Who knows TVs?

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Wanna get a new TV. Mines getting lines and shit in it. Looking for 50-55 inch. I ain't getting one of those uhd TVs cus they're way too much right now. Just looking for a good smart TV. I like Samsung shit but don't know much about TVs these days. Any help is much appreciated.

And I wanna get one of those Sony soundbars. Things sound sickkkkkkk in the store.

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
messing with you brother. you can't go wrong with samsung. I have a 65 and a 55. No complaints here.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like Samsung TVs I retired an old school Mitsubishi 65" (retro/old for you millennial fuks) Replaced it with a Sammy. The Samsungs are actually one that can be worked on if you have problems.

That looks like a good deal EKS

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
We had a samsung plasma for yrs before it took a shit and then just got a samsung 55" led smart to replace it, room size this is max size for best viewing. Thus far very happy with it

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I don't like the Samsung because I don't like the smarthub feature. It's picky, but it loads slowly and if you turn the tv off...it boots like a computer. I like my LG.

Best tv deals are day after thanksgiving....right before the Super Bowl. Wait another month. Save $$$.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I don't like the Samsung because I don't like the smarthub feature. It's picky, but it loads slowly and if you turn the tv off...it boots like a computer. I like my LG.

Best tv deals are day after thanksgiving....right before the Super Bowl. Wait another month. Save $$$.

I've always liked Sony TVs until my wife bought me a Samsung years ago. Any idea how the smart features are on the sony?

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've always liked Sony TVs until my wife bought me a Samsung years ago. Any idea how the smart features are on the sony?

U let your wife buy u a TV???? Time to turn in your man card....Did u buy your wife a blender recently, how bout curtains?

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
U let your wife buy u a TV???? Time to turn in your man card....Did u buy your wife a blender recently, how bout curtains?

Hahaha actually she was my girlfriend at the time about 11 years ago and spent 2400 dollars on one of the first flat screen TVs that came out. Pretty good if u ask me.

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Dude f a tv. No time for that when your benching over 500lbs and being a beast in the gym.

Reaction score
Got the Samsung curved 65" not too long ago and loving it. Pricing are steadily coming down as well.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's all about sorting out the options X. I have Samsung tv's & not had much of an issue. However, one model has more HDMI ports than the other. If you are hooking up multiple gaming systems, DVD player and/or Fire stick you'll want more ports. I'm sure if you google you can find multiple articles on which features are good & which are meh.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Last Sony I owned had a CRT in it and weighed a bajillion pounds. But I heard they are pretty good. Can't speak from knowledge, though.

It's all about sorting out the options X. I have Samsung tv's & not had much of an issue. However, one model has more HDMI ports than the other. If you are hooking up multiple gaming systems, DVD player and/or Fire stick you'll want more ports. I'm sure if you google you can find multiple articles on which features are good & which are meh.

Look at this elitist TV bastard. Probably has recessed fixtures illuminating his army of tvs. One day....

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
CRT's are better for propping up old cars and lawnmowers.

Food for thought.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
CRT's are better for propping up old cars and lawnmowers.

Food for thought.

Also good for strongman competition training.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
And for throwing off your roof on to your driveway.

Which, lets face it, is a lot more fun than anything you'd actually watch on TV.

X, I think you know which one you want.

New Threads