice per week. Actually, I'm going to be switching to my Urologist and he will do the same. He was prescribing anastrozole for me previously, but I don't take any AI now.

Also, when it's time for my blood work, I skip a week dose. Otherwise, these Doctors will judge your need for TRT by your current levels, which are the result of taking testosterone. I've had them say I didn't need it because my levels were normal or high. now, I do that and get my blood done privately to obtain an accurate assessment.

So I had my first visit with and endocrinologist a few days ago, and I have mixed feelings. They have my medical history, so they know I've been prescribed this gel for a long time now. The guy said we can do shots, but they'd be once every 3 weeks, and I'll have to come into the office to get them done. Now, he said I can bring my wife and she can observe and do them at home. But one shot every 3 weeks? I'm doing 4 pumps of androgel (like 80mg of test) a day.. the other thing is he sent me for another blood test. Now I'm no genius, but taking 80mg of test a day isn't gonna have my blood test showing low testosterone. So what can I expect? Can I just take the shot every 3 weeks for a while and ask for an increase in dose? Is he even gonna prescribe me anything if my test comes back in the normal range? And my last blood test had my total test at 310. He says this is normal. I'm not thinking so.. Any advice would be great fellas.

Last edited:

New Threads