Eggs!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was banging a girl who had chickens.The eggs looked orange like that..my pops said the eggs reminded him of the eggs he had as a kid.Im sure they are more nutritious then store eggs

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You know that's not how it works man - If someone makes a claim then the burden of proof is on them to support that claim with evidence, not on those who disagree.

This is good enough for me. There's a lot out there that says the same thing. Sometimes, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's safe to assume its a duck.

Where would you like me to go to from here; Genetic and DNA testing to prove that the egg was actually produced from what looked to like a chicken?

http://simplelifeainteasy.blogspot.com/2012/02/common-misconceptions-about-farm-fresh.html

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Even eggs are now needing studies??? What....the....fukk!!!!!

Your right grandpa, we should all go back to the good old days with no nutritional info and make people guess what's good/not good for them and "eyeball" everything.
That way we can also go back to making bullshit claims (as many companies did) and I can start marketing my new super anabolic, vitamin D enhanced, nuts :)

This is good enough for me. There's a lot out there that says the same thing. Sometimes, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's safe to assume its a duck.
Where would you like me to go to from here; Genetic and DNA testing to prove that the egg was actually produced from what looked to like a chicken?

http://simplelifeainteasy.blogspot.com/2012/02/common-misconceptions-about-farm-fresh.html

What Tool said - less sat fat and less fat are not the same thing, no harm done. The claim of less fat but ore fat soluble vitamins & omega 3 raised alarm bells because I know that's a biological impossibility with eggs.

And this is why relying on a blogpost, rather than published data, is a bad idea:

- The study they referred to from "mother news", as far as I can tell, doesn't actually exist. I clicked on all the links, saw a presentation poster of the results, and that's about it.
Considering this was just an observational study it really shouldn't of been that difficult to publish the results unless something was seriously
wrong. Considering "mother news" is a pro-organic group, its easy to speculate as to what that might've been.
- I went through the whole "mother earth news" post as well and found the mention of other studies supporting the claims but, again, no referencing. At this point I'm lead to assume that the author of the post, Cheryl Long, doesn't really know how to reference rather than all those studies being unpublished.
- They link to a "medical news today" article to support the omega-3 claim but, again, no reference to any studies within that article either.

So yes, that blogpost actually contained zero scientific evidence for the claim unless you count a basic presentation poster as scientific evidence. In which case I'll be happy to share a poster by Scivation, presented by Jim Stoppani, showing BCAAs to produce steroid like results (this wasn't published either, I wonder why).

The published data is actually pretty equivocal, as with most organic vs non-organic data, with some for & against organic eggs having a better nutrient profile. This leads me to believe that the difference is largely irrelevant and it comes to budgeting & taste as I talked about in detail here.
As an example, we can see that access to the land vs being caged does give an advantage as far as omega 3's are concerned but we're talking about minimal difference (less than 1%, or even an awesome 0.03% as shown here) and this review paper discusses a comparative study showing organic eggs to have higher carotene & lecithin values BUT lower protein so is it inherently more nutritious? Nope.

My point is that if it tastes better than great, go for it, but the argument that its healthier/has a better nutrient profile and therefore is worth the extra cash is, for me, simply not the case.

Last edited:

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
The chickens are not producing as quick as the family can consume the eggs so the wife had to grab a dozen to hold us over. Here's the visual difference between my chicken's eggs and a store bought egg. What you can't see is less fat and cholesterol, higher vitamin A, vitamin E, beta carotene and omega-3s

2noBCGm.jpg

Organic or regular eggs for the store bought one?

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your right grandpa, we should all go back to the good old days with no nutritional info and make people guess what's good/not good for them and "eyeball" everything.
That way we can also go back to making bullshit claims (as many companies did) and I can start marketing my new super anabolic, vitamin D enhanced, nuts :)

Grandpa? Pillar is older then me.

My point is that a thread about fukking eggs does not need to turn into a pubmed debate. Eggs are good. Period. The end. If you're lucky enough to have your own chickens that shit their own eggs - great - eat those ones. If not, go to the store and buy them like everyone else.

This is as dumb as arguing about organic chicken having more protein then non-organic chicken.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
The chickens are not producing as quick as the family can consume the eggs so the wife had to grab a dozen to hold us over. Here's the visual difference between my chicken's eggs and a store bought egg. What you can't see is less fat and cholesterol, higher vitamin A, vitamin E, beta carotene and omega-3s

2noBCGm.jpg

Snake gives his chickens anavar

Snake, this is why your chickens are under producing.... they are too worried about the 6-pack instead of the dozen!