Can anyone recommend a good recomp or anabolic cutting cycle for a first timer

dirkmcgirk

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good recomp or anabolic cutting cycle for a first timer

I've been on TRT for about 3 years and never have gone on a real cycle. I did take 300mg while on a my first and only serious cut for 12 weeks (lost about 25lbs) and then reverted back to my 175-200mg of test cyp a week. I have rotator cuff surgery in January 2017 and want to take my body to another level while im doing PT and letting my shoulder heal. Im currently 235lbs about 14-15% bodyfat(4 of my 6 abdominals are visible, especially in the morning). Sermorelin is the only compound I have any real experience with and have enjoyed the benefits of it thus far.

So what are my next steps. I am not trying to step on stage in boardshorts or become a mass monster, just want to look like a better version of my current self. Little bigger, little leaner. Boxing is my sport of choice, but the docs says i'll be a several months away from that after the surgery. So while being bigger isn't necessarily conducive to boxing, because I don't do it professionally I don't mind taking a little bit of an endurance hit.

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
i may be off base here and i'm sure if i'm wrong, the more experieced will school us both but... if you've been on trt for so long and you've upped the dosage once, why not just try that again? no real need in putting different chemicals in your body for a very first time during a healing period from surgery. i feel like your best bet is to change your diet and not really a cycle at this point.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Taking your body to another level and recovering from surgery are contradictory goals.
With that said, 600mg of Test is plenty to help you recomp while recovering provided your diet is dialed in (I wouldn't eat less than maintenance).

I'd also like to add that the advice you were given on Ology (that complicated bullshit involving Primo, anabolic cutting and whatever other nonsense mentioned by a clueless member) is not the right way to go about this. Primo in your situation is absolutely not necessary IMO and a poor investment as far as price/reward goes.
As you said in that thread, its like bringing a bazooka to a fist fight :)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been on TRT for about 3 years and never have gone on a real cycle. I did take 300mg while on a my first and only serious cut for 12 weeks (lost about 25lbs) and then reverted back to my 175-200mg of test cyp a week. I have rotator cuff surgery in January 2017 and want to take my body to another level while im doing PT and letting my shoulder heal. Im currently 235lbs about 14-15% bodyfat(4 of my 6 abdominals are visible, especially in the morning). Sermorelin is the only compound I have any real experience with and have enjoyed the benefits of it thus far.

So what are my next steps. I am not trying to step on stage in boardshorts or become a mass monster, just want to look like a better version of my current self. Little bigger, little leaner. Boxing is my sport of choice, but the docs says i'll be a several months away from that after the surgery. So while being bigger isn't necessarily conducive to boxing, because I don't do it professionally I don't mind taking a little bit of an endurance hit.

Since you won't be able to do much in the gym after the surgery that's going to limit your calories quite a bit. The test alone could make a huge difference in atrophy during this time.

I dont know what your health history is and why you wound up on trt but...

You could try a low dose of tren. Maybe 250 per week of tren E. That will definitely stop any muscle atrophy and most users find fat loss comes a bit quicker on this.

It's got a lot of side effects though so start reading up on user experiences with tren.

Another option could be a 30 day run of dnp at 250 per day.

Keep in mind after surgery you won't be on another level at all. You will be in recovery. Waste of tren imo.

dirkmcgirk

Reaction score
Taking your body to another level and recovering from surgery are contradictory goals.
With that said, 600mg of Test is plenty to help you recomp while recovering provided your diet is dialed in (I wouldn't eat less than maintenance).

I'd also like to add that the advice you were given on Ology (that complicated bullshit involving Primo, anabolic cutting and whatever other nonsense mentioned by a clueless member) is not the right way to go about this. Primo in your situation is absolutely not necessary IMO and a poor investment as far as price/reward goes.
As you said in that thread, its like bringing a bazooka to a fist fight :)

Thanks Zilla. My concern about the high test or at least what i would consider high for what is essentially a first timer, is that i'll bloat the **** up. My e2 is alredy a little tempermental(nothing crazy but still not as predictable as i'd like it to be). Additionally, folks are implying the primo or tren or whatever will provide a different spin on my appearance that test alone, even at 600mg a week won't do. I don't want to do a compound for the **** of it like a 16 year old, but i do want another edge

dirkmcgirk

Reaction score
Since you won't be able to do much in the gym after the surgery that's going to limit your calories quite a bit. The test alone could make a huge difference in atrophy during this time.

I dont know what your health history is and why you wound up on trt but...

You could try a low dose of tren. Maybe 250 per week of tren E. That will definitely stop any muscle atrophy and most users find fat loss comes a bit quicker on this.

It's got a lot of side effects though so start reading up on user experiences with tren.

Another option could be a 30 day run of dnp at 250 per day.

