Receptors?

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I've heard and read about receptors losing sensitivity after a while of being on. I've been cruising for a little bit. Maybe 4 years. And it seems like gear isn't doing what it used to. So do I do what I really want to do and bump my dose up to a gram a week or lay off for a while? If so how long does it take to get back to normal? I'll be honest. I really don't like being off. At 42, I was low for long enough and I don't like that sheit either. But it feels like the test just ain't kicking like it should. Appreciate any advice.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts on this. I don't think you have a receptor problem; your problem is you're bumping heads with the law of diminishing returns within your training. Mix it up, change the reps, sets and or exercises. Try flipping your workout for a few weeks; starting with your last exercise first. I'm not going to tell you this a good idea for any length of time but it my pop you out of a funk and spur on some new growth. And if you need to, take a week off.

Good luck.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Taking time off like Snakey suggested is the key. Also switching up short esters, long esters will also add to your gains....Let us know what your taking and for what length of time....

Reaction score
Agreed with above...constantly switching things up. Different compounds, esters, doses, training, reps, weights, exercises, diet etc...

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the input. I've been running test c 200 at 300 to 500 a wek for about a year now. Was on test e for a while before. I like the idea of one pin a week vs 2. My ass and ventros are almost solid scar tissue. Every now and then I add in bold or eq for a few weeks but usually in the spring when I'm trying to lean back down a little. I've ran tren a few times and it's my crack cocaine.. I'd live on the stuff if I could. But about 12 or so weeks in I start to feel crappy. I've tried deca and dbol but didn't see a lot of gains with either. I guess im trying to go minimal right now. Winter time is broke asss time for me so I'm just skating by. But it feels like I'm going backward. My plan is to jump on tren in a few weeks and lean out a little for spring. Maybe 400 tren 300 test c. I don't get bad sides from tren except sweats and funky dreams. Maybe I'll bump it all up. Depends on when work picks up and what I can spend. Maybe I'll add mast back in too. Always felt like it helped me get lean. And it was great for the wang!!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bubba I seriously think all you need is a change in how you train. What does your training look like now?

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been doing 5x5 for a long time. I know I should switch it up. Just hard to break habits I guess.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
If u can't grow on deca and dbol then something is really wrong.

I agree with the others u gotta change something. Its not the gear that isn't bringing gains, its just you and your training.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been doing 5x5 for a long time. I know I should switch it up. Just hard to break habits I guess.

5x5 is a great way to hit a brick wall which it sounds like you have. Start adding in .ore compound lifts more sets and open. The rep ranges from doubles to sets of whatever. Sky is the limit.

New Threads