Need advice from a former fat girl (cut? bulk? confused)

Muffy

Lady Member
Reaction score
Ok, so how do I build muscle and burn fat? (if that's even possible) I have a lot of bodyfat (over 30%). However, I have an awesome shape. Small waste, broad shoulders, big thighs (needs to be smaller though)...decent ass. I am 37 with 2 children (daughter did a number on me). I want to build muscle but I am confused on my caloric intake. So far I eat 1865 calories on maintenance (I believe this means deficit) and a little over 2000 when training (surplus?). Some days. I am strong, some days I am weak. Don't really know how to progress and at what point to recaluclate my TDEE. I've been training for 5 months and am losing my assets (however I've maintained a weight of 165 lbs). tits and ass are gone! I thought training helped you to build them. Hmmm... I'm seeing a bit of definition upper body but lower body...(nothing). Perhaps I don't have realistic goals....what's with all the 6 month transformations anyway??

I've obviously been going about things wrong because I've had 2 injuries so far (the beauty of trying on your own) (injured hip flexors recently). I have had a lot of great advice and information on here but still a bit confused. Don't know how I should go about my diet. I am afraid to gain weight and I am afraid to lose weight. I am a female wanting to look like more of a fitness model...so muscle without too much size (bulk). I am aunatural so I don't take gear (will probably think about it in future), however right now I am not even close to the level I need to be at. I know at times we all forget when we first began and what it was like.

I once complimented a chik on her arms and asked her what she did and she nearly bit my head off. So please any help is very much appreciated. I see alot of slim ladies on here with mass (rippedzilla is super gorg). I am not slim....and I would love to see the veins popping out my arms, however, not sure if it will every be possible. I don't see anyone on here that has fat issues so I would appreciate advice from someone who has a bodytype similiar to mine (endomorph) or knows how to achieve results with a bodytype like mine.

My macro spread is 45/35/20...(I keep it simple just in case)...I have bought books on macronutirent diets and recipies and I have measuring cups and a scale. It takes me at times 3 days to fit all my macros in my daily caloric intake and it drives me nuts. I end up getting depressed....I am feeling very lost. Love the guys on here, but can't relate cuz I'm not a dude and body is not like a dude...although I wish I was a dude.

Regarding my work ethic...I go hard. I train 6 days a week just because it helps me stay grounded...I switch it up a bit and I'm still learning muscle mind connection...so far can do 2 pull ups..horrayy!!! I'm in the gym for an hour and half at 5 am....I think thats it...feel free to ask quetsions, give advice...etc.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
PM rippedzilla (he's a dude...avatar is not him) he is an excellent choice to help you :)

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that training (lifting weights and or cardio) does not build "tits". Tits are adipose and glandular tissue. So if you have lost and/or are losing weight or recomping slowly, inevitably some of it will come in the form of smaller boobs. And if you want to build a bigger ass then you need to really focus on glute dominate exercises; which outside of squatting I can't help with.

Muffy

Lady Member
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that training (lifting weights and or cardio) does not build "tits". Tits are adipose and glandular tissue. So if you have lost and/or are losing weight or recomping slowly, inevitably some of it will come in the form of smaller boobs. And if you want to build a bigger ass then you need to really focus on glute dominate exercises; which outside of squatting I can't help with.

I know this hun...I don't really care about tits anyhoo...I guess I was more emphasizing on my weight loss. Thanks for you comment.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
PM rippedzilla (he's a dude...avatar is not him) he is an excellent choice to help you :)

Me being a dude does not change the truth of the statement that "rippedzilla is super gorg" ;)

Muffy, I'll respond to your PM a bit later...lots of travelling today...feeling sleepy...

Reactions: Jin

Muffy

Lady Member
Reaction score
Me being a dude does not change the truth of the statement that "rippedzilla is super gorg" ;)

Muffy, I'll respond to your PM a bit later...lots of travelling today...feeling sleepy...

I freaking la la lubs her (muah!)

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like me some fat on a girl muff

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
I've been training for 5 months and am losing my assets (however I've maintained a weight of 165 lbs). tits and ass are gone! I thought training helped you to build them.

I know this hun...I don't really care about tits anyhoo...I guess I was more emphasizing on my weight loss. Thanks for you comment.

Clearly.

I digress.

Muffy

Lady Member
Reaction score
You here to help or draw cards wide hips...By the way just how wide are them hips???

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
You can do those side bends and sit-ups, but please don't lose that butt...

New Threads