Keep in mind after surgery you won't be on another level at all. You will be in recovery. Waste of tren imo.

My surgeon seems to think because i essentially have 80-90% range of motion(way more than most rotator cuff tears) and im healthy as a horse that I should be moving and grooving after the first week in terms of training the rest of my body.
I got on TRT because my test took a dip to 400 when i entered my early 30s. I wouldn't mind trying tren, but jeez i would still get sides even from a low dose of Tren E?

Every board in existence seems to preach against using DNP as cutting agent. I think I'm not hardcore enough nor fat enough for that.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My surgeon seems to think because i essentially have 80-90% range of motion(way more than most rotator cuff tears) and im healthy as a horse that I should be moving and grooving after the first week in terms of training the rest of my body.
I got on TRT because my test took a dip to 400 when i entered my early 30s. I wouldn't mind trying tren, but jeez i would still get sides even from a low dose of Tren E?

Every board in existence seems to preach against using DNP as cutting agent. I think I'm not hardcore enough nor fat enough for that.

fat people shouldnt use dnp..You can still get sides even with low dose tren but it wont kill u..

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Thanks Zilla. My concern about the high test or at least what i would consider high for what is essentially a first timer, is that i'll bloat the **** up. My e2 is alredy a little tempermental(nothing crazy but still not as predictable as i'd like it to be). Additionally, folks are implying the primo or tren or whatever will provide a different spin on my appearance that test alone, even at 600mg a week won't do. I don't want to do a compound for the **** of it like a 16 year old, but i do want another edge

That's what an AI was made for - regular bloodwork and E2 control will keep you from bloating up. Its up to you man, but I just don't see the need to spend big in this scenario - low dose tren like POB said, Mast or even EQ > Primo IMO.

Also, most boards are anti-DNP because they contain clueless members who spread whatever broscience they hear from other clueless members - for what its worth, I've been using it on/off since 2012.
With that said, I don't recommend DNP in your situation because blocking anabolic pathways isn't really what we're looking for right now.

Last edited:

dirkmcgirk

Reaction score
That's what an AI was made for - regular bloodwork and E2 control will keep you from bloating up. Its up to you man, but I just don't see the need to spend big in this scenario - low dose tren like POB said, Mast or even EQ > Primo IMO.

Also, most boards are anti-DNP because they contain clueless members who spread whatever broscience they hear from other clueless members - for what its worth, I've been using it on/off since 2012.
With that said, I don't recommend DNP in your situation because blocking anabolic pathways isn't really what we're looking for right now.

Ripped it seems like folks are making out DNP to be the boogey-man the same way they made Steroids out to be the boogey man in the 80s and 90s. When you say it blocks anabolic pathways, i had no idea. I thought it just raised your body temp and that's it. No effect on your thyroid, just the risk of taking too much

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

If you haven't figured out how to control your e2 then before you start adding anything else in let's get you up to speed on doing just that. All future cycles will have you bumping your test dose up so this is necessary. Gotta crawl first.

So here is what you will need

Arimidex or aromasin
Nolvadex or rolaxafine
Access and funds for bloodwork from a private lab

Bump your test to 500 to 600 per week split into two doses using either cyp or enanthate.

Start taking arimidex at about .25mg e3d or just day after shots. Or aromasin at 12.5mg day after shots.

After 4 to 6 weeks of this have blood work done. If things look right then good. If elevated bump the ai dose and repeat in 2 more weeks.

Keep a food log to see if this is dietary. Include as close of an estimate as you can on not just cals but sodium too.

If gyno starts to flare up add the nolva at 20mg daily. I have not used rolaxifine so I can't suggest dosing or frequency.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lots of good advice here by the fellas. I'm sure you already know that rotator cuff surgery can be a long recovery. Depending on the amount of damage. You will have limited use of the shoulder for quite sometime. I'm thinking that you will only be able to to cardio & lower body. Not ideal for gaining mass, but losing some body fat sure. I'd go with just bumping the test up and/or low tren.

Primo in my opinion is highly overrated. You need a mod to high dose over a long period for even decent results. I've run it at over 1g for 29 weeks & wasn't thrilled with the results. I'd say the investment to result was not even close to worth while. Also Primo is highly faked.

dirkmcgirk

Reaction score
If you haven't figured out how to control your e2 then before you start adding anything else in let's get you up to speed on doing just that. All future cycles will have you bumping your test dose up so this is necessary. Gotta crawl first.

So here is what you will need

Arimidex or aromasin
Nolvadex or rolaxafine
Access and funds for bloodwork from a private lab

Bump your test to 500 to 600 per week split into two doses using either cyp or enanthate.

Start taking arimidex at about .25mg e3d or just day after shots. Or aromasin at 12.5mg day after shots.

After 4 to 6 weeks of this have blood work done. If things look right then good. If elevated bump the ai dose and repeat in 2 more weeks.

