Chris Bell lousy diet advice

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know why this guy pissed me off so bad. Maybe it's his biased fake documentaries. Maybe it's his haggard looking appearance. Maybe it's his complete lack of actual knowledge and the microphone he has. All I know is i can't stand this guy and his bullshit "war on carbs" nonsense.

Anyone using Rob Wolfe and the bulletproof coffee guy as a source of info has zero credibility

zAU8MCO.png

Absolute nonsense!!!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I mean how the **** do you say "balance is the key" but then preach a diet that is so completely unbalanced?

Seriously someone please explain why this dude makes me so crazy?

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think he said it right in the response. There are no absolutes. That being said running zero carbs is absolutely great for weight loss. After the first couple of shifty days energy and strength are in the damme ball park and your mood grets better. Best part is it all happens fast. U can run a keto diet for 8-12weeks and lose everything u want. Instead of resorting to dnp or any other short cuts people look for. When coming off the diet, of u ever need to, u just add in those good carbs slowly. I think that is what he is talking about Balance. But to each there own, I have just had success personally with this way of thinking. Accually on keto right now in beginning of week 4, down 13 lbs and feeling great.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think he said it right in the response. There are no absolutes. That being said running zero carbs is absolutely great for weight loss. After the first couple of shifty days energy and strength are in the damme ball park and your mood grets better. Best part is it all happens fast. U can run a keto diet for 8-12weeks and lose everything u want. Instead of resorting to dnp or any other short cuts people look for. When coming off the diet, of u ever need to, u just add in those good carbs slowly. I think that is what he is talking about Balance. But to each there own, I have just had success personally with this way of thinking. Accually on keto right now in beginning of week 4, down 13 lbs and feeling great.

There is no diet that is better than another so long as there is a caloric deficit. You can't do a keto diet eat maintenance or over and still lose weight. Saying you can is basically saying magic is real and human biology is nonsense.

There are also no such thing as good and bad carbs. Glycemic index has almost no application in real life. Eating all your carbs in straight sugar is no better or worse for fat loss than eating all sweet potatoes or whatever the bros all limit themselves to.

This idea of eating clean is absolute nonsense. It's about preference. Maybe he prefers keto. Fine. But stfu already. Keto works for him not everyone and to make claims of its superiority is absolute garbage.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like I said to each their own, and what works for u works for u. But I disagree on many levels with most of what u are saying. Especially about sugar. Lol though I can tell u hate this guy. I have that guy too, but it's at work, everything the guy says I wanna send him to hurt town, even if he says shit I agree with.

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seeing as I have dieted both ways. Keto worked because it was a static diet and a deficit!
Using fat as fuel was great!
Yet I didn't make the gains I did by eating carbs.
Nor have I ever been as lean as when I cut calories and was still eating rice.
I think like anything else which way you diet is just another tool in the box.

For me a static diet works best carbs or no carbs so I'm not tempted to eat sugars too many sugars **** me up.
So I do my best to avoid them. Oreo after Oreo after Oreo.

I think it is all about the time you put in getting to know your own body as well as your own personal limitations and self control.
Not everything is for everyone and sometimes part of the journey and experience is very personal.
Just my .02

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I mean how the **** do you say "balance is the key" but then preach a diet that is so completely unbalanced?

Seriously someone please explain why this dude makes me so crazy?

Wouldn't have anything at all to do with the fact that you're Irish Italian?

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Shouldn't this have been posted in the "FLAME" section.......???

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I got diet advice from DF once.... I stayed fat a few extra months from it too:32 (18):

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
There is no diet that is better than another so long as there is a caloric deficit. You can't do a keto diet eat maintenance or over and still lose weight. Saying you can is basically saying magic is real and human biology is nonsense.

There are also no such thing as good and bad carbs. Glycemic index has almost no application in real life. Eating all your carbs in straight sugar is no better or worse for fat loss than eating all sweet potatoes or whatever the bros all limit themselves to.

This idea of eating clean is absolute nonsense. It's about preference. Maybe he prefers keto. Fine. But stfu already. Keto works for him not everyone and to make claims of its superiority is absolute garbage.

Keto will peel you like a potato man. The transition from glucose metabolism to lipid metabolism in a high protein diet is simply effective. While a calorie is simply a calorie...you can choose what kind of calories your body utilizes by removing carbohydrates as a source of fuel.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
First off, if it wasn't for everyone talking about this diet or that diet, I'd have no idea who or what this shit is.

Protein, carbs and fats. Balance them out at a percentage that your body needs and at a rate you can sustain for a life time and you'll be fine. I'm am growing tired of hearing how carbs are bad for a normal healthy adult.

