250mg trt

Reaction score
Would I need to donate or drain blood on 250mg testosterone as trt for life?

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
I dont think its absolutely needed, but donating blood is never a bad thing, you might even save a few lives in the process

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I say yes its a good idea to donate every 3 months

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like the fellas above have said. Giving blood is never a bad idea.

Dex

Elite
Reaction score
I have seen H/H at 19.3 and 58 from 125mg/wk after only a few months. I have personally only hit 52.3, but everyone is different. You will need to keep an eye on it.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I just dropped a pint off last nights. I have been donating blood now for about the last 5 years. I try to get in 3x/year. It's a good thing even for a healthy person who is not even on TRT.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
My opinion: a true TRT regime shouldn't require, or "need", any sort of CBC management.

The problem is that what most people WANT their trt dose to be and what they NEED it to be are 2 very, very different things in most cases.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
My opinion: a true TRT regime shouldn't require, or "need", any sort of CBC management.

The problem is that what most people WANT their trt dose to be and what they NEED it to be are 2 very, very different things in most cases.

You're certainly right about the second point you made but I slightly disagree with the first. Erythrocytosis and polycythemia are pretty well documented in true TRT. It affects older males much more than younger ones but also the method of delivery can impact this as well. Erythocytosis happens in about 5-15% of cases with those who use patches or gel applications while the rate it happens with intramuscular injections is higher. It's assumed it's due to the higher doses and/or higher serum levels associated with IM use. Normally you're right, reducing the dose will take care of the problem but not always. Some physicians now have adopted a practice where once the RBCs rise too high, they'll discontinue the TRT for a little while, use another HPTA protocol (probably a combination of clomid, nolva and/or HCG) and then resume TRT after a phlebotomy and when RBCs come back down. I do agree though that probably most of the time this can be avoided with a simple dose reduction or increased dosing frequency but most guys don't want a lower dose or lower Tt levels for whatever reason.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
You're certainly right about the second point you made but I slightly disagree with the first. Erythrocytosis and polycythemia are pretty well documented in true TRT. It affects older males much more than younger ones but also the method of delivery can impact this as well. Erythocytosis happens in about 5-15% of cases with those who use patches or gel applications while the rate it happens with intramuscular injections is higher. It's assumed it's due to the higher doses and/or higher serum levels associated with IM use. Normally you're right, reducing the dose will take care of the problem but not always. Some physicians now have adopted a practice where once the RBCs rise too high, they'll discontinue the TRT for a little while, use another HPTA protocol (probably a combination of clomid, nolva and/or HCG) and then resume TRT after a phlebotomy and when RBCs come back down. I do agree though that probably most of the time this can be avoided with a simple dose reduction or increased dosing frequency but most guys don't want a lower dose or lower Tt levels for whatever reason.

I don't see it as you disagreeing with me per se, more not being clear on my idea of "true" TRT.

A healthy male with normal T levels rarely if ever "needs" to donate blood to stay in said healthy condition. A "true" TRT regime should aim to replicate this - normal T levels, healthy condition, etc - and if it doesn't then the protocol is faulty.
Make no mistake, I'm aware & agree with the statistics you gave but I'm saying that those incidences are due to a poor protocol. Whether that's related to the dose, dosing frequency or whatever - the protocol isn't dialed in. Again, I agree with the reluctance of many to make the adjustments necessary to dial in their regimes and avoid CBC issues but that can lead us into a discussion about addiction and other...controversial...mental stuff :)

As a side note, I'm against the idea of discontinuing TRT because in Europe this is done by uneducated practitioners who leave you stone cold and that's unacceptable. Much better to lower the dose, add a phlebotomy and monitor appropriately. The idea of using another HPTA protocol like clomid, nolva and/or HCG is an interesting one but not commonly practiced here, I cannot speak for the US.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
250mg makes me feel like im on cycle..125mg is enough for a trt dose on paper for most

ron1204

Elite
Reaction score
dam i thought i was at trt levels at 300mg . btw, what can not donating blood cause?

BadBoys

Reaction score
Elevated red blood cell levels. Google the side affects of high rbc

Reaction score
the average trt dose is between 80-120 mg per week, that will get most people to high normal.

you can run 250 or 300, but yes you most likely will need to give blood and keep a closer check of health markers.

RichPopeye

Reaction score
I have hep c. I am unable to donate blood. I'm 44 on trt cruisein and blastin. Blood work always shows my counts to be in range. If they elevate what's the solution for me?

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Donating blood only lowers your RBC count for a few days. So if youre in dangerous levels then u need to lower your doses of whatever it is that you're on. A true trt should not bring u to dangerous levels. High RBC isn't something to mess around with.