An Ideal Diet?

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on dieting while on gear. I have heard from plenty of people that carbs are your friend when on a cycle, but if you were running a mild cycle (such as 400mg test w/ 300mg mast or primo) and looking to lean out as well, would carb cycling be effective? What does a bodybuilder's diet seriously look like within the last 3 months of their contest prep? Or would it be better to stick with something like a 40/35/25 macro split while decreasing calories? Thanks for the opinions!

Reaction score
If your gonna diet then your intentions should be holding on to tissue not gaining. I diet while cruising just to preserve. I go zero carb low fat high protein when dieting. On cycle you need plenty of carbs if mass is your goal. But dieting while adding mass is wanting it all. If that's your goal then I'd do test tren

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone is different but for me, you can't fuuk with your protein. You're protein needs are your protein needs and to cut there would only cost you muscle. So your left with fats and carbs. As far as I'm concerned, fats are the place to cut. Let your body use the carbs and then let it decide if you're in excess on your carbs what it will do with it; storing it as fat. Don't circumvent the process and go directly to Fat. This doesn't mean you got a licence to go carb crazy!

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been drinking some of Palumbos kool-aid recently. Low to no carbs, moderate fat moderate protien. Honestly man if u eat clean and hit they gym hard you are gonna have good solid gains. Are you going on stage or competing? A lot of people make it harder than it needs to be. Eat clean, high protien, stay away from fast food and lift hard and often.

New Threads