The secret is; there's no secret!

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First off, if it wasn't for everyone talking about this diet or that diet, I'd have no idea who or what this shit is.

Protein, carbs and fats. Balance them out at a percentage that your body needs and at a rate you can sustain for a life time and you'll be fine. I'm am growing tired of hearing how carbs are bad for a normal healthy adult.

The secret is; there's no secret!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129159/

Although some studies suggest that pre-exercise muscle glycogen stores determine capacity for prolonged exercise [12], there is no clear requirement for dietary carbohydrates for human adults [13]. Current carbohydrate recommendations are based on 1) preventing ketosis, and 2) providing glucose beyond minimal needs. However, it is clear that ketosis is not harmful [14-16], except in the high levels seen in type 1 diabetes. Also, the need to provide glucose above minimal needs is exactly what has never been demonstrated [14]. Indeed, the National Research Council has not established Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for carbohydrates, probably because the human body can adapt to a carbohydrate-free diet and manufacture the glucose it needs. Nevertheless, some nutritionists contend that the carbohydrate is an essential nutrient. For example, Mcdonald claimed that healthy, moderately active adults require at least 200 g of carbohydrate daily to sustain normal brain metabolism and muscle function [17]. However, the author did not provide any evidence supporting this recommendation. Low-carbohydrate diets have been avoided because of the high-fat nature of the diets and the "predicted" associated hypercholesterolemia. However, serum lipids generally improve with the low-carbohydrate diet, especially the triglyceride and HDL measurements. In sharp contrast, high-carbohydrate diets, which reduce high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and raise triglyceride levels, exacerbate the metabolic manifestations of the insulin resistance syndrome [18]. Finally, all fats raise HDL cholesterol. The relative potency of fatty acid classes in raising HDL cholesterol is saturated > monounsaturated > > polyunsaturated [19]. Thus, it is clear that replacement of total fat (of any fatty acid distribution) with carbohydrates results in significant reductions in HDL cholesterol [19]. Indeed, recent studies of carbohydrate intake and its relationship to the development of CHD and type 2 diabetes have been rather revealing, showing that an increase in carbohydrate intake is related to increases in both conditions [20].

Not saying they're bad....just saying they're unnecessary and removing them is beneficial to fat loss.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129159/

Not saying they're bad....just saying they're unnecessary and removing them is beneficial to fat loss.

I'll split the difference with you; how about this:
Not saying they're bad....just saying they're unnecessary and removing them may be beneficial to fat loss.

Don't go getting all Zilla on me but if we didn't need carbs, why do we crave them? My dogs are designed to eat meat almost exclusively but the fuukers will still grab cookies off the counter if I'm not looking.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the science behind it but I know from experience that the only way for me to loose fat is to cut out carbs and sugar

But on th flip side the only way I can gain weight is to eat carbs so for me it's just a matter of what I want to do.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'll split the difference with you; how about this:
Not saying they're bad....just saying they're unnecessary and removing them may be beneficial to fat loss.

Don't go getting all Zilla on me but if we didn't need carbs, why do we crave them? My dogs are designed to eat meat almost exclusively but the fuukers will still grab cookies off the counter if I'm not looking.

Well, good example--I don't NEED pussy...but I crave it.

Carbs are the easiest source of glucose. Think of carbs as a government handout to some unemployed muscle. It would just rather you give it what it needs that to work for it. But, it doesn't make them a dietary necessity. Gluconeogenesis is the biological pathway that makes glucose out of non-carb substrates.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, good example--I don't NEED pussy...but I crave it.

Carbs are the easiest source of glucose. Think of carbs as a government handout to some unemployed muscle. It would just rather you give it what it needs that to work for it. But, it doesn't make them a dietary necessity. Gluconeogenesis is the biological pathway that makes glucose out of non-carb substrates.

That thought process is not unlike how I feel toward fat. For arguments sake, let's stick to dead animals. That fat is a free handout of converted carbs from another creature that had to obtain the fuel, determine if it had an on-demand use and once it had no use for it; store it as fat. Therefore, by eating the fats, you're just bypassing your body's ability to determine what it would like to do with the carb source.

#snakescience

El Gringo

Reaction score
having done keto and by meaning i did 6 months of being scared to death of eating a single blueberry... all i can say is **** that diet. lost about 10 pounds of muscle and gained 5 pounds of fat. If you feel like torturing yourself and going backwards then go for it. Although, if you ever doubt yourself, there are tons of people on the internet that worship the diet and will preach to you all that carbs do is make you fat and you dont need them.

New Threads