Feedback on first cycle

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I won't be doing a cycle for a little while still, but I wanted to prepare for when I do and make sure I have everything right. I was thinking of doing a basic TEST e cycle. Sorry if you get a lot of these threads but I just want to be certain i'm doing things correct.

Week 1-10 Test E 500mg a week (250mg shots, one Monday mornings the other Thursday evenings)
Week 1-4 Dianabol 25mg everyday
Week 5-10 HCG 500iu a week

PCT Weeks 14-17
Week 14: 100mg Clomid ED and 40mg Nolva ED
Week 15: 100mg Clomid ED and 40mg Nolva ED
Week 16: 50mg Clomid ED and 20mg Nolva ED
Week 17: 50mg Clomid ED and 20mg Nolva ED

I will also have Arimidex 1mg/tabs on hand to use when needed.

Do you guys have any feedback, anything I should change/add or something I'm forgetting?
Also I have been doing some research on EQ cycles, I keep seeing mixed reviews about it, has anyone ever used test e and eq for a first cycle? Is it worth it?

Thanks for reading

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What are your current stats and what is your plan for this cycle. I've mentioned this before even though there is a sticky saying otherwise. I am not one to recommend adding dbol to your 1st cycle. It's just not wise or even necessary. Your gains ( depending on your goal ) will be plenty enough on test alone. Forget the EQ as well. Just TEST! 12weeks, 500-600 mgs per week.

Reaction score
What are your current stats and what is your plan for this cycle. I've mentioned this before even though there is a sticky saying otherwise. I am not one to recommend adding dbol to your 1st cycle. It's just not wise or even necessary. Your gains ( depending on your goal ) will be plenty enough on test alone. Forget the EQ as well. Just TEST! 12weeks, 500-600 mgs per week.

Ok thanks, I will forget the EQ and dbol for my first cycle. I was thinking of upping it to 12 weeks also so I may do that. I'm currently 6'0 186 lbs and 11% bf the last time I checked, i'm going to get it checked again before the cycle. Also my goal will be to add mass. Does the HCG and pct look good to you?

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I will forget the EQ and dbol for my first cycle. I was thinking of upping it to 12 weeks also so I may do that. I'm currently 6'0 186 lbs and 11% bf the last time I checked, i'm going to get it checked again before the cycle. Also my goal will be to add mass. Does the HCG and pct look good to you?

Good. Glad to see you'll just stick with the test. Your stats are pretty decent and your goal is the right choice to go with your current stats. The hcg and pct is standard practice. Train hard and heavy, make sure you adjust your cals as your mass increases. You should easily hit over 200 lbs with this cycle.

Reaction score
Good. Glad to see you'll just stick with the test. Your stats are pretty decent and your goal is the right choice to go with your current stats. The hcg and pct is standard practice. Train hard and heavy, make sure you adjust your cals as your mass increases. You should easily hit over 200 lbs with this cycle.

Thanks again, will make sure I increase my cals for sure. 200lbs + is what I am aiming for so that is good.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
1st cycle is.the best. Hell after the 1st shot I went nuts in the gym.
Test at 500 a week is perfect 1st. I did that and dbol 2nd cycle.
Both I gained big time. Have fun with it seems like you are one of the different new.guys and did your research. Good for you

Reaction score
1st cycle is.the best. Hell after the 1st shot I went nuts in the gym.
Test at 500 a week is perfect 1st. I did that and dbol 2nd cycle.
Both I gained big time. Have fun with it seems like you are one of the different new.guys and did your research. Good for you

Been trying to research the most I can, since like you said the 1st cycle is the best I keep hearing so i'm trying to get it right.

Also can I take HCG the same days I inject the test when I start hcg? Or is it better to do it different days.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Been trying to research the most I can, since like you said the 1st cycle is the best I keep hearing so i'm trying to get it right.

Also can I take HCG the same days I inject the test when I start hcg? Or is it better to do it different days.

Just make sure you have your diet dialed in at 110% and keep it dialed in after your cycle, otherwise, you WILL lose all your gains. Once you add all that mass, you will no longer be able to eat what you are used too to maintain, you will have to get the cals up if you want to keep the size. There are no exceptions to this.

Reaction score
Personally never saw the need to run both clomid and nolva. I normally stick to clomid. I have had no issues post cycle with low test using just clomid. It's fine to stack them, but I never saw a reason for both. Perhaps someone else could explain the need for both?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Personally never saw the need to run both clomid and nolva. I normally stick to clomid. I have had no issues post cycle with low test using just clomid. It's fine to stack them, but I never saw a reason for both. Perhaps someone else could explain the need for both?
Because it increases your chances of a solid recovery. Why would you not want the best chance possible?

Reaction score
Just make sure you have your diet dialed in at 110% and keep it dialed in after your cycle, otherwise, you WILL lose all your gains. Once you add all that mass, you will no longer be able to eat what you are used too to maintain, you will have to get the cals up if you want to keep the size. There are no exceptions to this.

