23 too early for first test e cycle?

Reaction score
5’8” 182lbs been weight training for 3 years but looking to add some more size in upperbody. First cycle idea is Test E for 12 weeks 500mg a week and a good AI then follow up with a good pct. Wanna hear opinions. Will be 24 in 3 months.

Last edited:

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
More then likely you wont listen like more young guys but here it is... Way too young to play with aas.
I gained more real mass natty at your age then at 40 on aas . kids just dont realize the effects of shutting down their naturals.

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
More then likely you wont listen like more young guys but here it is... Way too young to play with aas.
I gained more real mass natty at your age then at 40 on aas . kids just dont realize the effects of shutting down their naturals.

I agree 100%.

Reaction score
Im not disagreeing with you it saying I’m gonna go against you advice but would 1 cycle be enough to shutdown my natural system enough to cause issues in the future. Reason I kind ask is because I’ve already paid and got the gear in hand. Thanks for the advice.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Some of us screwed ourselves up running totally legal (at the time) prohormones just a couple of times. It's your life but I would stay natty personally.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Im not disagreeing with you it saying I’m gonna go against you advice but would 1 cycle be enough to shutdown my natural system enough to cause issues in the future. Reason I kind ask is because I’ve already paid and got the gear in hand. Thanks for the advice.

Yes one cycle is enough...you have ai? Bloodwork? Done any real research? This is serious business....not to mention you lose a lot when you come off...doing 1 cycle to me is completely pointless and not worth the risk.my .02

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just run it. That's a perfect age.

Reactions: HDH

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
I know it's tempting . just know aas isnt magic . like said when you come off most likely lose most of the gains.
At your age food and training will do wonders. And yes 1 cycle can mess up your naturals from coming back.
You want kids some day? You need to think of the future. Seriously train hard and eat .

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
You get the most out of the test(or any cycle) if your diet and training are on point. I’d say you’re a little on the young side and to give yourself a few more years of learning how to eat and train and make more natural gains then run that cycle at 27 or 28. And yes you will be shut down would definitely want to run some hcg during the cycle to help recover.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
5’8” 182lbs been weight training for 3 years but looking to add some more size in upperbody. First cycle idea is Test E for 12 weeks 500mg a week and a good AI then follow up with a good pct. Wanna hear opinions. Will be 24 in 3 months.

It's not so much the age but the stats and experience. You can accomplish a lot more naturally and going on now is a bit premature.

Are you having challenges that got you looking into jewce? What are those challenges?

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We have a member here that goes by the name "Jada" ... he guides new members in this topic

He's a current future SI pro

Dbolitarian

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know it's tempting . just know aas isnt magic . like said when you come off most likely lose most of the gains.
At your age food and training will do wonders. And yes 1 cycle can mess up your naturals from coming back.
You want kids some day? You need to think of the future. Seriously train hard and eat .
On the money

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Reason I kind ask is because I’ve already paid and got the gear in hand. Thanks for the advice.

You asked if it's too young at 23 y.o. but already made your mind up. I'm not giving you an answer but I will provide you with some knowledge.

I have no idea where you are at but let me make it simple and general.

At your height and say 190 lbs...to:
Bench 300 lbs, you don't need AAS
Dead lift 450 lbs, you don't need AAS
Squat 450 lbs, you don't need AAS
Have 16" arms, you don't need AAS
Have 24" thighs, you don't need AAS

What you do need for the above is time and the desire to achieve those goal.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
I trained from age 12 to age 50 before I injected Test. Not everyone's the same.
Today, kids just jump on everything, I find it odd,but I know the times have changed.
My muscle is real, many today that jump on for the quick water-weight gains cant say the same.

Personal decision. I would say, get good bloods done and make your choice and think long-term health, it (life) flies by quick my friend.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you asked if it's too young at 23 y.o. But already made your mind up. I'm not giving you an answer but i will provide you with some knowledge.

I have no idea where you are at but let me make it simple and general.

At your height and say 190 lbs...to:
Bench 300 lbs, you don't need aas
dead lift 450 lbs, you don't need aas
squat 450 lbs, you don't need aas
have 16" arms, you don't need aas
have 24" thighs, you don't need aas

what you do need for the above is time and the desire to achieve those goal.

this>>>>>>>

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I started at 23, then again i was training naturally since i was 15. Realized by age 17 the results I wanted were not obtainable naturally so i researched every chemical i could, every AI, knew the dosage range, knew the side effects, knew the drugs to take to combat the sides, etc. Then jumped on at 23.

Like Pillar said, it all depends what your goals are. Are they obtainable naturally? Then don't touch the stuff. Like others have said your test levels are never guaranteed to come back the same as before. If they are not obtainable naturally you have some choices to make.
1. Are you in this for life? Bc you will end up on TRT after years of running gear.
2. Notice how i said years? That's more than likely what its going to take to reach your goal. And then to keep your physique you will need to continue using to keep it. Its like dieting, the way you ate to reach the physique you got is how you have to eat now to obtain it.
3. Are you ok taking time off your life? Get a total eval from your doctor. Even if your a clean bill of health there is no guarantee problems will not arise in the future.

Other than that you're an adult and can make your own decision. Good luck and stick around.

Last edited:

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I started lifting at 8 years old. Asked for a lee haney bench/pulldown/leg extension and curl for my 8th xmas. Could bench 415 by the time I was 20. Im 35 now and just now contemplating my first run and that's only bc Im already on trt. I am obsessively proud about what Ive been able to accomplish naturally. I could not say the same had I run gear early. Who knows, I might not have even been able to have my own kid had I started young.

Reaction score
These guys are on point! I asked about starting aas my first post in this forum and let me tell you these guys are great and they really know there stuff and are happy to help you in anyway they can...don't be afraid to ask stupid questions and don't be afraid to message these guys...I've only been in here for a short time but already learned more then you can Google, as they have told me be natural and eat eat eat and sleep sleep sleep. I love this place already but have me news I didn't want to hear which is just eat lol

Reactions: Jin