I have no clue - New guy

Reaction score
So im 38 years old. Have worked out for years. Im in good shape 5 11 170 lbs. All this time i have worked out busted my ass in the gym and i have a 6 pack with love handles and i usually get the skinny comments. Alot of out of shape people think im ripped.

I take the creatine and protein supplements. But ive never seen the real aesthetic gains in my life.

I have no clue what test or any of this other stuff means. I have a family history of heart conditions so this shit scares me to death.i dont even know how to get it honestly.

But am i realistic by saying i will never get the aesthetic gains naturally? Are all these before and after pics guys on steroids?

Is any of it safe? My worry is ill lose my libido and then have to supplement to get my levels up for the rest of my life.

Sorry for the babbling.. i just need a reality check

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UG. I would think you could put on some more size with a better nutrition plan. Depends how HUGE u wanna be.
!S!

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome read on the board here and you will find all of the information you need!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wtf is getting aesthetic gains? If you want to be a skinny guy with abs you don't need steroids. If you want to be moderately large with abs you don't need steroids.

You probably just need to do something different in the gym.

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard bud

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Dude, you're all over the board. How about you start up a thread and pick an item you would like to fix and tackle that. Get the steroid idea out of your head for now. Once you're on track, we can return to talking about AAS.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. Your approaching 40 years old. Your natural testosterone is likely falling due to age. I'd recommend on your next physical get your testosterone tested. Know for sure where your at.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the board! I used to be like you I think.... I was a guy who was always in better shape than most of my friends and I was always chasing after what I believed to be ascetically pleasing and I tried to do it on very little calories... I believed that I could get bigger and "ripped" by taking in as little as I needed and just suppliment to get all my micro-needs... I thought I only needed around 2k calories per day (or less). I also believed that carbs would make me fat as I assume that you believe as well... Its a lie though that I was believing... You need calories to grow. You also need to gain (some) fat to get some serious gains in muscle mass... there is no way around it. After you start growing, then you can start dialing it in and reduce bodyfat levels, but you just gotta make your peace with eating dude. You gotta start eating first and then you will grow. I almost guarantee you are not eating nearly enough calories.
Heres my question: What does your diet look like? What are your macros? Lets start there.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
welcome. start a thread with your diet and goals. that will help the fellas get a better idea as to what you are wanting to do and may lead to more help..

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Well of course he's not getting enough calories, he's a buck 70. That or he has a tapeworm.

Exactly. I dont like to assume, but in this case it almost would be foolish to not make this assertation.