Injection Pain

Reaction score
This is my first post in this area so I apologize in advance if I sound like an idiot. I searched and didn't see this topic addressed so I will share a few issues I was having.

My very 1st time I had no pain whatsoever. Mild "test flu" but diet, vitamins and a few Advil had this under control within 48 hrs. Then maybe a year or so into usage I had gotten something that honestly was not very reputable and the pain was pretty bad. It was effecting my training, sleep and I could not ride my motorcycle. I figured that was due to shoddy gear and couldn't happen again.

Fast fwd to early 2016 and I had purchased a decent quantity of Sust from a very reputable source. Day 1 after injection, no problem. Day 2 I started feeling the heat and lump. By day 3 there was a melon on my ass and it was what I had experienced all over again. At this point I'm getting nervous that "it's just me" and I either have to suffer through this or not use it. 2 wks from 40 years old and my goals...both choices suck.

I have heated the syringe under hot water to loosen it up. I have injected extremely slow and massaged the area afterwards but it resulted with the same shit.

I've narrowed it down to 2 things. 1: The oil was Sesame Oil. Is it possible I'm having an allergic reaction to that oil? Is there a better alternative? 2: Though it was a reputable source, it's quite possible the gear itself just was a garbage brand. So I'm wondering if this is just a classic case of you get what you pay for and maybe I should have just opted to spend a few more bucks?

Anyway if I said anything that has you vets rolling your eyes, I apologize and will lurk a bit more before posting. Last thing I want to do is shit up a really good looking board. BUT in the event someone has read all this....what the hell do you do when 4 out of 5 times you're getting incredible pain? I'm looking to start bulking and going heavy over the next few months. I really don't want to waste time or money especially if it's something I might be doing wrong.

Thank you in advance.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
I had a couple vials of test prop. 2nd day huge lump and pain. Did a 2nd shot and same thing. I junked them. Bad oil or what ever it was got a different lab and never happened again. Your so called reputable source sucks. Find a different lab.

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
This could be a few things. I think the most likely would be that the gear is bad. Another scenario would be that you are allergic to the type of oil used. I heard from another member on here that they were allergic to sesame oil and any compound with it would cause inflammation and a lot of pain.
I had a time where i went through 2 different sources (all UGL) labs btw and i after each injection i would get a small pain, then 2 or 3 days later inflammation would start to build up quickly and the area was extremely extremely painful. My first thought was that it was a bad "shot" (even though i keep the vials in their boxes, keep the boxes in a closed Tupperware, always wipe the tops with alcohol, clean the area, warm the oil in the syringe, etc, plus my wife is a nurse and she's the one who injects me). Well that first shot was in my shoulder. It was bad and i had to take antibiotics for it to go away. Second shot, i did my glute, same thing. Third shot i did my glute again with about 1cc only. Same dam thing. At this point i threw it away and got a new lab (another UGL from local source). well long story short, same thing happened and took so many antibiotics those weeks and months that in the end i had to switch the medicine because they were doing nothing. In the end i went with a more trusted source (locally as well) and bam, gone no pain no nothing.
So my take on this is its most likely bad stuff, yes maybe some people will have allergic reactions to some oils but thats pretty uncommon, even rare.
Try to look for another source. BTW u said something about u should have paid more for something else or something like that, most UG labs have around the same price on the streets retail wise so unless your getting real pharma with a prescription they should be around the same price.

Reaction score
This could be a few things. I think the most likely would be that the gear is bad. Another scenario would be that you are allergic to the type of oil used. I heard from another member on here that they were allergic to sesame oil and any compound with it would cause inflammation and a lot of pain.
I had a time where i went through 2 different sources (all UGL) labs btw and i after each injection i would get a small pain, then 2 or 3 days later inflammation would start to build up quickly and the area was extremely extremely painful. My first thought was that it was a bad "shot" (even though i keep the vials in their boxes, keep the boxes in a closed Tupperware, always wipe the tops with alcohol, clean the area, warm the oil in the syringe, etc, plus my wife is a nurse and she's the one who injects me). Well that first shot was in my shoulder. It was bad and i had to take antibiotics for it to go away. Second shot, i did my glute, same thing. Third shot i did my glute again with about 1cc only. Same dam thing. At this point i threw it away and got a new lab (another UGL from local source). well long story short, same thing happened and took so many antibiotics those weeks and months that in the end i had to switch the medicine because they were doing nothing. In the end i went with a more trusted source (locally as well) and bam, gone no pain no nothing.
So my take on this is its most likely bad stuff, yes maybe some people will have allergic reactions to some oils but thats pretty uncommon, even rare.
Try to look for another source. BTW u said something about u should have paid more for something else or something like that, most UG labs have around the same price on the streets retail wise so unless your getting real pharma with a prescription they should be around the same price.

Thanks for a great response. Some stuff to keep in mind as I'm about to make a purchase again.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some are more sensitive to short acting esters, Test Prop knots me up and I know its not bunk product. Test Acetate is another one I cant take as it will cause knotting as well. Even Sust with all its esters will cause some nasty knots on me. I would switch products until u find something that works with your body....Heating up the compound wont change how your body reacts to the compound, cold or warm the result will be the same....

Reaction score
Some are more sensitive to short acting esters, Test Prop knots me up and I know its not bunk product. Test Acetate is another one I cant take as it will cause knotting as well. Even Sust with all its esters will cause some nasty knots on me. I would switch products until u find something that works with your body....Heating up the compound wont change how your body reacts to the compound, cold or warm the result will be the same....

Would Enth be a better solution?

Reaction score
He's saying try it and find out. No one can tell you the PIP level of a certain compound because no one is the same. Unless youre talking about water tren base...that shit kills no matter who you are.

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Pain with prop is a common thing. At least it has been historically. But it shouldn't be debilitating. If you can't finction, or even tie your shoes then something is wrong. If it's hurting bad, swollen and warm to the touch.. I'd guess dirty gear. Enanthate should be smoothe with very little to no pain. Like Flyingdragon dragon said, you might be sensitive to some esters. You said it was sust your 2nd go around, was it sust that gave you problems the first time?

Redrum1327

Elite
Reaction score
Agreed , prop wrecks me. With prop in sustonon in lown doses (under50mgs) I'm fine . Anything over 50 and I get lumps , knots , swelling and pain. Tren ace does the American thing so I have to dilute it with sterile oil of another compound. Everyone different . Just have to figure out what doesn't fukk you up bro . Do you heat up your gear ? have you tried injecting slower than usual after you warm it up ? Makes quite a bit of difference with me anyways

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can defiantly tell the difference between them , ive found what I like best and what works for me THE SWEET SPOT everyone is different so you will have to do some searching and see what's best for your body

Redrum1327

Elite
Reaction score
He's saying try it and find out. No one can tell you the PIP level of a certain compound because no one is the same. Unless youre talking about water tren base...that shit kills no matter who you are.

Noone take advise from this person !! He runs enough gear to kill 3 grown horses. But sexy as hell so it pays off for him