PCT... Do this... No don't do that do this... NO you don't need this just this...

Reaction score
damn you guys really beat me to it. Guess I should have looked at page 2 first instead of just scrolling to the bottom of the first.:confused:

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I lasted 2 mins into that video...what a raging douche copter...

halfwit

Elite
Reaction score
Lol, why anyone would take advice about cycles from a guy that looks like a starved fitness model is beyond me.

HCG: Mimics LH from your pituitary and keeps your testes active. It's best used while ON the cycle to prevent them from going dormant and atrophying. HCG is also great for TRT guys as it keeps other hormones going like pregnenolone that decrease significantly due to the use of AAS.

SERMs: Stimulate the pituitary gland into producing actual LH/FSH and block attachment of estradiol to receptors in breast tissue. (clomid/nolva/raloxifene)

AI: Prevent your body from converting testosterone (or specific other AAS) into estradiol via aromatase. Arimidex and aromasin are examples of these.

As the goal of a PCT is to restore your body back to allostasis, you don't want to mess with estradiol unless you are VERY sensitive to the hormone. Aromasin can be used with SERMS, but ONLY if necessary as estradiol is how your body determines the health of your HPTA.

The reason why you want to wait for some time before starting PCT is because you will be suppressed (pituitary is off) by the AAS due to how esters give a slow release. This is known as the active half life, and is determined by the ester used.

As you didn't use HCG during your cycle, you can blast it before starting the SERMs, but NOT during the use of them. In either case though, the honest truth is that a lot of it has to do with your genetics and if your pituitary can be restarted. Some guys can't after one cycle, some can cycle for years and always recover - with or without PCT drugs.

Hope that helps. :)

glycomann

Reaction score
The testes go into a sort of sleep state during AAS use. The pituitary and hypothalamus also sort of go to sleep in the cells that secrete LH, FSH and GnRH. The hypothalamus and pituitary come back on line pretty quickly, usually in about 3 weeks they are already producing normal levels of hormone. the testes on the other hand take a while. Without PCT drugs they sit and wait the three weeks before they get much of a signal from LH and FSH secretion. That's where the hCG comes in. It will mimic LH/FSH and get those puppies working. Use of a SERM like clomid and or Nolvadex helps to block the estrogen receptors in the pituitary and hypothalamus to force recovery of those organs and start LH/FSH production. so using them in conjunction with hCG, tapering in the Clomid Nolvadex as the hCG is coming out makes the most sense. Probably the most important part of post cycle is getting the testes back in the game. That's where the hCG is really key. Even starting it a little early like a couple weeks before the end of cycle will help more. A little estrogen protection helps as well during this period early on since hCG will bump up estrogen somewhat. I have used this one with success with bloodwork well into my 50s.

-2-4 (6 weeks) hCG 500 iu every 2-4 days
1-4 Clomid 25-50 mg/d
4-6 Nolvadex 20 mg/d

You will always lose some size and strength coming off. usually the first 8 weeks sucks. That is after the esters run out so the last 1/2 of the first 8 weeks is a bitch. the second 8 weeks is a little better. After that you are 16 weeks lost. Usually I would test here and be in the middle of normal range for test and LH. So starting to feel normal. The next 8 weeks, if I stay off that long, I would feel even better. I would have lost some of that steroid fullness and weak bodyparts would have suffered more than others. You have to prepare yourself for the loss and know that this period is necessary for long term health. most people don't realize that this period is not only important for organs and relief of overall stress from shutdown and processing and excreting these AAS, but also for CNS recovery and joint recovery. joints take a beating when on supraphysiological amounts of these things. They don't recover the same plus we are using heavier weight and train more often. When the steroid hormones are not in the natural ratio joint tissue production and maintenance are altered. So this is pretty important. So it's best to come right off periodically especially when you start to feel lethargic and joint pains are increasing. It's also a good idea to donate blood mid cycle and immediately after cycle for cardiovascular health. Too many red cells strain the heart and circulatory system. AAS drive red cell production up.

Most guys can recover year after year for decades if they take the time to cycle off and therefore prevent the HPTA organs from going into deep deep sleep. Staying away from steroids until at least 25 helps in this sicne after 25 the HPTA is fully imprinted and therefore recovers better. People that start in their teens or very early 20s have more issues with recovery on average since the HPTA was not fully imprinted.

On long cycles its probably not a bad idea to lighten up some on the AAS periodically and use some hCG and Nolvadex to sort of tickle the HPTA. That way it stays in the game and does not go into a deep deep sleep. Recovery will be better and faster than if not used this way. As a general rule recovery is slower the longer the AAS use was. Recovery is also slower as the number of cycles increases, although with proper care of the HPTA this can be somewhat alleviated.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Thanks glycomann & halfwit all useful info. I still have enough time to use the hCG the last few weeks of my cycle because I was planning on 16 weeks. I just have to hope the clomid and nolva get here in time. I have enough and wonder if I shouldn't just stay on cycle to make sure I am going to get the stuff on time. Unfortunately I don't have a local source for such things and just have to depend on the postal service and the people sending it to get here. Which has varied for me from as much as 10 days to 2 months. Which is a giant difference when waiting for something like the clomid and nolva

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
the best pct i ever had went like this..After my last shot of test i waited 2 weeks then started blasting hcg at 500iu eod for 10 days followed by 4 weeks for nolva n clomid..It was a long pct but very effective for me

this is the new protocol im gonna be using for my hcg blast in a week or two....Two weeks 250iu eod week 1. 500 eod week 2. I think I fukked up explaining how i did it before..I did 10 shot of 500iu eod..I fukked up..

Last edited:

New Threads