Having hard time eat clean

AChickwitgunz

Lady Member
Reaction score
I try to eat clean as much as i can .. but i work second shift and drive a hour back and fourth to work..i work 2 to 1030 but leave my house at noon..i workout after work time i get home its 2 am.. im asking beside food prep which we do for our lunch druing the week .. what can i do to stay on track

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What's the problem specifically?

AChickwitgunz

Lady Member
Reaction score
I start good with grab something healthy in the morning but wednesday its easy for me to run by Wendy's or kfc or McDonalds cause im short on time or just tired

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Eating clean has little to do with the height of the sun in the sky. If you have a long drive in, grab a coffee and a protein bar for the ride.... or start chewing. Okay, that last one works but is a bad health choice. Sorry

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe try to take suff with you that you can eat quickly that you feel is more healthy. Weekends or days off can be used to make stuff in advance, although many people prefer not to spend their time doing food prep. But like the brothers above said, your body knows proteins, carbs, and fats, not where you got it from.

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you really want it you'll figure out what you need to do. Like you I work from 1-10 and I have no issues. Make it happen brother..

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
I used to eat clean . Drove me nuts and wouldn't eat enough. Depends where your physical level is at. I am pretty lean and need to eat.McDonald's to put weight on. Even when I ate clean I could barely put on weight. Like said above its all about calories. Better to eat McDonald's then nothing.

Reaction score
Meal prep Sunday. Have it ready! Preparation and consistency is the name of the game. If you can't control yourself just ask yourself how bad do you want it. How bad do you want to achieve your goals. How important is it to you? Do you have any goals? I drive an hour to and from work and work tens as a welder. Train an hour and a half to 2 hours a day after work.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Meal prep 2 days a week. Make enough for 3-4 more meals.

Eat something's like oatmeal n Greek yogurt, liquid egg whites in your shakes, granola, etc that will help meet macros & are quick but still pretty healthy

I eat tons of jasmine rice, 3 eggs n 10 whites mixed up. Tad bit of soy n sweet n sour.

Once in a while I'll add chicken or bacon for flavor, macros n to switch it up.

Just ground beef n brown rice with a veggie of choice is solid and can be made in bulk and heated up.

Once you have lots of prepped food in the fridge just grab a couple containers n go.

GL

Reaction score
What gymrat said. Also if you can store at work get you a blender and keep your items for a shake if you don't have time to prep. Nanas, oats, tuna, egg whites, peanut butter. Stuff like that

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Eating clean has little to do with the height of the sun in the sky. If you have a long drive in, grab a coffee and a protein bar for the ride.... or start chewing. Okay, that last one works but is a bad health choice. Sorry

lol When I read the OP that was my first thought. I worked 3rd shift for a while and the time you are awake has nothing to do with what you put in your mouth.

...OK what time of day it is and and what some guys around here put in their mouths might have some correlation but that's a completely different topic.

But seriously what I have learned is that if what you are eating is such a pain in the ass to make/prep/store/heat up/ whatever, or you just dont like it that much, you are never going to stick with it long term and thats the goal. Nothing in this game comes quick or lasts forever. Its all about finding what works for you that fits into your goals/needs and going from there. Do whatever you have to to make what you must eat to obtain your goals as doable as possible or else you will stick with it this week but every time you pass that wendys it will bring you closer and closer to just skipping whats right and doing whats easy.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
I try to eat clean as much as i can .. but i work second shift and drive a hour back and fourth to work..i work 2 to 1030 but leave my house at noon..i workout after work time i get home its 2 am.. im asking beside food prep which we do for our lunch druing the week .. what can i do to stay on track

Eating clean is such a horseshit term in my opinion. Calories, proteins, fats and carbs are what your body uses. How much of those it gets and from what sources is up to you. Eating "clean" is just like eating "healthy" both terms are quite relative and vary per person in my opinion. Hit your calories first. Once you master that, then focus on what is making up those calories. Too hungry? Maybe something high cal and less filling needs to be replaced with something else. Too full, having to cram the food in because it's all chicken breast and broccoli? Add in a Pop-Tart or something similar. It's all a math game with multiple ways to reach the target goal.

Last edited:

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Eating clean is such a horseshit term in my opinion. Calories, proteins, fats and carbs are what your body uses. How much of those it gets and from what sources is up to you. Eating "clean" is just like eating "healthy" both terms are quite relative and vary per person in my opinion. Hit your calories first. Once you master that, then focus on what is making up those calories. Too hungry? Maybe something high cal and less filling needs to be replaced with something else. Too full, having to cram the food in because it's all chicken breast and broccoli? Add in a Pop-Tart or something similar. It's all a math game with multiple ways to reach the target goal.

It is a term to describe eating foods that are good for you versus foods that have a bunch of stuff that isnt good for you in them.

Oatmeal = Healthy Clean

Captain Crunch = not healthy

Both have oats but one has a bunch of other stuff in it like sweeteners syrups artificial flavors and stuff that arent good for you

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
It is a term to describe eating foods that are good for you versus foods that have a bunch of stuff that isnt good for you in them.

Except it isn't.

At various points throughout history eating "clean" has involved avoiding fruit, dairy, saturated fats, paying attention to the GI index and a bunch of other retarded stuff that is completely contradictory to what a "healthy" diet should be. Diz is right - its a horseshit term with no fixed definition.

You want to eat healthy? Then say that, don't give me this "clean" bullshit.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score

Oatmeal = Healthy Clean

Captain Crunch = not healthy

Both have oats but one has a bunch of other stuff in it like sweeteners syrups artificial flavors and stuff that arent good for you
Please cite your source.

You just reinforced his point.

New Threads