need some trt help

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Shit 200 every 2 weeks is good. Especiallyfor starting out. My friggin doctor started me on 150 every 3 weeks.. which is completely stupid

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Hi King,
I'm 45 been on TRT for almost exactly 40 weeks now. Working with a clinic in Florida. It is damn expensive but the only options available in my little town were ill informed and poorly structured TRT protocols that simply was not what I felt I needed. Anyway since insurance doesn't cover the clinic route it's expensive for me. Hopefully your insurance will reimburse you going this route.
To your question of when to expect improvement. I started initially with 300mg\wk self administered at home and split into two 150mg shots, using Test cyp.
I would say it took me a full 8 weeks to see improvement in the areas of most concern for me.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
ok guys here is the update.... 1st I ate like freaking shit all day every day for 6-7 days 2nd I drank a fair amount most every day and then the night before I slammed a 12 pack and tried to stay up as late as I could without wakeing the kids.. I had blood done at around 11 am that was as late as I could get a appointment for... got the results back yesterday... 137 my nurse just called me and told me over the phone.. she said that was the lowest they had ever had in that office... now the day I went to get my labs I had already told him I wanted on it, gave him all the reasons and he was cool about it and put me on 100 every 2weeks... now I know that aint shit but when the nurse called she told me that since it was so low that they already called the pharm. and he is going to double me up so know it'll be 200 every 2weeks... I know its not that much but hey I get to start somewhere...so any idea how long it may take to notice so effects... thanks and I appreciate all those who suggested ideas

My test came back at 137. That was living healthy and taking 6000iu of hcg a week.

Hi King,
I'm 45 been on TRT for almost exactly 40 weeks now. Working with a clinic in Florida. It is damn expensive but the only options available in my little town were ill informed and poorly structured TRT protocols that simply was not what I felt I needed. Anyway since insurance doesn't cover the clinic route it's expensive for me. Hopefully your insurance will reimburse you going this route.
To your question of when to expect improvement. I started initially with 300mg\wk self administered at home and split into two 150mg shots, using Test cyp.
I would say it took me a full 8 weeks to see improvement in the areas of most concern for me.

What's your dose now? Where did 300/wk put you? That's too high for most guys.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
ok guys here is the update.... 1st I ate like freaking shit all day every day for 6-7 days 2nd I drank a fair amount most every day and then the night before I slammed a 12 pack and tried to stay up as late as I could without wakeing the kids.. I had blood done at around 11 am that was as late as I could get a appointment for... got the results back yesterday... 137 my nurse just called me and told me over the phone.. she said that was the lowest they had ever had in that office... now the day I went to get my labs I had already told him I wanted on it, gave him all the reasons and he was cool about it and put me on 100 every 2weeks... now I know that aint shit but when the nurse called she told me that since it was so low that they already called the pharm. and he is going to double me up so know it'll be 200 every 2weeks... I know its not that much but hey I get to start somewhere...so any idea how long it may take to notice so effects... thanks and I appreciate all those who suggested ideas

Ok, so good news is you are now on TRT which you needed... bad news is that I would hate to only get a 200 mg shot every 2 weeks... You will most likely feel like crap for a good portion of week 2... Any chance you could split the dose and do 100 mg per week? Is he going to let you do your own injections? If hes gonna let you do your own injections, I wouldnt even mess with pinning once every 2 weeks, just pin once per week at half the dose. However, if he wants to test you after a few weeks, stick to his protocol and maybe he will move your dosage up after he sees your blood work.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
High 5 dude sounds like they are going to get you squared away.

Reaction score
yeah he let me fill the script and I can do it myself at home ... that's the plan is to try and split it up since I'm the doctor now.... but I'm with you that's not really much of a dose but like I said he pretty by the book and I don't have many choices... I t be easier for me to go to the vet and get anything I want than to get a doctor to start trt

Reaction score
I love small towns but man there just some things they are soooo far behind on...

Reaction score
I sure am a lucky man over here.. I'm on 200mg twice a week..

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
He had me on 400 once a week at 1st then we split it to keep my levels steady..

400mg total per week is about 100mg higher than the highest TRT dose of heard of. It's also a decent beginners cycle.

Typical TRT doses are 200 and under per week. Do you have additional medical factors that necessitates your dose?

Where does that dose put your t levels?

Not being a dick, just genuinely curious.

Texas does is bigger?

Reaction score
400mg total per week is about 100mg higher than the highest TRT dose of heard of. It's also a decent beginners cycle.

Typical TRT doses are 200 and under per week. Do you have additional medical factors that necessitates your dose?

Where does that dose put your t levels?

Not being a dick, just genuinely curious.

Texas does is bigger?
I'll be going for blood work in about another month.. he had me on 300 once a week and when we did blood work it was 672 if I remember correctly so he bumped up.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'll be going for blood work in about another month.. he had me on 300 once a week and when we did blood work it was 672 if I remember correctly so he bumped up.

This is a good example of how we all react differently to exogenous testosterone. Many people have similar reactions; some are high responders and some are low. Seems like you're a true outlier.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He had me on 400 once a week at 1st then we split it to keep my levels steady..

That's a straight up cycle.

Yes, you are lucky.

I've never seen anyone 250/wk or more but u take the cake.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I had a script for 400/week as well at one time. Had to change TRT docs after some seriously sketchy business practices of the clinic (not the doc, per se). On 200/week now, and to be honest, don't notice that much of a difference.

New Threads