Thanks man, I personally think I will have no problem with my diet as I've had it in check for awhile now.

Because it increases your chances of a solid recovery. Why would you not want the best chance possible?

Also this is what I have been reading so I decided to use both.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can run that dbol if you want.

Way too much clomid for pct. 50 would be the max dose. Taking more won't benefit you.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You will be happier with the extra 2 weeks. If you're going to get shut down, make it worth it.

Pass on the Dbol for now.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank you, that was actually going to be my next question. 50/50/25/25 seem fine to you?

Should be fine yeah

What's with all you guys saying no dbol? What's the big deal?

Reaction score
Briefly. I'm a big believer in starting small and always leaving room for advancement and improvement. Personally, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have taken test until I stopped seeing results from more mild AAS such as Anavar, Winstrol, the Primobolan, or Deca. This way you afford yourself the opportunity to see how you body reacts to AAS before you introduce the heavy androgens such as test. That being said, both of the AAS you mention above are powerful with test being the alpha. I would consider the Dbol by itself starting at:20mg daily for weeks 1 & 2
25mg daily for weeks 3 & 4
30mg daily for weeks 5 & 6
I know this may not be a "flashy" first cycle but it shouldn't be. It's entry level an should give you good gains while leaving plenty of room for progression. I would consider adding your nolvadex starting week 3. This cycle should also minimize your PCT effort as it is short and shouldn't negatively affect your HPTA nearly as much as what you listed above. I would start my HCG (2000iu every 5 days) on the last week of the cycle and for an additional 2 weeks after. Clomid only needs to be taken for about 2weeks starting at 100mg on the last day of your cycle and reducing to 50mg a week after that. I'm not sure why you were planning to start your clomid 4weeks after your above cycle ended but I would advise against that. Early on it doesn't take much to grow and hopefully this cycle will result in quality gains and end as a positive experience giving you a good idea as to how your body responds to AAS. Not to mention you still have some testE left on the shelf to look forward to for later.

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Briefly. I'm a big believer in starting small and always leaving room for advancement and improvement. Personally, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have taken test until I stopped seeing results from more mild AAS such as Anavar, Winstrol, the Primobolan, or Deca. This way you afford yourself the opportunity to see how you body reacts to AAS before you introduce the heavy androgens such as test. That being said, both of the AAS you mention above are powerful with test being the alpha. I would consider the Dbol by itself starting at:20mg daily for weeks 1 & 2
25mg daily for weeks 3 & 4
30mg daily for weeks 5 & 6
I know this may not be a "flashy" first cycle but it shouldn't be. It's entry level an should give you good gains while leaving plenty of room for progression. I would consider adding your nolvadex starting week 3. This cycle should also minimize your PCT effort as it is short and shouldn't negatively affect your HPTA nearly as much as what you listed above. I would start my HCG (2000iu every 5 days) on the last week of the cycle and for an additional 2 weeks after. Clomid only needs to be taken for about 2weeks starting at 100mg on the last day of your cycle and reducing to 50mg a week after that. I'm not sure why you were planning to start your clomid 4weeks after your above cycle ended but I would advise against that. Early on it doesn't take much to grow and hopefully this cycle will result in quality gains and end as a positive experience giving you a good idea as to how your body responds to AAS. Not to mention you still have some testE left on the shelf to look forward to for later.

That's pretty much entirely contrary to how first cycles should be ran. All cycles should have testosterone as the base compound. Without using testosterone other compounds will shut you down, leaving you with no circulating testosterone. That's no way to go through life. And since all cycles should include testosterone it would make sense to run test alone for a first cycle so you can understand your reaction to testosterone. In future cycles you will then be able to discern sides from test from sides caused by additional compounds.

I'd also disagree that deca is somehow more mild than testosterone. 19-Nor's come with a long hard recovery and some difficult to manage side effects. Not nearly as bad as trenbolone but they happen.

It's not really possible in my opinion to gauge how you react to AAS as you have stated. Each compound has different characteristics. Can't really generalize beyond whether you are a so called "hyper-responder" or not.

Reaction score
That's pretty much entirely contrary to how first cycles should be ran. All cycles should have testosterone as the base compound. Without using testosterone other compounds will shut you down, leaving you with no circulating testosterone. That's no way to go through life. And since all cycles should include testosterone it would make sense to run test alone for a first cycle so you can understand your reaction to testosterone. In future cycles you will then be able to discern sides from test from sides caused by additional compounds.

I'd also disagree that deca is somehow more mild than testosterone. 19-Nor's come with a long hard recovery and some difficult to manage side effects. Not nearly as bad as trenbolone but they happen.

It's not really possible in my opinion to gauge how you react to AAS as you have stated. Each compound has different characteristics. Can't really generalize beyond whether you are a so called "hyper-responder" or not.

That is purely my opinion, take it for what you will. I do not believe testosterone is for novices. Potential side effects can be great. I feel "first cycles" should be with relatively weaker compounds. It is possible to see how your body reacts with regards to side effects which was my meaning.