Jin's first bulking cycle

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Week 7: Hello strength gains.

Weight 276

"Heavy week"; sets of 6-8

Squats 6x8@315. My best working set by far. Goal is to hit 6x15 at that weight in a couple months.
Leg press 6x10 @ 12 plates per side.
Leg curls 6x8 almost the full stack
Extensions 6x10 full stack. Will have to switch over to HS for curls and extensions soon.

Seated bicep curls 6x8
Seated hammer curls 6x6
Ez bar curls 6x8

I think my expectations for this cycle were too low. I won't count out the possibility of breaking into the 290's and pulling more than 600.
BF is still on the decline. No complaints here.
Blood work at the end of the week. Going to spring for the LC/MS-MS test to see what my actual test numbers are.

Time to eat.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Push workout shoulder emphasis.

Highlights:
My wo partner hitting 4 clean reps of 245 standing military press. Good lord.
I repped 105 DB on shoulder press for 8.

Personally, it's very motivating and effective to lift with a partner, especially one who is stronger than I. Workouts are slightly slower paced, but I/we are able to put in extra effort from the mutual support.

Sitting at 277 and my abs are now barely visible. I'd eat more, but I just don't want to.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
GFMGD!

Traps and arms today. I tore off a good chunk of my biggest callus doing heavy rack pulls. Thankfully it didn't tear completely off.
View attachment 3638
Gonna put some second skin on it and hope I don't have to resort to lifting gloves for Wednesday's deadlift session. How embarrassing.

Skipped farmers carries due to the hand, but was able to get in 4 exercises each of bi/tri. Looking bigger, more definition and losing BF. Eating 6K+ everyday. I'm thrilled.

Starting week 7, so the deca strength should be coming on soon:)

Wearing bitch mittens is a bannable offense here!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
GFMGD

Blood pressure running high. Ordered some l-arginine and beet root.

I went to a Yin Yoga class to increase my flexibility last night with the wife. Really focused on the posterior chain, which was great cause today was:

Deads

From a deficit (standing on 45lb bumper plates)
All 5 reps

Off the floor
495x2
515x1
525x1
Probably could have hit 535 if I'd worn my pink camo lifting gloves with hearts on them, but I care too much about what you guys think.

Was able to row the 150 DBs for 8 reps.
Getting quite sizable now.....

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'm up about 23lbs in 7 weeks on cycle. Before that I had bulked from 235 to 255, so in total I'm 43lbs up in 6 months. The weight gain is taking its toll.

I've had to increase my blood pressure meds; my breathing is definitely more labored; and this morning my wife basically told me I'm beginning to get a bit of sleep apnea.

Got bloods pulled this morning and should have results in a week. If there are any red flags then I'll have to consider making some changes in AAS protocol and/or diet. I'll be adding 3 20min sessions of cardio a week.

Had a decent chest workout yesterday even though my CNS is pretty shot. Couldn't go at it with a lot of intensity but I was able to move some relatively heavy weights. Repped 120 DB for 10 on flat. Unfortunately the DBs jump to 150 from 120 at my gym. I'm still a bit nervous going too heavy on chest as the last thing I want to do is reinjure my right pec.

Taking today off and then hitting traps and arms tomorrow.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
U need to use lotion next time you jack it for that long....They sell it at most Walgreens and CVS locations.....Or u can be like Zieg and use toothpaste (with baking soda inside)....

GFMGD!

Traps and arms today. I tore off a good chunk of my biggest callus doing heavy rack pulls. Thankfully it didn't tear completely off.
View attachment 3638
Gonna put some second skin on it and hope I don't have to resort to lifting gloves for Wednesday's deadlift session. How embarrassing.

Skipped farmers carries due to the hand, but was able to get in 4 exercises each of bi/tri. Looking bigger, more definition and losing BF. Eating 6K+ everyday. I'm thrilled.

Starting week 7, so the deca strength should be coming on soon:)

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
U need to use lotion next time you jack it for that long....They sell it at most Walgreens and CVS locations.....Or u can be like Zieg and use toothpaste (with baking soda inside)....

Hand: "You should see the other guy."

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Weight: 275

Back on the 6x15 program.
Started wearing breathe right strips and got a humidifier, the sleep apnea has vanished.
Taking beet root, l-arginine and an extra BP pill and I'm around 150/72, which is higher than I'd like but ok for a couple months.

I hit the same reps and weights as 2 weeks ago, but felt sluggish. I think I'm still recovering a bit from last week. I was hoping to go up in weight, but I guess even on cycle increasing weight every week is probably unrealistic.

Got in 20 minutes of steady state cardio after legs and biceps today.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Well, I got bloodwork back and that explains my fatigue and sluggishness. I didn't think my e2 was high; guys always complain about sensitive nipples and their dicks not working. I've been retaining some water for sure, but none in my face. I remember my friend on cycle and his face was puffed up like the moon. Anyway that's what bloodwork is for.

Total test: 2,896
Estradiol: 138

I have been super tired all the time, but since that is a side effect of igf, I chalked it up to that. I've also had frequent urination similar to symptoms of bph. Decrease in libido, but no performance issues.

I took 1mg of Adex last night and will start tomorrow .5mg eod and then recheck in two weeks.

Got in a good push workout today:

Standing military press 6x15
Flat bench DB 6x15
Seated shoulder DB press 6x15

Superset x 6
Rear delt machine x 20
Cable lateral raises x 15

Superset x 6
Low to high cable flys x 15
Tricep push down x 20

Superset x 6
Cross body cable chest press x 20
Reverse grip tri push down x 20

20 min cardio.

Got 6,500cal in yesterday after legs.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Feeling much better since upping the Adex. Libido is way back up and I can sleep without having to get up to pee. Fatigue is better, but I'm still pretty broken down from workouts.

Deads and back today.

Did a deload on deadlifts.
7x5 @ 315 from a 4 inch deficit. Worked explosiveness off the ground.

I'm losing some water weight, but gaining some definition.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Standing military press 6x15

Standing Overhead & Military presses are a sweet.

Ever bored and want to try something out.

20 mins elliptical

1. Squats..... I usually do 4x15 light weight front squats (getting old) but 6x15 regular sounds even better.

2. Overhead press 6x15

3. Seated or Tbar row 6x15

4. Flat Bench 6x15

High 5 dude keep up the good work and dialing things in.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
This was the first day in 3 weeks I felt I didn't need a mid afternoon nap. The fatigue from elevated e2 was almost debilitating at times.

Feeling pretty good. Looking better. Was worried I'd drop a bunch of weight as my e2 settles down, but it's holding steady above 275. We'll see.

Push day, emphasis on chest.

Flat bench DB 6x15
Incline DB 6x15
Machine flys 6x15

Superset x6
HS declinex15
DB pull overs x15

Supersetx6
Cross-body cable push x 15
Tri rope x 20

Supersetx6
Shoulder lateral cable flys x 15
Rev grip tri push downs x 20

Still eating between 5,500-6,500 cal/day. Recently I've been getting most of my carbs from pancakes, Life cereal, corn bread, etc. Seems to work just fine and it's a nice change from brown rice and oatmeal.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Weight: 274

Legs/bicep day

Squat @ 225 3x15
@ 245 3x15
Leg press 6x25
Worked up to 9 plates a side for 25 reps

Superset x 6
Extensions x 15
Seated curls x 15

Superset x 4
Adductor x 25
Abductor x 25

Straight bar curl 6x 15
Preacher curl machine 6x15
Front double bi cables 6x20

Seems like I've lost a couple pounds in water weight. I'm curious where my e2 is. Getting bloods pulled on Friday.

New Threads