Turning yellow, should I be concerned?

Reaction score
Is this something I should seek immediate medical attention for? It happened pretty suddenly, noticed it 2 hours or so ago. I'm on 375mg ED day 3. My skin is yellow and the whites of my eyes are very light yellow.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of dnp doing this. Sounds like jaundice. See the doc.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
DNP isn't hepatoxic and the yellowness (including your eyes) is a side effect that was listed in the original research, albeit a rare one.

It is not as serious as it may appear and does go away with time especially now that you've hopefully dropped the dose down to take into account the temperature issues.
My advice would be to bump up your water intake and see what happens in a few days. If it's still an issue then stop the cycle, simple as that.

Last edited:

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What's your temp? U sure Ur caps r 125 per? Just saying what if they're 250 per... Dnp nothing to f with. That's why u start with low dose for 1-2 days, see how your body reacts...

But even if you haven't taken Dnp yellow eyes and skin are a concern. Liver gallbladder etc.. Hep C. Etc... Go to a doc.

Reaction score
DNP isn't hepatoxic and the yellowness (including your eyes) is a side effect that was listed in the original research, albeit a rare one.

It is not as serious as it may appear and does go away with time especially now that you've hopefully dropped the dose down to take into account the temperature issues.
My advice would be to bump up your water intake and see what happens in a few days. If it's still an issue then stop the cycle, simple as that.

When you say stop the cycle if issues persist, is it because this side effect being indicative of DNP being bad (more so than usual) for my personal body chemistry or is it more you telling me stop because I don't like being yellow?

What's your temp? U sure Ur caps r 125 per? Just saying what if they're 250 per... Dnp nothing to f with. That's why u start with low dose for 1-2 days, see how your body reacts...

But even if you haven't taken Dnp yellow eyes and skin are a concern. Liver gallbladder etc.. Hep C. Etc... Go to a doc.

They are 250mg caps, I take 1 cap every 18 hours.
My temp is currently sitting at high 97's..it was higher earlier (mid 99's encroaching in the 100s), if the 36 hour half life is correct the dose halved about 2 hours ago so I contribute having a more normal temp to that. I am dropping my dose because of the high temps.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
When you say stop the cycle if issues persist, is it because this side effect being indicative of DNP being bad (more so than usual) for my personal body chemistry or is it more you telling me stop because I don't like being yellow?

I'm saying stop the cycle because of how you feel, the yellowness, and the temperature...it's heading down a bad path.

Honestly man, going straight to 375mg with no titration was a bad move. So was the 250mg every 18hrs nonsense, your making things really difficult when they don't need to be. The vast majority of this could've been avoided.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm saying stop the cycle because of how you feel, the yellowness, and the temperature...it's heading down a bad path.

Honestly man, going straight to 375mg with no titration was a bad move. The vast majority of this could've been avoided.

So your is your recommendation stop now or drop my dose like planned, up water intake and assess further? I just asked a friend of mine and he says he doesn't see it, so now I don't know if it's really there or if it's me getting in my head.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
So your is your recommendation stop now or drop my dose like planned, up water intake and assess further? I just asked a friend of mine and he says he doesn't see it, so now I don't know if it's really there or if it's me getting in my head.

I'm saying stop the cycle.
No offence but it's become abundantly clear that you don't really know what your doing here (not a critique on you, more on where you got your info from - "orangejuicer" I suspect) so stop, reassess and come up with a better plan should you wish to try again sometime in the future.

Reaction score
I'm saying stop the cycle.
No offence but it's become abundantly clear that you don't really know what your doing here (not a critique on you, more on where you got your info from - "orangejuicer" I suspect) so stop, reassess and come up with a better plan should you wish to try again sometime in the future.

Ok I will stop the cycle immediately. Thank you for the help.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Ok I will stop the cycle immediately. Thank you for the help.

Nice dude, glad you are stopping... Most guys dont listen because their pride gets in the way. Much respect to you sir... Now read up and form a new plan and feel free to ask questions along the way.

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Might still wanna visit the doctor. Just saying. Jaundice and all

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Had a friend in highschool whos mom was consistantly chain smoking and drinking wine in her bedroom.

Hair skin nails and teeth yellow as butter looks really weird.

You stopping the cycle is highly logical.

High 5

Reaction score

Honestly man, going straight to 375mg with no titration was a bad move. So was the 250mg every 18hrs nonsense, your making things really difficult when they don't need to be. The vast majority of this could've been avoided.

Nice dude, glad you are stopping... Most guys dont listen because their pride gets in the way. Much respect to you sir... Now read up and form a new plan and feel free to ask questions along the way.

I've been reading and realize now that individual response plays a huge role in DNP, so even though 375mg may not be much for others, for my body that may be a lot. Would it be unreasonable to give it a week for the rest of the DNP to clear out then resume with 250mg ED or maybe even EOD at first to assess?

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
A week off and then continue again? Bro do you care about your health???

Reaction score
A week off and then continue again? Bro do you care about your health???

Yes which is why I'm here asking questions so I can learn... if I didn't care I would of just continued the cycle

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I've been reading and realize now that individual response plays a huge role in DNP, so even though 375mg may not be much for others, for my body that may be a lot. Would it be unreasonable to give it a week for the rest of the DNP to clear out then resume with 250mg ED or maybe even EOD at first to assess?

I don't think its unreasonable to try again, at a lower dose, in a few weeks time PROVIDED you spend that time researching.

We are here to help and you certainly seem willing to be helped, so by all means do some extra reading and then if you have any extra questions we'll be happy to answer them :)

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
I turn yellow every time I run DNP.

Skin, eyes, semen, you name it. All gets yellow. Especially my eyes. It all goes away (for me) a few weeks after I stop.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I turn yellow every time I run DNP.

Skin, eyes, semen, you name it. All gets yellow. Especially my eyes. It all goes away (for me) a few weeks after I stop.
And no one says anything?

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
If anyone here has a kid that as a baby really liked carrots? I turned my kid orange numerous times because he loved carrots so much. Its the same thing. Like any place with a lot of cartilage like your ears, nose, cuticles and under your fingernails. Its that ghostly looking color.

Please tell me im not the only one that ever turned their kid orange?

New Threads