Blood test results

timecode2

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I sent off my blood sample to a lab to get my test levels check and they post my results, but I don't understand it, so I thought I could ask you guys.

Testosterone Result - 13.7

Units -nmol/L

Range 7.6-31.4

Reference Ranges applies to adults

Don't fully understand, it says I'm normal in the overview but the results to me seem like I'm barely making it to normal?

I'm 28 by the way, hoping any of you can help me out understanding the terms etc

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That doesn't tell us much. What was total test free test lh fsh estradiol?

Reaction score
looks like you got the total testosterone test done. thats puts your total at 395 ng/dl. what time of day was this at? get your free testosterone done as well, you could be right in the middle of the range on free and have nothing to worry about. If your free test is low normal then your in a tricky situation. No doc is really gonna prescribe with levels in the normal range at your age. But if your symptoms are bad enough you should look into self prescribing.

timecode2

Reaction score
looks like you got the total testosterone test done. thats puts your total at 395 ng/dl. what time of day was this at? get your free testosterone done as well, you could be right in the middle of the range on free and have nothing to worry about. If your free test is low normal then your in a tricky situation. No doc is really gonna prescribe with levels in the normal range at your age. But if your symptoms are bad enough you should look into self prescribing.

Thanks for the info, I took it at 10.30am so free testosterone would get me a better idea overall then?

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I took it at 10.30am so free testosterone would get me a better idea overall then?

Try doing another test as soon as you can after waking up. Get a female hormone panel from labsmd that includes total test, LH, FSH, and E2.

A free test panel is not as important as a total test panel. In fact, relying on free test can be oftentimes misleading and inaccurate.

timecode2

Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys, can always count on you guys for help!

Just wondering if I decide to do TRT myself is it essentially me just doing a perm test cycle? I mean that seems to be the logic just wondering if there's other things to consider should I need to go that route

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys, can always count on you guys for help!

Just wondering if I decide to do TRT myself is it essentially me just doing a perm test cycle? I mean that seems to be the logic just wondering if there's other things to consider should I need to go that route

You need blood work regularly if you Go the self medicating route. You don know if your UGL will deliver consistent quality or not plus you need to evaluate health markers.

timecode2

Reaction score
I spoke to the company they said I'm not particularly low, but if im showing symptoms then perhaps a re test and include the free testosterone should be done I'll save up and get that test soon enough, I definitely feel like my symptoms are due to low testosterone hence why I started this test :(

The test they suggested covers 4 things
IMG_1602.jpg

Last edited:

New Threads