Keep a food log to see if this is dietary. Include as close of an estimate as you can on not just cals but sodium too.

If gyno starts to flare up add the nolva at 20mg daily. I have not used rolaxifine so I can't suggest dosing or frequency.

Thanks Gents!! My wife so happens to be a doctor and I get my bloodwork done very very frequently and it's still not enough to her liking. The only time I've ever had an issue with gyno was when I ****ed up and took some pro hormones when I was 20 years old, but that seemed to go away on it's own, but clearly if I start creeping into the 16, 17, 18% bodyfat category i'll get extremely concerned about the possibility of it. Which is why I haven't had that high of a bodyfat in 2 years

WRT to the 500-600mg of test what should I be expecting from running something like that on a cut? When I ran 300mg 2 years ago for 12 weeks with 75mcg of t3 a day I didn't see any changes to my outside appearance other than reduced bodyfat. I did however become a little stronger despite taking in less calories. Having said, what am I getting from 600 or a lose dose of tren that I'm not getting with 300?

Thanks again fellas

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Focus on getting the surgery over with, rehabbing and getting back to where you where. Once you get to that point, use it as your launch pad for your next blast. Hit the test at 600 mg for 16 weeks and you'll be happy. Blood work done at 4 weeks and adjust your AI as needed. The difference between the 200mg and the 300mg isn't really that much but at 500-600 and over 16 weeks, you'll see a nice change.

Control your body weight with diet and cardio. Use a bathroom scale, a mirror and a tape to log your change. Tape yourself before you start your cycle so you have something to compare too.

Sorry to be a went blanket on running anything sooner but I think you can do what you need on your own. If I were you, I may look into some NPP right after you go under the knife. Not sure how you feel about that but it may help. I'm sure that could be debated but I would do it.

dirkmcgirk

Reaction score
Focus on getting the surgery over with, rehabbing and getting back to where you where. Once you get to that point, use it as your launch pad for your next blast. Hit the test at 600 mg for 16 weeks and you'll be happy. Blood work done at 4 weeks and adjust your AI as needed. The difference between the 200mg and the 300mg isn't really that much but at 500-600 and over 16 weeks, you'll see a nice change.

Control your body weight with diet and cardio. Use a bathroom scale, a mirror and a tape to log your change. Tape yourself before you start your cycle so you have something to compare too.

Sorry to be a went blanket on running anything sooner but I think you can do what you need on your own. If I were you, I may look into some NPP right after you go under the knife. Not sure how you feel about that but it may help. I'm sure that could be debated but I would do it.

I've heard anavar and igf-1 are good for surgery recovery any thoughts?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Ripped it seems like folks are making out DNP to be the boogey-man the same way they made Steroids out to be the boogey man in the 80s and 90s. When you say it blocks anabolic pathways, i had no idea. I thought it just raised your body temp and that's it. No effect on your thyroid, just the risk of taking too much
DNP inhibits protein synthesis via AMPK activation, hence not really ideal for your situation (it won't block the effects of AAS completely obviously but any sort of negative effect in an injury-recovery phase is unwanted).

WRT to the 500-600mg of test what should I be expecting from running something like that on a cut? When I ran 300mg 2 years ago for 12 weeks with 75mcg of t3 a day I didn't see any changes to my outside appearance other than reduced bodyfat. I did however become a little stronger despite taking in less calories. Having said, what am I getting from 600 or a lose dose of tren that I'm not getting with 300?
Thanks again fellas
Take a look at this study & discussion to see the big difference between 300 vs 600mg: Testosterone-dose-relationships-in-healthy-young-men

I've heard anavar and igf-1 are good for surgery recovery any thoughts?
Anavar may be helpful, the data I've seen is conflicting and I haven't had any clients use it for injury recovery so I'll let others give their opinions on that.
I have seen EQ help with muscle & tendon issues but, again, you've got to run it for a long time...manage your RBCs...and so on.

You won't find any IGF-1 worth buying, well, anywhere in all honesty.

Lean_dude27

Reaction score
DNP inhibits protein synthesis via AMPK activation, hence not really ideal for your situation (it won't block the effects of AAS completely obviously but any sort of negative effect in an injury-recovery phase is unwanted).

Take a look at this study & discussion to see the big difference between 300 vs 600mg: Testosterone-dose-relationships-in-healthy-young-men

Anavar may be helpful, the data I've seen is conflicting and I haven't had any clients use it for injury recovery so I'll let others give their opinions on that.
I have seen EQ help with muscle & tendon issues but, again, you've got to run it for a long time...manage your RBCs...and so on.

You won't find any IGF-1 worth buying, well, anywhere in all honesty.

that chick in your dp, sexy af! lol
always giving great advice with studies! keep it up bro

New Threads